Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who hopes they make a "collectors edition" of the remastered games like they do with current games? I love the pets/skins/portraits/transmog they give for the other franchises in CE and this would be the perfect opportunity.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    I'd accept WC3 remaster only if custom maps from the old version are compatible. There are so many amazing custom maps, minigames and campaigns on internet and it'd would be a shame if there were limited to not remastered version.

Every blizzcon someone asks for this remastered versions... People are crying for wc series for years. So I am not surprised blizzard is doing this. It would be dumb not to...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's nothing new. The music and movie industry have been doing it for decades. Why not games too?

It all comes down to the $$$$. And it's a hell of a lot easier to remaster something than come up with something new.
    Exactly this. Blizzard is a business and business will do what it takes to bring in profits.

Like with movies and TV shows remaking/remastering etc is while sometimes not cheaper near enough always guarantee much bigger return on the investment. While new IPs the customer tends to shy away from. Horizon being an exception outside of the norm in games.

In films it's not as bad as people say though. New IPs do come out all the time, the problem in films is that the customer runs to the sequels/reboots/re-imaginings/remasters whatever while ignoring the new IPs, all the while blaming Hollywood for not bringing out these new films. Leaving in a never ending cycle.

Money talks, not QQers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Am I the only one who hopes they make a "collectors edition" of the remastered games like they do with current games? I love the pets/skins/portraits/transmog they give for the other franchises in CE and this would be the perfect opportunity.
    Nope, definitely you're not the only one. I really hope they will make something with in-game content for other Blizzard games. A digital collector's edition sounds cool

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a whinge thread in disguise, but either way I always look forward t remasters of games I love, since older games tend to have issues on new OS's and have horrible resolutions when playing on modern day wide screen Monitors/TVs

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd pay greatly for a similar D2 remake. 0 gameplay changes, just improved graphics\textures\models\ui
    Get hyped! You know its coming!

Quote Originally Posted by stevorino View Post
    wc3 has aged very well and is the last game that needs to be remastered, imho
    Uh, you're kidding right? WC3's visuals are hideous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorino View Post
    wc3 has aged very well and is the last game that needs to be remastered, imho
    Tbh, a remaster won't really matter. It's way too slow and the unit control is really horrible considering how expensive units are in that game.
    Same thing with SC imho, the problem isn't with the audio/video... the game-ui, pathfinding etc. is all messed up and doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Uh, you're kidding right? WC3's visuals are hideous.
    True
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-26 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    they remake old games because its easy work and a lot of incoming money. thats it. there is no hidden love or anything behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    With the announcement of the StarCraft remake, I think it's safe to assume they will do others. Blizzard loves to repackage old content and sell it back to its customers. They've been doing it in Wow for years.
    It isn't a matter of "repackaging and reselling old content". The game straight up doesn't run on current hardware or software. Keep in mind this game was developed in the 90s with a release date in 1998. That is NINETEEN years. Also players have been asking for this release along with the original Warcraft games so of course you haters don't waste any time finding a way to use it to trash Blizzard. Seriously get the fuck out of here with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's nothing new. The music and movie industry have been doing it for decades. Why not games too?

It all comes down to the $$$$. And it's a hell of a lot easier to remaster something than come up with something new.
    Are you fucking kidding me right now? You have spent no less than 4 years in a perpetual hissy fit/temper tantrum over flying because you think Blizzard supposedly ignores players and never does what they want and now when they actually follow through on a player request you bash them for it? What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

If Blizzard wanted to cut costs and do something cheap they certainly wouldn't be rewriting 20 year old legacy code or updating its graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Am I the only one hoping that a SC remaster can help breath some life into a dead genre . I really miss the old school base building games like SC, WC, and C&C. SCII is decent but C&C 4 was a damn abomination!
    I just want Warcraft 2 64bit HD.
    Nothing like tunneling through forests to attack your enemies! It was just a hell of a fun game.

With the announcement of the StarCraft remake, I think it's safe to assume they will do others. Blizzard loves to repackage old content and sell it back to its customers. They've been doing it in Wow for years.
    Given you will get the old one for free, I would say it is very different.
    They aren't forcing use of the new paid one.
    We don't even know costs yet, though you have already made your mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Nope, definitely you're not the only one. I really hope they will make something with in-game content for other Blizzard games. A digital collector's edition sounds cool
    Or a physical collector's edition.
    That could be interesting given what they did with Overwatch.
    A statue or similar would be cool.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-26 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I heard Diablo 2 was already basically remade and made better! I think they called it Path of Exile.

Remastering games is super easy and cheap to do that yelds very high profits generally. I cold very easily see them bring WC3 to the SC2 engine. WC1/2 might be a little harder though.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Why Blizzard will remake all their old games - money. They are a business...a businesses goal is to make money, and lots of it in any way they can. A complete shocker, I know! It seems some people still like to think Blizzard is not a multi-billion dollar business, but instead an old friend that somehow has betrayed them over the years. Please look at basically any big business and think about how they make their money repackaging things and selling it. Look at every restaurant, car company, movie studio, beverage and food company, clothing company...virtually everything new is just a new spin on something done a hundred times before as to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me right now? You have spent no less than 4 years in a perpetual hissy fit/temper tantrum over flying because you think Blizzard supposedly ignores players and never does what they want and now when they actually follow through on a player request you bash them for it? What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

If Blizzard wanted to cut costs and do something cheap they certainly wouldn't be rewriting 20 year old legacy code or updating its graphics.
    I think you might want to take a step back and read my post objectively. What is there that's offensive or whiny about it? It's just a simple statement of facts. Did I imply the remaster would be bad? Did I say ANYTHING about it being about screwing players? Did I even make a single complaint?

I realize a lot is lost in translation due to there being no tone of voice when reading text, but really, I don't seem to be the one with the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I heard Diablo 2 was already basically remade and made better! I think they called it Path of Exile.
    Path of Exile rivals Diablo 3 on merit of build diversity alone, and the simple fact that it's free is a massive argument in its favor. It beats the holy living hell out of Diablo 2.

What I'm most curious to see is how the official Blizzard remaster of Starcraft stacks up against the fan remake using the SC2 toolset. In case you guys weren't aware, some fans went through and redid everything using Legacy of the Void. You can even play using the starter edition. IIRC it's called "Starcraft: Mass Recall"
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-03-26 at 11:05 PM.

SC still works even on Windows10. The 1 and 2 for Warcraft and Diablo are the ones that have significant comparability issues needing VMs or emulators to run.

If it was out of goodness of their hearts then this would of been a free patch. Blizzard is a company and I do not hold anything against them for wanting to make money from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd pay greatly for a similar D2 remake. 0 gameplay changes, just improved graphics\textures\models\ui
    Depending on how well SCRemaster does, I'd put money on a WC3/TFT and Diablo II/LoD remaster and the original versions being made free, like with Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War (which would also be an excellent means of word-of-mouth/freesharing marketing by fans to bring in new blood. "Hey, check this out, it's a full-size AAA game from the 90s/00s that got an HD remake recently; if you dig it we can buy the remaster and play that together").

And even though @otaXephon was joking, if these remasters sell well they might look at giving legacy realms a remaster treatment, but that's a longer shot, and not one I'm as eager for as the idea of a Diablo II remaster and a WC3 remaster. WC3 remaster shouldn't be too hard to do, technically speaking, since Blizz put the WC3 units in Starcraft II and map assets can be remade (indeed, a modder has been doing such a good job at it they may as well bring them onboard and build off what's done with Armies of Azeroth).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    SC still works even on Windows10. The 1 and 2 for Warcraft and Diablo are the ones that have significant comparability issues needing VMs or emulators to run.

If it was out of goodness of their hearts then this would of been a free patch. Blizzard is a company and I do not hold anything against them for wanting to make money from this.
    To their credit, at least they're not splitting the SD/HD communities for Starcraft by letting them play together, and if memory serves, didn't they recently do some work updating Diablo II and WC3 letting the SD versions run on modern machines?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!