Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Looks like a dude just discriminating against people whose political opinions he disagrees with, deeming liberal holding people "whiny snowflakes."

Basically spouting what Republicans want to hear.

I can turn on Alex Jones to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Wasn't it Democrats who started rioting after Trump won? I don't remember riots after Obama won. And liberal safe spaces are a meme for a reason, while conservative ones aren't.

You can't just take shit your side does and say the other side does it...
    You don't remember riots after Obama won? There were riots where the same antifa protesters were there as they were now. And, as far as I recall, I can't remember Obama voters calling the antifa protesters conservative operatives. They were just thugs taking advantage of the chaos to destroy stuff.

There were signs with Obama as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose. Effigies of him were being burned, much like Trump and Bush.

Its almost like we always have protests and riots after major elections.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-26 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I don't remember riots after Obama won.
    Maybe you were too young at the time? There were literally multi-million demonstrations, with people carrying "Say NO to communism" banners. Broken glass and cars, bottles of alcohol covering Washington streets, etc.

Demonstrations/riots are at the essence of any democracy. When people stop protesting against the election results, one should become concerned, because apathetic society is the first sign of a rotting state.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to rain on Kyle Reyes parade, but people lie on those tests. I, lie on those tests. Cause if I really want the job, I'm going to say what I know you wanna hear. Let me give some examples.

What's your stance on America?: The greatest country in the world. The very definition of freedom will show an American flag. It is a land where one can enjoy it's freedom, it's capitalism, it's where businesses and people can prosper.

What's your stance on police?: Without these hero's, there would be no one to enforce law. There should be a holiday to celebrate the death of officers who die in the line of duty, that all of America must celebrate.

What's your stance on guns?: That every American should be required to own one. This great country wouldn't be where it is without the patriotic gun.

See, I totally lied cause I know that's exactly what you want to hear Mr. Reyes. America has a corrupt government that cater to the wealthy, we should remove guns, and the police are trigger happy jocks from high school. Congratulations you just taught people to continue to lie on job applications. Cause honesty is the best policy, AMIRIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Not trying to rain on Kyle Reyes parade, but people lie on those tests. I, lie on those tests. Cause if I really want the job, I'm going to say what I know you wanna hear. Let me give some examples.

What's your stance on America?: The greatest country in the world. The very definition of freedom will show an American flag. It is a land where one can enjoy it's freedom, it's capitalism, it's where businesses and people can prosper.

What's your stance on police?: Without these hero's, there would be no one to enforce law. There should be a holiday to celebrate the death of officers who die in the line of duty, that all of America must celebrate.

What's your stance on guns?: That every American should be required to own one. This great country wouldn't be where it is without the patriotic gun.

See, I totally lied cause I know that's exactly what you want to hear Mr. Reyes. America has a corrupt government that cater to the wealthy, we should remove guns, and the police are trigger happy jocks from high school. Congratulations you just taught people to continue to lie on job applications. Cause honesty is the best policy, AMIRIGHT?
    @Fugus

Case in point. lol

So much edge he should need a weapons permit to carry it all around. These people must be so miserable in life to just get so randomly worked up about some company they never even heard of till someone posted something on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    @Fugus

Case in point. lol

So much edge he should need a weapons permit to carry it all around. These people must be so miserable in life to just get so randomly worked up about some company they never even heard of till someone posted something on MMO-C.
    What you quoted had nothing to do with what I had said. I know people can lie on them and do all the time on tests for jobs. What did that have to do about what I had said?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I see plenty of triggered people on the right.

Plenty.
    Take that number, times it by 100 then you get the amount of people still triggered on the left.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    What you quoted had nothing to do with what I had said. I know people can lie on them and do all the time on tests for jobs. What did that have to do about what I had said?
    No I am just pointing out a poster in context of my original statement. "Why u mad tho?" basically. (not you, him)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Take that number, times it by 100 then you get the amount of people still triggered on the left.
    The world population is not that large.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That would still make "the middle" (if we assume every independent is a centrist, which seems really unlikely) a mere plurality.
    I have a hard time thinking that >78% of each side is on the fringes and not moderate in the slightest.

I'd give it a solid chance that 25% or more of people who identify with a given side are moderates.

No I am just pointing out a poster in context of my original statement. "Why u mad tho?" basically. (not you, him)
    Ah, understood. For me, I know most people will lie through their teeth and give the answers they know they want to hear.

But personally the thought of a political purity test for a job just doesn't seem right, especially if it caught on and you had Walmart, Hardees and many of these other companies headed by politically active people already committing class warfare on the poor and middle class while denying it. Last thing I would want would be people like those following suit and starting to try and use tests like that to weed out any applicants who felt otherwise from their hiring process in a time when the employer already has virtually all the bargaining power already.

To me, it isn't about him personally so much as it is about the precedence he could set.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It sounds like a "do you have the same political alignment as your CEO" quiz...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The problem with personality tests for employment is that they aren't nuanced.

In the OP's example, "is taking something home from work stealing?"

If I have no nuance, yes it is.

If I have work that I can do from home, no it is not as long as I'm authorized to do some work from home and I bring back anything that isn't mine.

That's just one example.

/shrug.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    You contrasted the middle with the left and the right, not extreme ends of either side.
    And you're contrasting "centrist" or "pure middle" with "moderate". You can be a conservative and still be moderate. Just like you can be a liberal and still be moderate.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I mean the person you originally responded to contrasted the middle with the left and the right. You responded, claiming they represent the majority of people, but that would mean the middle to the exclusion of the right and left, which your numbers from the Pew poll would suggest is not the case. I'm not contrasting "centrist" and "moderate," but centrists (ie the middle) with the left and right, as was done in the original claim. You can be conservative and moderate, yes, but that would still put you on the right, just closer to the center than some others.
    Yeah, but in reality, the middle "to the exclusion of the right and left" doesn't exist. No one is perfectly in the middle because perfection in any aspect is impossible. It's quite reasonable to assume that "the middle" includes those that only lean to one side but have inclinations toward the other side.

And the best guess we can get for that generally is asking them, to which we have the numbers I gave earlier. Yeah, sure, plurality is the best we can guarantee, but that's still a majority in terms of support.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think no wanting to hire whiny entitled people is a smart business move, not a snowflake.
    Lets just stop pretending this is anything but a way to weed out people who don't fall in with his political beliefs.

"What is privilege" and "What does America mean" are loaded questions going out of their way to look for people who a) fall in with their beliefs or b) people who don't care enough to go against their beliefs. I can't really say I care to much myself, that idiot projects what he wants to hear so badly that bluffing through it if you really want the job would be a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on the right (I consider myself to be moderate) tend to think that snowflakes are a uniquely left phenomenon, but it's not. The right has their own version of political correctness called patriotic correctness. My boss, for instance, is a card carrying conservative whom I admire and respect greatly, but she got "triggered" one time when we were at a sporting event and I didn't have my hand over my heart "like a patriot" during the National Anthem.

The "test" seems more like a survey used to identify political leanings and beliefs, which can't be used in a hiring decision. People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.
    I agree.
    That is the problem with such a test, is that it is to differentiate those who meet some personal standards are those who do not.
    Ironically acting rather "entitled" themselves in creating such a test.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think no wanting to hire whiny entitled people is a smart business move, not a snowflake.
    And they are going about it the wrong way, and being the very thing they are "trying" to weed out.
    Particularly when it comes to beliefs unrelated in any way to the job amounting to discrimination.

They are trying to create an echo chamber, reinforcing their beliefs through gathering supporting voices and then providing "proof" through demonstrations that "these people here" agree with them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-27 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hahahahahaha!

On a more serious note, personality tests don't really work.
    You'd be surprised how hard it is for the modern nazis, typically referred to as leftists or SJWs, to resist spouting off their cultural indoctrination when questioned lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny, doesn't sound very effective though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just pointing out how badly this test fails. Also, how does a test based on opinion have anything to do with getting a job? Doesn't this breed thought police? Don't agree with my opinion? Then you better find another job.

Gotta wonder if he'll put in the question cake or pie? Just as relevant at getting a job at his company. Oh wait, Sonic or Mario? Xbox or Playstation? PC or Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Ah, understood. For me, I know most people will lie through their teeth and give the answers they know they want to hear.

But personally the thought of a political purity test for a job just doesn't seem right, especially if it caught on and you had Walmart, Hardees and many of these other companies headed by politically active people already committing class warfare on the poor and middle class while denying it. Last thing I would want would be people like those following suit and starting to try and use tests like that to weed out any applicants who felt otherwise from their hiring process in a time when the employer already has virtually all the bargaining power already.

To me, it isn't about him personally so much as it is about the precedence he could set.
    Given how easy it is to lie on this... "test", it could go a bit too far and request access to Facebook and Twitter accounts. Oh wait, some other assholes thought of that and now it's illegal. I can see this turning into a lawsuit, and a new law will be put into place preventing employers from asking irrelevant questions that doesn't pertain to the job.

Also, if he has to create such a filter for job applicants, it means he has way too many people applying for a job at his company. Either the "Silent Partner Marketing" is really popular, or people really need jobs.

BTW, a quick look on their webpage at the about section shows what kind of people we're talking about here.
    http://www.thesilentpartnermarketing.com/about-us
    Family – We are family owned and operated and believe that family and community are among the most important baselines of any organization. We believe in volunteerism and giving back to the community.

Faith – Political correctness be damned. We are who we are and have what we have because of a greater good. We might call that greater good by different names…but faith is an integral part of who we are.

Forward Thinking – We aren’t here to kiss your butt and make you feel good about yourself. We’re here to challenge you. We will call into question what you perceive to be conventional wisdom. We will be candid and uncensored. If something doesn’t work, we’ll tell you and we’ll help you fix it. We aren’t going into business with you to be your friend – we’re going into business with you to help your company explode. The fact that we end up having a beer with you to celebrate the wins we’ll help you bring is simply the icing on the cake.
    Now that I think about it, this "snowflake test" news is starting to seem like a giant advertising scheme. Who knows, maybe they don't have a lot of people applying for their company?