Poll: A different remaster a better choice?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    the warcraft series of games is irrelevant.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wrong forum

Also I don't care for remastered cash grabs
    SC1 is still the most played game in Korea and is shown on National TV....

SC1 is our NFL/NBA.... This is 100% for them.. now they get high def of the game that their whole country is obsessed with. not a cash grab more keeping Korea happy.

Warcraft 3 doesnt need a remaster, its still working/looking fine. Starcraft I on the other hand really needed one.

If they do a WC, I would suggest WCI or II next (dunno, if WCI has a fanbase, but it would feel weird for them to start with II )
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the option for both?
    Starcraft remastered first since its older and far more dated, then do a Warcraft 3 remastered while not as graphically up to date can still be easily played on nearly any system today and get good performance.

The "remastering" of Starcraft is barely worth discussing, the game looks essentially the same (and still outdated). The outcome for a WC3 remastering would likely be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Warcraft 3 doesnt need a remaster, its still working/looking fine. Starcraft I on the other hand really needed one.

If they do a WC, I would suggest WCI or II next (dunno, if WCI has a fanbase, but it would feel weird for them to start with II )
    I recently decided to replay both WI and WII. I found WI unplayable, between the inability to scroll the map and no right or left click functionality, I was not playing, I was struggling with the interface. WII on the other hand was fine.

Bottom line is, there is a huge chasm between WI and WII and between WII and SCI. Each game was a massive evolution in terms of game-play. I dont think we will see either of the first two W games remastered due to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

A proper remaster, plus the warcraft1 and warcraft2 campaign remade in the warcraft3 engine and added to it, I think would be really cool.

I never cared for the Starcraft games and I absolutely love WC3. But my question is if these improvements can be applied to existing custom games, where its easier to run games that are HUGE.

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, will Blizzard finally bring their games to Linux? And no, Wine doesn't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want all of the old Blizzard games updated and on my launcher.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They'll be doing it next, mark my words. They even said in an interview they'd be looking at other Blizzard games once this one was released. I guarantee they'll announce something at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The "remastering" of Starcraft is barely worth discussing, the game looks essentially the same (and still outdated). The outcome for a WC3 remastering would likely be the same.
    In what way is it outdated? All the necessary changes have been made.

To be honest I'd rather they develop a new engine or adapt the SC2 engine and remake Warcraft 1-3 in there, rather than what they're doing here which is basically just up-scaling the assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, SC1 campaigns are essentially already remastered: Mass Recall project; the campaigns are made in the SC2 editor, and they are Blizzard-level of quality. Blizzard simply needs to contact the devs and negotiate a deal with them, and a SC1 remaster is complete.

With Warcraft series, it is a bit more tricky. There is a WC2 campaign remake, but it is pretty buggy and unpolished; I had to quit after the 3rd Orc mission, because of the exploit you could use to essentially nullify the ship oil price. Not sure what the WC1 campaign status is, I know it has been made, but, from what I've heard, it is in an even worse state.

A few years ago Blizzard officially released WC3 assets for SC2 editor, and the modders have recreated many WC3 melee maps with them. We just need to find a group that is willing to make WC1, WC2 and WC3 campaign remakes in the SC2 editor. Blizzard could officially arrange it, even. Shouldn't be overly hard and pricey.

---

Still, I would prefer them to make a proper WC4 RTS game with a fully functional editor, and then someone can recreate all the previous Blizzard RTS campaigns in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Need a "I want a wc1/2 remaster" option. WC3 still looks pretty decent.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to have a WC1/2 updated. Using an updated SC2 system, having the updated lore since a lot of 1/2 has been retconned. I'm not too worried about WC3, but both 1/2 cant be played anymore without a bunch of workarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yes.

Those products made Blizzard, those products are already paid for. I am not a big fan of paying companies twice for the same thing.

If EU would release an old game with an update and charge for it they would get a ride down shit creek. Same for Ubisoft and others, i don't find that Blizzard should be immune for criticism on this. How much of a grab this is, will be seen from how high the pricing is going to be around this.
    They are updating the original with improved compatibility, and allowing the two to play with each other.
    You pay for the graphical overhaul pretty much.
    You can get the rest for free.
    We don't even know prices yet.

And a rather silly poll, given how there isn't any reason why there had to be just one.
    Them choosing one does not in any way exclude or prevent others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-26 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    Remastering WC3 is like remastering WoW though, since it's the same engine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

WC3 doesn't need "remastering", it already looks and runs fine on modern systems. If it were to be updated it would be on the already very dated itself SC2 engine, which is a lot more work than a remaster for what would ultimately be lacklustre compared to what is possible. Updating a 2d game and 3d game are very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Remastering WC3 is like remastering WoW though, since it's the same engine.
    Well no it's not really the same engine, not in the sense that you're thinking.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    WC3 doesn't need "remastering", it already looks and runs fine on modern systems. If it were to be updated it would be on the already very dated itself SC2 engine, which is a lot more work than a remaster for what would ultimately be lacklustre compared to what is possible. Updating a 2d game and 3d game are very different things.

Well no it's not really the same engine, not in the sense that you're thinking.
    We don't know what would be required in terms of engine.
    Look at what has been achieved with DOSBox for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.