Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Replacing it means massive work (against giant lobbyists), and repealing it means pissing off their base when they find out they lose their ACA healthcare along with that pesky "Obamacare" that's ruining everything.
    That part never gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I can't believe im saying this, but to be fair to Trump.. the Freedom Caucus really is a massive hinderence to the Republicans getting anything done, Im HAPPY about that because I don't want their agenda to go through but the Freedom Caucus's essentially "all or nothing" mindset when it comes to well.... everything makes them next to impossible to negociate with since they'll always just want more and more, and if they don't get 100% of what they want they'll reject anything even if it's 95% of what they want. They've pretty much made the House completely ungovernable and I suspect even WITH A Republican President their gonna try to hold the debt ceiling and government funding hostage AGAIN.

Their pretty much the exact opposite of what good legislators should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    He's gonna pass all the laws himself, duh!
    He knows all the best words. Some people think you need at least 5 letters to make a $5 word, but trump is such the shrewd negotiator, most of what he uses to construct his sentences have 4 letters or less. That's a 40% saving that he,passes on to you, the tax payer, through tax credits.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Crap even by our standards (~130th vs our ~30th WHO ranking). Think it's mostly vodka from vending machines.
    The difference is that the USA spends twice as much as the second most expensive country to get its crap care.

Russia's spending on health care is around #50 in the world...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Neither is something to be proud of.
    However, having the resources and choosing not to do it (as with the USA) - is definitely worse in my opinion.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I just don't understand what the hell they have been doing the last 8 years. 8 years of swearing that Obamacare is the worst disaster in American history... Have they been pleasing each other in bed all this time, instead of working something out that is better than the worst disaster in history?
    They seriously appear to have gotten drunk on political spin and forgot that they might have to put their shit into action in future. This is the price of 8 years of partisan nihilism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Uh, russia has resources to be 80 spots higher than they are and they choose not to do it.
    It isn't choice when you don't have the resources dude.... Russia is spending appropriate to its GDP on health care, but that leaves only half has much money as the average OECD country.

USA is in its own category, it spends $1.5 trillion more than it needs per year and ends up at number 30.... that's a whole category of silly all unto itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't help that Trump instructed Fox News to call for Ryan's resignation ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    I can't believe im saying this, but to be fair to Trump.. the Freedom Caucus really is a massive hinderence to the Republicans getting anything done, Im HAPPY about that because I don't want their agenda to go through but the Freedom Caucus's essentially "all or nothing" mindset when it comes to well.... everything makes them next to impossible to negociate with since they'll always just want more and more, and if they don't get 100% of what they want they'll reject anything even if it's 95% of what they want. They've pretty much made the House completely ungovernable and I suspect even WITH A Republican President their gonna try to hold the debt ceiling and government funding hostage AGAIN.

Their pretty much the exact opposite of what good legislators should be.
    And yet it represents the actual ideological position of the Republican Party.

That's the real problem, there's an identity crisis in the Republican Party. They're fundamentally opposed to the basis of the ACA but the political consequences of straight up removing it are too enormous to even consider. So they're put in the position of having to make their own version of it and accept that it's here to stay.

Regardless of what approach they ultimately take, on a fundamental level Obama won and the ACA is here to stay in one form or another. They're having a hard time coming to terms with that. And they should've thought about this when they decided to campaign for 8 years on destroying the thing.

Again,
    You are missing the point.. Russia is spending appropriate to what it can afford, and getting appropriate to what it spends.

The USA is spending WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more than it needs to spend and getting WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY less than it needs.

Russia is in the ballpark, the USA health care system isn't even on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You sure about that, chief?
    100% positive

Why does he care? He said he was moving on.

If that were true they wouldn't rank 130th
    Of course they could.... they've only had 20 years or so of 'freedom' to fix things up.

How long has the US had to get this right ?

The US is in a position where it has literally NO excuses for not taking care of its people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The bold part is true for Trump. The bill sucked and I am not at all surprised it failed. If it had made it to the Senate, I was going to email my senator and urge him to vote against it.
    But still you support repeal and replace with some magical unicorn plan!

When we say the GOP is the party of stupid, this is what we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    100% positive
    Hate to break it to you, but the President can't pass shit without Congress. He has limited veto power, which Congress can in most cases veto right back.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why does he care? He said he was moving on.
    This is a man who is still talking about his inauguration crowd and rigged votes. He's incapable of moving on.

But realistically the political fallout of this is impossible to ignore, and he needs a scapegoat. Looks like it's Ryan.

Good. Good.

The more the republicans fight the less they do. Keep running up the four year timer.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    I find the truth and reality does that ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Trump is actually in a great spot. Ryan however is not.

Ryan was voted in office multiple times on repealing Obamacare, he touted many times that they had a better plan. They didn't, it was a bigly disaster. Ryans days are numbered.

The reason why Trump is in a great spot now is because the healthcare bill failed. Obamacare will explode, under his presidency and by the time it does Dems and Pubs will have to come to the table to renegotiate. This gives Trump all the room in the world to orchestrate a much better deal.

The frosting on the cake per say for Trump is that all these republicans ( Ryan included) who said they would never support Trump, will now have to play ball his way. Trump is literally their lifeline now for a career in politics. This failure essentially squashs republican dissent. It cost Trump nothing, and he gained a lot.
    Trump is going down with Trumpcare.

He went all-in on it, making angry threats to get it passed.

His fake facade of being a master dealmaker has evaporated.

The ACA cannot explode on its own. Enrollments are at 13M virtually unchanged from last year. Prices have stabilized. Subsidies were cleverly designed to fully offset all premium hikes, no matter the size. That's why Trump must sabotage it. His Plan A to kill the sick, Trumpcare, went up in flames. He has exposed himself as a callous wounded loser who gleefully plots Plan B to kill the sick: sabotage the ACA, pull ads, stop enforcing the mandate, pull HHS resources, or worse. Destroying people's healthcare brings Sadist Trump great happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Of course they could.... they've only had 20 years or so of 'freedom' to fix things up.

How long has the US had to get this right ?

The US is in a position where it has literally NO excuses for not taking care of its people.
    Both countries have problems that are hard to compare.

The reason the US healthcare system isn't effective is because of politics. The reason the Russian system isn't is because of corruption and the lack of politics. I'd say Russians have a far harder struggle to overcome if they ever want to get whats best for their people.