Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its a weekend trip not a vacation...

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol yes i am obsessed!

I usually am when it comes to my tax dollars, like the rest of you were from 2009-2017. right? right?

Yes i am obsessed.

now that we have that out of the way.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...-at-mar-a-lago

Like your snowbird grandpa on steroids, President Donald Trump is coming back to Florida this weekend for his fifth vacation at the Mar-a-Lago resort since his inauguration.

The Palm Beach Post reports an advisory from the Federal Aviation Authority shows flight restrictions will be in place for "VIP movement" through Friday, March 17, to Sunday, March 19. Aside from costing taxpayers millions every time he visits the Sunshine State, Trump's golfing excursions are threatening to put the Lantana Airport in Palm Beach County out of business because it has to close every weekend the president is in town.

54 days, 5 vacations to mar-a-lago already. on pace for 35 trips this year, 140 during his term. 3 million a pop. 105m a year, 420 million total cost. Even if you un-inflate those numbers by 50%....that's 210 million.

I think they put some other president whom was lambasted at 80-90m total for 8 years.

And yes i am obsessed!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and btw
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2995302

It must be Saturday — the President went golfing.

President Trump — who regularly lambasted his predecessor for spending too much time playing the sport — is golfing for the ninth time since taking office seven weeks ago.

lol 9th time. Obama had still not golfed yet at this point in his first year

Yes i am obsessed
    Is it really a "vacation" or is he just going there for the weekend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Is second home is a resort?
    He probably has more than one "second home".
    Bush would spend his time away here in Texas at his family ranch. Reagan and Kennedy also had ranches. Each PotUS usually spends their time "away" at their family's homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Its a weekend trip not a vacation...
    When you travel thousands of miles on the Tax Payer dime for no other reason than to go golfing at one of his resorts, then it is a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    When you travel thousands of miles on the Tax Payer dime for no other reason than to go golfing at one of his resorts, then it is a vacation.
    Nope, that is called a weekend trip/getaway.

va·ca·tion
    noun
    noun: vacation; plural noun: vacations

North American
    an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.
    "he took a vacation in the south of France"

A weekend is not an extended period.

People are just arguing semantics at this point.

Whether it is a "vacation" or a "weekend" is immaterial. What should matter is the amount of tax dollars these "vacation days" cost.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Whether it is a "vacation" or a "weekend" is immaterial. What should matter is the amount of tax dollars these "vacation days" cost.
    Yeah I want to restate this. The moral cost here doesn't come from how we label his actions. It comes from the fact that he's wasting hoards of taxpayer money to fund his self-gratification. It's really quite sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah I want to restate this. The moral cost here doesn't come from how we label his actions. It comes from the fact that he's wasting hoards of taxpayer money to fund his self-gratification. It's really quite sickening.

Then they should talk about EVERY politician that goes on "vacation days" using tax dollars. Make it a serious discussion about what they should cover and what they shouldn't cover instead of singling out an individual or for this weeks QQ about Trump.

Then they should talk about EVERY politician that goes on "vacation days" using tax dollars. Make it a serious discussion about what they should cover and what they shouldn't cover instead of singling out an individual or for this weeks QQ about Trump.
    You realize that they did.... because Trump whined about Obama vacation spending, yet hes gona beat obama 8 years in one year lmao. Hello? If he keeps it up he will beat bush and obama 16 years before his first term is over. How is that fucking normal to you? The best part is he goes to these week ends into clubs his company owns, using your tax money to give himself money while doing this. Hes gona make millions extra on your back while playing golf. Id give up the president salary too if you were this easy to con.

In most other western countries, it would pretty much end your political career.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-26 at 09:33 PM.

The topic is the amount of vacation days that Trump takes and the cost of them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Do you think that if Obama, during his presidency, responded to criticisms about his infrequent golf trips by saying 'they aren't vacations, they're working days off', Trump and the rest of the Republican outrage machine would have said 'oh, okay' and dropped the subject? Be honest here.

va·ca·tion
    noun

North American
    an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.

Doesn't matter what you call it, when he is spending TAX PAYER MONEY to go to these places to ENRICH HIMSELF, that is self-dealing and illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Doesn't matter what you call it, when he is spending TAX PAYER MONEY to go to these places to ENRICH HIMSELF, that is self-dealing and illegal.
    If it was illegal congress would of made a big stink about it already, but they haven't so therefore its fine.

Besides its well with in his rights as the president, its not like he spent his whole presidency so far in a banana hammock sipping Mai Tai's on a beach somewhere.

If it was illegal congress would of made a big stink about it already, but they haven't so therefore its fine.

Besides its well with in his rights as the president, its not like he spent his whole presidency so far in a banana hammock sipping Mai Tai's on a beach somewhere.
    I think relying on Congress to call Trump out on something is just adorable.

Obama caught a lot of shit from republicans for much less. Their hypocrisy isn't surprising, but still disgusting.

You actually think the REPUBLICAN congress is going to say anything to their hypocritical REPUBLICAN president?

Deleted
    Only 7 years and 10 months to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    i hate you, am i doing it right? typing blind here

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Umm Endus? Stupid pointless thread needs closing, thanks.
    Sorry brah, this thread is left leaning. Totes OK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    54 days, 5 vacations to mar-a-lago already. on pace for 35 trips this year, 140 during his term. 3 million a pop.
    Can you give me a breakdown of how it realistically costs 3m to fly to florida for 2 days?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Sorry brah, this thread is left leaning. Totes OK

- - - Updated - - -

Can you give me a breakdown of how it realistically costs 3m to fly to florida for 2 days?
    Air Force One costs $200,000 per hour of flight, plus there's the cost of the Secret Service having to set up in a place that, unlike Camp David, was not designed with the purpose of keeping the President of the United States safe while he's there. The $3M is based on a similar trip Obama took in 2013, which lasted four days and cost a total of $3.6 million. Including in the damage to the local businesses, who are subject to their own security requirements when he's in town, and $3M is generous.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

va·ca·tion
    noun

North American

And you are pulling this info from where? An extended period can be anything from a few hours to a few years.