Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What do they harvest in Finland? Snow?
    It's berries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It's berries.
    Do natives pick these berries or do they have migrates come pick them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Like what countries? And with what agricultural work exactly?
    The countries in Europe.
    The harvesting kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Both.

The countries in Europe.
    The harvesting kind.
    Which countries? What harvesting? Any sources for these allegations?

It's common that immigrants work in the cleaning, restaurant, recycling and nursing fields - but immigrants in agriculture is not that common.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The countries in Europe.
    The harvesting kind.
    It really depends on where in europe. Italy Spain and France lots of people from north Africa, Germany Netherlands I'm sure most would come from eastern Europe. Not sure about the UK.

Yeah they do, there is no work in Finland that is only done by migrants because natives dont want to do it. Only reason natives dont do something is that they got better education and dont want to work for less money. Thais come to finland pick the berries because they get paid alot more in Finland compared to where they are from.

Edit. Yes. Finland is pretty awesome. Remember America first but Finland second.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    It really depends on where in europe. Italy Spain and France lots of people from north Africa, Germany Netherlands I'm sure most would come from eastern Europe. Not sure about the UK.
    Ah...
    So, it does seem each country is importing migrants to do work their own countrymen don't want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yeah they do, there is no work in Finland that is only done by migrants because natives dont want to do it. Only reason natives dont do something is that they got better education and dont want to work for less money. Thais come to finland pick the berries because they get paid alot more in Finland compared to where they are from.

Edit. Yes. Finland is pretty awesome. Remember America first but Finland second.
    Sounds something we do in the Western Hemisphere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah...
    So, it does seem each country is importing migrants to do work their own countrymen don't want to do.
    No, it just means there are lots of migrants from those countries. It also doesn't mean they work in the agricultural industry.

They come here to pick the berries, because they are free to do so. Those berries are free for anyone to take in the forest. They come pick those up and sell them. Anyone can do that. I do that every year, my whole family does. We just pick for our own needs.

And again, that isn't agriculture. Those are berries growing in the forest.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-03-26 at 06:39 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen foreign agricultural worker here in Finland. The farms around here have lots of machinery to do the slave labour.
    For your country people have been replaced by machines.
    Machines are doing the work that people don't want to do.

Deleted
    Ah...

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty much an inevitable part of any country with an evolving education system and a big agricultural sector. Not all can be machine work and locals tend to shy away with better education.

10+ Year Old Account
    For your country people have been replaced by machines.
    Machines are doing the work that people don't want to do.
    Finland is a frozen wasteland, populated entirely by reindeer and rally drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Finland is a frozen wasteland, populated entirely by reindeer and rally drivers.
    Hope they have snow tires.

There's no need to guess when there are all statistics available:

Effectively, in most EU countries the bulk of farm work is carried out by theholders and their family members (mainly their spouses): together, they account for 92.2% of thoseworking on the farms, to very similar shares(46.6%for the holders, 45.6%for theirfamily members).Hired non-family workers only represent 7.8% of those regularly working on the farms.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Italy there are two kinds of agriculture: the extensive one and the particular one.

The tomatoes, hazelnuts, corns and every kind of vegetables / fruit are gathered by a mix of very young italian guys working in summer, foreign europeans (from Albania and Romania manily), Africans (most of them are from Morocco and Senegal) and some Chineese and Indians. There are lots problems, specially in the south the agriculture job is illegal and the strangers are paid 2€/hr instead of 6,50€, witch is the minimun wage.

Family business controls the grapes and the olives agricolture, and almost only italians works in there.

My father have a beans cultivation, last year they were 5 from the family, 2 other italians, 4 from morocco, 1 from senegal, 1 from burkina faso and 1 from romania.
    Last edited by baatora; 2017-03-26 at 07:10 PM.
    The red threat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baatora View Post
    In Italy there are two kinds of agriculture: the extensive one and the particular one.

The tomatoes, hazelnuts, corns and every kind of vegetables / fruit are gathered by a mix of very young italian guys working in summer, foreign europeans (from Albania and Romania manily), Africans (most of them are from Morocco and Senegal) and some Chineese and Indians. There are lots problems, specially in the south the agriculture job is illegal and the strangers are paid 2€/hr instead of 6,50€, witch is the minimun wage.

Family business controls the grapes and the olives agricolture, and almost only italians works in there.

My father have a beans cultivation, last year they were 5 from the family, 2 other italians, 4 from morocco, 1 from senegal and 1 from romania.
    Mafia pomodori business is a subject of its own, though.

Deleted
    Mafia pomodori business is a subject of its own, though.
    So you reply like that to the most informative post throughout the thread?

Deleted
    Our peasants of course, can't do manual labor from our castles. Reminds me they haven't payed my share of the harvest yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There's no need to guess when there are all statistics available:

Effectively, in most EU countries the bulk of farm work is carried out by theholders and their family members (mainly their spouses): together, they account for 92.2% of thoseworking on the farms, to very similar shares(46.6%for the holders, 45.6%for theirfamily members).Hired non-family workers only represent 7.8% of those regularly working on the farms.
    So you reply like that to the most informative post throughout the thread?
    The quote above is the most informative post throughout the thread. Also, it's not like it's some sort of conspiracy or mystery that Southern Italy is almost entirely controlled by mafia. Missing the smiley and understanding the sarcasm involved also makes me question your sense of humour.

Deleted
    The quote above is the most informative post throughout the thread. Also, it's not like it's some sort of conspiracy or mystery that Southern Italy is almost entirely controlled by mafia. Missing the smiley and understanding the sarcasm involved also makes me question your sense of humour.
    Your post makes me question your intelligence instead. Do you find that reply appropriate? Were you raised in a barn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Your post makes me question your intelligence instead. Do you find that reply appropriate? Were you raised in a barn?
    You should take a chill pill and take a deep breath if one harmless sarcastic joke makes you feel so uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thought came to me today since many Europeans on this forum complain pretty much on a daily basis about how Americans have migrants do so much of their agricultural work.

Is Europe really any better than any other part world? Considering how small each of their individual countries are and how little of it they contribute to the world.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    What is your problem with Europe? Every thread I see you post in is usually about the orange muppet and in his defence you just seem to go "but but Europe did stuff too!".

If not for Europe, YOU would not exist, at least give us some credit for that. Not sure what you expect us to give of our countries? If you are talking about Immigrants etc, the US has a population density of 85.53 people per square mile compared to the UK which has 695 per square mile, Germany at 596, France at 306, Spain at 238. As you can see, compared to Europe, the US has the space to take more people, it also has the need to take more immigrants too.

“There’s plenty of workers here, the issue is legal status,” said Armando Elenes, National Vice President of United Farm Workers.

Even with so many American citizens out of work, they just aren’t rushing for the fields for these jobs.
    As you can see in the above quote from the article in my link, sure that joke you guys put in the whitehouse has given Americans back their jobs, problem is most Americans don't want them.