Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    I have no idea what the determination stacks could cap at but if we didn't kick people I'm sure it'd be higher.
    It caps at 10, several brave souls tested it on Archimonde LFR when he had actual mechanics still.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It caps at 10, several brave souls tested it on Archimonde LFR when he had actual mechanics still.
    More than several. A number of groups was purposefully building up stacks from the get go while others actually needed it and still couldnt clear him. After many complaints devs slightly changed how stacks was built to encourage actual attempts along with a heavy nerf to address the need for so many stacks.

The sad thing is there are people who are asking for the return of that hell hole again while claiming to be pro-casual and they are very loud who devs are listening to.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-27 at 02:57 AM.

I just wish Blizzard would put some "training grounds" requirement to join LFR

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Problem is that this raid is tuned very tight across the board and that includes LFR. I would even go as far as to say to even get into the last 3 wings requirements is to low.
    That last wing should have a higher ilevel requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    More than several. A number of groups was purposefully building up stacks from the get go while others actually needed it and still couldnt clear him. After many complaints devs slightly changed how stacks was built to encourage actual attempts along with a heavy nerf to address the need for so many stacks.

The sad thing is there are people who are asking for the return of that hell hole again while claiming to be pro-casual and they are very loud who devs are listening to.
    The reality is Blizzard intends LFR to be "the few carry the many", so they constantly add carrots for overgeared / overskilled people to go back to LFR even though they would otherwise have no business in there (casuals who are so "pro" can probably pug a normal if their schedule prevents joining guilds). Blizz knows it and they deliberately make it so because without that handful of carrying people you would have 50% undergeared / underskilled people and 50% blatant afkers and bosses would never die.

I avoid LFR like a plague but I've heard several stories from my friends who drag their alts through it for set bonuses and whatnot that they witnessed hard enrage on Star Augur LFR (before they added the extra 30 sec, not sure how much that helped) and generally the dps looked like a handful of people actually trying (5 or less) everyone else at 150-50k dps either from slacking, afking, dying on purpose or dying due to not having a clue.

Most mechanics in LFR need to be purely cosmetic effects that do next to no damage, if anything is actually lethal, wipefest inc. Insta kill mechanics like elegon floor or ilgynoth "stayed too long inside eye chamber" (when 1-phase zerg wasn't common yet) are hilarious to see once, but stop being funny when it happens all the goddamn time.

LFR is tourist mode for these kind of tourists who travel somewhere only to sit all the time in hotel bar and actually never bother to do any actual sightseeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    I just wish Blizzard would put some "training grounds" requirement to join LFR
    They put it in WOD for heroic dungeons (but not LFR), see how well that went. Didn't last long in the grand scheme of things. Official forums were full of tears "hurr durr proving ground silver too hard".

They put it in WOD for heroic dungeons (but not LFR), see how well that went. Didn't last long in the grand scheme of things. Official forums were full of tears "hurr durr proving ground silver too hard".
    I hate carrying stupid people, sadly, they're everywhere

The lazyfuckers that get mad when I complain about they not doing anything at all on the fight are the worst, "this is lfr chill m8" and nonsense like that

Why bother playing if they're not really playing at all??

MMO-Champion put silver proving ground numbers shortly after launch to around 86% having completed silver proving grounds. People who complained in official forums got shut down left and right. The ones who kept bitching about it months later was altohalics who did not want to be forced to run it yet again.

The requirement did in my opinion make for a better experience along with heroic dungeons being optional. Still did not keep a small minority bitching about not having access to optional difficulties.

In regards to LFR the devs have said LFR is to be inclusive to even those who cant do silver proving grounds and why they would not apply such a requirement. Early WoD LFR was an example of the difficulty designed with that bottom minority in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Why bother playing if they're not really playing at all??
    Yeah, that's why I said they're like tourists going to a far away location and never sticking a nose out of a hotel, only to buy a postcard and stamp a message on FB "I've been here". If I would pay for a trip to an exotic location, I would go there to experience the "content" (local food, nature, monuments, whatever interesting stuff exists around) and not just sit in a hotel bar and swim in a hotel swimming pool, which I could do in my own town for 1/5 the price probably. But some people do. And I don't get them. But people are different. For them LFR is a cheap souvenir shop they just want to grab stuff from, just for being in the place.

"Tourist mode" means different stuff when you think for some "tourism" is climbing Himalayas while for some others it's lying on a hotel private beach while browsing your smartphone. One is "hardcore" the other is complete opposite.

Well my alt that's a few hours old as 110 would of been kicked lol. Not use to hunter change + being 835, just scraping in to be able to que didn't help. But I would of been too sad about it, but at lest I would be doing what's needed and not tunnel vision boss whole fight

Deleted
    All that should have been solved the other way round: Let's kick top 5 DPS, all the rest would have tried harder!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless bosses don't go down because lacking DPS, then I could see some tuning to take place. Maybe replace the slackers/tunnelers.
    But otherwise than that, LFR isn't the place to get elitist. Just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Unless bosses don't go down because lacking DPS, then I could see some tuning to take place. Maybe replace the slackers/tunnelers.
    But otherwise than that, LFR isn't the place to get elitist. Just no.

no use. dont want high ilvl players go to LFR? remove gears and legendaries drop first so no high ilvl players will go to LFR. fine.

then no alts will go to LFR since it is just too difficult for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    All that should have been solved the other way round: Let's kick top 5 DPS, all the rest would have tried harder!
    i bet you wont do that when your raid wipes at guldan phase 1. you will also kick every dps under 200k dps. stop be keyboard warrior here
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-03-27 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    This whole topic is pointless imo. NO ONE is forced to carry people. You can't do more than 200k dps? Get kicked and get better. It's harsh but if you can kill boss this way, then why not? I'm not talking about about arrogant kicking, like "lets kick all under 200k, because we can" (even tho you must be mentally handicapped to not pull over 200k dps with current ilvl req or just simply afk) but if the group is failing, then why not? It's lfr, its, like somebody mentioned, TOURIST mode, not PROGRESSION. If you manage to kill boss I bet no one will mention those low dps. If not, they are one of the reasons to blame. It's simple as that. No one want to progress bosses, that should be downed on one shot. Especially lfr.

Problem with LFR is that people are slacking and even go AFK or die intentionally just so they can AFK a boss fight.

Some bosses have too much health in LFR so it really shows when 10 DPS players are asleep/dead/wanding...

If the majority of the group wants to kick you then that is their blizzard-given right.

Also if you are slacking so much that it becomes a mystery as to how you are doing so little dps - you deserve that kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    no use. dont want high ilvl players go to LFR? remove gears and legendaries drop first so no high ilvl players will go to LFR. fine.
    then no alts will go to LFR since it is just too difficult for them
    Or how about high ilvl players take their heads out of their ass, and realize some people do LFR for gear, not to maximize their AP/legendary drops.
    LFR isn't the place where you pull off DPS tresholds out of your ass. There's bad DPS, tanks doing shit first time and healers being clueless in LFR - Teach them, don't kick them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Legendary farming Mythic raiders carry the rest, it's the way LFR works this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually kick anybody under 250k dps when I create a 880+ Night Hold pug group for normal. At 880 ilvl I expect anybody to go over 250k dps.

I avoid LFR like a plague but I've heard several stories from my friends who drag their alts through it for set bonuses and whatnot that they witnessed hard enrage on Star Augur LFR (before they added the extra 30 sec, not sure how much that helped) and generally the dps looked like a handful of people actually trying (5 or less) everyone else at 150-50k dps either from slacking, afking, dying on purpose or dying due to not having a clue.
    i think we gotta relink the 50th percetcentile for 835 itlv on every page of this thread so that stupid people stop posting stupid stuff about how everyone should be doin 200k at 835 itlv - i see no other choice to stop this nonsense spreading around.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&itemlevel=835

or even better since gul dan seems to be main culprit

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=835&boss=1866

if blizzard lets in people with X itlv then boss should be tuned for X not for X+20 else its showing how much of retards in their tuning team are.

even at 845 50th percentile only 5 specs do more then 200k on it https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&itemlevel=845 and since people in lfr are more often doin 10-20th percentile - how can you "expect" them to do more then that ? its nothing but a e-pen show off of idiots in this thread
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-27 at 10:52 AM.

If you can't 200k in blues, you're not good.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you nerf Eyes enough that it doesnt trivialize the mechanic, but at the same time, doesnt penalize the group because a bunch of window lickers dont know how to kill adds?

Either they can wipe the raid if you ignore them for too long of they are trivial and groups with actual raiders in them will just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    Next pull you cant even get the first phase down before every idiot dies to beam. *clap clap*