Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Sargeras fight will probably be long
    If DW needed two fights to kill him, Sargeras will need ATLEAST every fight for a whole expansion..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Big name bosses have always been long duration encounters.

So this makes you a noob to complain about fight length.
    Remember Blackhand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Because blizzard devs are fucking morons. Encounters should not last longer than 6-8 min.
    Fights should not be done in 6 minutes until the next expansion...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is the last boss fight and it is Gul'dan. So it should be roughly the longest fight in the raid and hardest(IMO and ideally anyways)

Because blizzard devs are fucking morons. Encounters should not last longer than 6-8 min.
    ...Says who(If you mean raid encounters). What is supposed to be the actual good raid encounter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well it is the last boss fight and it is Gul'dan. So it should be roughly the longest fight in the raid and hardest(IMO and ideally anyways)
    People didn't complain about Blackhand.
    Archimonde was fine too and the longest fight (looking at WF killtime) in HFC. Just not by freaking ~5 (didn't check correct me if that number is wrong) mins.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-03-26 at 06:41 PM.

100% troll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Lei Shen, Archimonde, Blackhand are three of many fights that were difficult but lasted just around 10 minutes. I get Sha of Fear, Garrosh vibes all over my body. Can´t believe they actually went through with almost the same formula again.
    Phase 1 is such a snoozefest. In terms of introducing actual skill-based mechanics that test your raiders, instead you will face a test of endurance.
    Or have the fight stay as long but at least hotfix in some more mechanics omg. Ragnaros was a 14 minute fight but it had way more mechanics and was actually a fitting end-boss, same with Imperator.

Blizzard just intended to wear you down with that fight, surely. Yawnfest.

STOP WITH THOSE 15-minute mythic boss fights please!

Inb4 17 minute KJ mythic in ToS. Because thats the only way they can make a mythic end boss difficult for raiders.
    haha, you shoulda seen the lich king on heroic. 25 min of pure concentration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn View Post
    haha, you shoulda seen the lich king on heroic. 25 min of pure concentration.
    Huh? LK in ICC was a 15min fight with 15min enrage, not sure where u got the 25min from unless u are adding the pre fight and post fight RP but still....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    There is an easy way to see bad design. You just have to make most abilities of an encounter extremely hard and even add RNG elements and if people die you are basically instant wipe. The longer a fight lasts the higher the chance of someone screwing up.

= and this is how you get increased difficulty, because intelligently designed mechanics are soooooo hard to create

In 3 years encounters are going to last longer than people can stay awake.
    like that one boss (pandemonium warden) back then in final fantasy 11 which lasted about 20 hours for the group to kill it nonstop. The phases switches in frequencys of hours, that would be a "fun" boss for wow (fun= just for reasons and raid cycle excluded to derp around)
    Last edited by mmoc5f1f8584d6; 2017-03-26 at 07:42 PM.

Ye olde nefarian in bwl during vanilla... Wasn't that fight something like 25mins?

Maybe. Maybe not. I just recall it being long and first thing regarding that which comes to my mind was "25mins".

Those wanding periods as mage... lol. Ran out of mana during the fight lasting so long.

i agree with op.

ITT: People who never did Sha of Fear Heroic.

I'll just leave this here:

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ITT: People who never did Sha of Fear Heroic.
    ITT: Person who forgot that even Blizzard thought that Sha of Fear Heroic took too long and implemented in game buff to make phase one go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    ITT: Person who forgot that even Blizzard thought that Sha of Fear Heroic took too long and implemented in game buff to make phase one go faster.
    What?

We killed that the week before ToT was released and there was no such mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Says who(If you mean raid encounters). What is supposed to be the actual good raid encounter.
    Blackhand? AKA the fastest and most engaging last boss ever created?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I'd say Blackhand should be long relatively but I wouldn't say 10 minutes. Maybe last boss fight of an expansion sure but not a mid or even first tier end boss fight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Mythic Blackhand P2 remains one of the most difficult phases to any Mythic encounter in recent memory. While quick, the amount of execution necessary for this phase was pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What?

We killed that the week before ToT was released and there was no such mechanic.
    Lei shi gave the raid a buff after reaching P2, that made P1 quicker to push (either 10% haste or 10% damage, don't recall which). Most guilds ended up just zerging with full single-target specs and bloodlust to get the buff, then go in proper specs after.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Lei shi gave the raid a buff after reaching P2, that made P1 quicker to push (either 10% haste or 10% damage, don't recall which). Most guilds ended up just zerging with full single-target specs and bloodlust to get the buff, then go in proper specs after.
    Well, the lust debuff dropped as soon as you hit P2 and we used the "AFK platform" strat so that obviously had a bit to do with the length of time it took us to complete the encounter. That said, it was still a long ass fucking encounter.

dunno but it's one of the most boring end bosses to progress on so far from my experience. the fact it drags on for 8 more minutes past the point I've gotten is pretty awful to me.