Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Comments are about as cancer as I expected, tbh.

As though they can't be working on more than one remaster at a time... doing SC1 is entirely different than doing WC1-3 (which would likely be released together).
    Not quite. Some of the battle.net infrastructure and interface scaling that was developed for the SC1 remaster would likely be transferable to WC1-2.

Additionally, WC1-2 uses 2d sprites, while WC3 uses 3d models; completely different jobs and expertise, so I would expect them to be released separately.

Don't need a WC3 remake it's still pretty good, I want a playable Wc1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Pretty sure we're gonna see Warcraft 1&2 and Diablo 1&2 getting updated before Warcraft 3, assuming their plan is to have it all run on modern systems, because WC3 already runs pretty well on modern systems.
    I have them all running on a "modern" system... or does a virtual box not count? =)

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    People are this fucking dumb and give blizzard money for old games. It's all window dressing. Here's an idea why not make something new.

I hope people are not dumb and fall for this and waste thier money.
    "Blizzard is making the original Starcraft and Brood War games free!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It comes down to cost. I'm pretty old for a gamer (born '72) and 8 bit and 16 bit games where developed by groups of 1-10 people in 6 months. Today the teams are over 100 people and cost millions and take more than one year. That's a BIG commitment and big risk. So they play it safe. I don't blame them, it's a systematic problem of the complex modern tech and I also can't offer a good solution. Indy games are one way to tackle the problem. But people also want top graphics and sound, but that's expensive and takes time...
    Your not that old, I myself am old (born 1968) and I certainly feel like it at times.. lol I think the best times I had with gaming was on my Atari 520ST that I bought in 1986 and summarily modded with 1 meg of ram and a 3 1/2 inch double sided drive and a custom cable for a Commodore 1084S monitor..

Anyways I had the heaps of great games back then with some of them being Powermonger, Hunter, Starglider 1 & 2, Midwinter 1 & 2, Carrier Command and really cool game that first came out on the Acorn Archimedes called Zarch before it got ported over to the Atari ST and Amiga 500 where it was called Virus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVeZ9c9fLM..

And I think you are right in that the only place we will see innovative and interesting games will be from lesser know dev studios and indie devs where they are not afraid to try something new and refreshing..

The trouble with great graphics is that in most cases they hide shocking gameplay, I find some of the better games for me at least tend to have simpler graphics maybe because they remind me of all the great games I had on my Atari ST..

Anyway we will see what comes in the future..

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

*Prays for D1 and D2 remake*

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    It feels like April's fool (as Blizzard usually do). If not, I hope they at least upgraded the Unit selection tab. (More then 12 at the same time). But it just feels like recycling all over again. We need something new, something big, RPG/MMO/Adventure style.
    Keeping the 12 unit selection was one of the most requested features by the starcraft community. No one cares what people like you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Only the most popular RTS game on the market. Totally ded gmae......
    The most popular game in a genre with zero competition.

This looks awesome, SC2 was complete and utter shit so this will be amazing

People are this fucking dumb and give blizzard money for old games. It's all window dressing. Here's an idea why not make something new.

Overwatch, HS, and HotS all say hello. Let people enjoy things. The contributing teams to old games are very small and they have hundreds of separate people working on other projects simultaneously.

Deleted
    now for a Warcraft 3 Remaster or warcraft 4!!!!

They fucking blew it.

They should have done a REAL remake with the SC2 engine, with update campaign with ingame cinematic and point and clic dialogue between mission.

That uprez bullshit is FUCKING LAME and they did it for the korean inbred that are still only playing broodwar, instead of doing a proper remake for EVERYONE ELSE.

Can't believe that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    They fucking blew it.

They should have done a REAL remake with the SC2 engine, with update campaign with ingame cinematic and point and clic dialogue between mission.

That uprez bullshit is FUCKING LAME and they did it for the korean inbred that are still only playing broodwar, instead of doing a proper remake for EVERYONE ELSE.

Can't believe that shit.
    There's already a mod that fully recreates the originals in the SC2 engine, which you can play for free using the Starter Edition.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I am hyped, very hyped. Let's hope they announce they're doing the Warcraft games and maybe Diablo 2 at BlizzCon!

Glad they decided to keep the sprites and keep them loyal to the original. it's a bit of a lost art these days. It's not a horribly exciting announcement, but I'm glad they decided to give one of their oldies some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's already a mod that fully recreates the originals in the SC2 engine, which you can play for free using the Starter Edition.
    I'm talking about a REMAKE not a just a port.
    The mission reworked with actual cool feature and not the basic "kill all enemies", and with campaign mechanics, and high poly model doing ingame dialogue between mission. I'm talking about bringing SC1 campaign to the level of SC2.

That's uprez or just porting the mission to the SC2 engine is lame and lazy. That's not a way to make honor to the legacy of SC1.

Well, now I hope for Diablo 2 remastered
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Just because you're broke doesn't mean everyone else is and can't afford more games. New or remakes. Go play your Xbox 360 or whatever you do. Relax.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

power underwhelming...

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that's not really excited for this?

I'm more interested in the 1080p Cinematics than playing the campaign again

WTB Diablo II HD now, kthx, love that game but playing at 800x600 hurts me.