Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wtf are you retarded? Twitch sub is 5$. Nobody pays frickin 5$ to clear heroic Nighthold. They are free to choose who they want to invite to their raid group, if they want to give prio to their subs from twitch they are allowed too. You either are sub or you are not, nobody is selling raid spots for subs.

It's like sb said "prio for Hunting Club members" and you would freak out its selling raid spots because before while applying to Hunting Club you need to play 5$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Yup, selling raid spots for real money is not allowed. No doubt about this should lead to a ban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yup, selling raid spots for real money is not allowed. No doubt about this should lead to a ban.
    he is not selling anything .... are you guys retarded? or what the fuck is your problem here ?

It can also be seen as just a way for streamers to be nice to their subs and give something back. These are the people who support them, after all. There's certainly room for people to do this for the wrong reasons and encourage people to sub in exchange for boosts etc., but I don't think it's something to view as inherently malicious.

Given that a twitch subscription is a distinct transaction that has benefits unrelated to anything in WoW, I think drawing links between this and selling in-game services for real money is pretty tenuous. You can construe a lot of relationships between players as "selling in-game services for money" using that criteria. I'm sure some people are doing this for the sake of trying to make a couple of extra bucks, but it's a bit much to tar everyone with the same brush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Can you be a bit more specific?
    I ask because if a streamer is playing and doing raids/events/pvp many times they go ahead and will do these with viewers. Also people who are subbed to their channel will get priority to play with them. Thats not really selling raids for money as some have said. If they are saying "Hey pay this for X clear" then yea obviously, but if they are just giving priority to subs for their channel then no this is not selling runs or whatever they are doing
    Getting people to give them money to get in on runs, sounds like they are to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I don't mind it as ALL of these people are NEVER going to succeed on the platform anyway. When people like Swifty have fallen from the top all the way down to 200-300 viewers because people have lost interest in WoW, then there's almost no chance you're gonna build a big enough stream on this one game alone. It's not gonna happen.

So let them try, it's not going to help them in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda get annoyed at Streamers in general. Once they get a certain amount of viewers they get cocky, think they're the best player in the world and get priviledges the "plebs" can't even dream about.
    A lot of people brought up issues which get ignored, but after a couple of months when the issues persist you see those streamers make video's about them on Youtube and pretend they made the find of the century. They don't support the solutions to those issues but merely do it for money and viewership.
    It's been a long time since I've personally seen a streamer who's not a cash grabbing selfish kid.
    It's a shame people resort to that kind of behavior/people as someone who has a better opinion which should be listened to, compared to those who are not as furtunate as them.

Selling Raidspots on the stream has been a thing for years but Blizzard doesn't care. They rather invite those streamers to Blizzcon to showcase their new games/patches because they're "better" players.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure if a streamer has subs, they will be notified of them streaming thus, going to the stream to get into the raid.

Using the in-game tool is when it gets shady.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's trying to bait in subs, but Blizz won't likely take action since it says priority and not only. Priority means non-subs can get in, just second to the subs.

If it said subs only THEN it can be considered selling raid slots, though something tells me Blizz wouldn't take actions against a "sub appreciation" event.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Seems the ban last month only targeted players who advertised ingame. So go ahead and report those. The wording might get the player a slid though. Be interested to know if any streamers who did such 3rd party only did receive bans.

The streamers I watch that do these things are not selling shit. They simply want to do raids with their fans, nothing more or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Getting people to give them money to get in on runs, sounds like they are to me.
    Which I already said my bad I didn't read the prefinder part
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The streamers I watch that do these things are not selling shit. They simply want to do raids with their fans, nothing more or less.
    this. all of the streamers i see doing it aren't selling anything. it's literally just a matter of giving those people priority(all of them that i see always have non-sub viewers as well). most of the ones i see do it though use some funky group name that most people that weren't part of the stream wouldn't really want to join but there's nothing really wrong with doing it the way in the ss above either. Doubtful blizzard will do anything to them since it's not actually selling anything

Giving subs prio is effectively selling spots for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can go like "hey guys I'm a streamer maybe my subs can boost my lazy ass and we can fake a community" or "hey guys I'm a streamer in a mythic guild, subs can join my raid but only with a good donation first"
    I really really hope some of them are legit streamer that only want do have fun with their subscribers, but lately Twitch is a place full of desperation and cringy characters...

What's wrong with streamers wanting to play/make raids with their subscribers? A raid full of subs is a lot different than selling kills with a carry group. You're not even guaranteed to kill anything and 99% of the time these raids are not like mythic gul'dan kills but normal/heroic raids that virtually everyone in the raid has already cleared and they're just doing it to relax and have some fun with their fanbase. Since the raid caps at 30, they can't just invite everyone, hence the subs getting priority.

Haven't seen this. I've only ever run with Bajheera and Asmongold, and neither of them were giving deferential treatment to subs. Hell, the other day I saw Quin form an all-Paladin raid where they just found a random dude with shit gear and boosted him like 50 iLvL in one Nighthold run.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    he is not selling anything .... are you guys retarded? or what the fuck is your problem here ?
    To sub to someone on Twitch you usually pay monthly.

I'm not sure if there's another way where you don't, but from my limited Twitch understanding, that's how it works.
    So yes, it's technically selling.

There is a BIG difference between "hey, you sub guys can hang out with me while I do things" (which is fine) and "omg, you're not getting in my raid unless you sub my lousy twitch channel". (which is just pretty low-down and unethical)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    i can see this being for big streamers with large viewer bases who want to do something for their subs.

for lower viewer streamers looking to sell raid spots for $$$, not okay.

Where do we draw the line?

I think sub only raids are fine but telling people to sub for a spot in the raid i think is banworthy.
    I think the line can be clearly drawn at "entering the group into the group finder." If it were just something to give back to their community, so-to-speak, they could hold raffles on the stream and have people direct-message them their battletag to be invited. I know the Friendship Moose guy would hold raffles on his stream, and would also randomly select a few people from the premade queue, but you didn't have to sub to his channel to get a slot. This feels a lot like "sub to me for a free raid carry!" which you can make a very strong argument is effectively selling raid carries for real money, something Blizz has been cracking down on lately.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!