Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Does anyone else think present day Blizzard coasts off past Blizzard's achievements?

Pretty straightforward question. What do you think?

hearthstone and overwatch are both amazing games in their own way and are both recent so no. The gaming crowd in general has changed a lot and its much harder to make them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    hearthstone and overwatch are both amazing games in their own way and are both recent so no. The gaming crowd in general has changed a lot and its much harder to make them happy.
    Hearthstone and Overwatch are not amazing games. The fact that we'd even consider them as such proves how fucking terrible video games are now.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Hearthstone and Overwatch are not amazing games. The fact that we'd even consider them as such proves how fucking terrible video games are now.
    Yeah cause fuck people's opinions, am I doing this right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I thnk OP just wants to have a bitch because Blizzard doen't cater to him anymore. Maybe it would be best if OP just moves along cause he is just looking for a fight.
    See...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and Heroes of the Storm very much were just trying to coast off of blizzards legacy. When they try to do something new it works. Like Overwatch. I'd say Hearthstone as well, since while it did look to capatalize off of wows popularity, it didnt rely on it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    No more so than any other company.

How many copy/paste Madden games is EA up to now?

I think present day Blizzard recognised that StarCraft: Brood War still has a player base and chose to market a product towards them.

The existence of new a new IP and frequent attempts to change WoW, whether well received or not, show that they're not coasting off of their previous success. Otherwise, we'd have seen Vanilla servers long ago.

So your arguement of "blizzard is slacking compared to the usual blizzard standards" is... I don't like the games. Your sample size of 1 vs the millions of people that play them kinda doesn't favor you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even two posts in and you already take an indefensible stance.

You're seriously going to deny Blizzard's accomplishment in making a game that garnered universal acclaim, won multiple GOTY awards, and established huge playerbase of dedicated fans with over 20 million units sold, all right out of the gate despite being a completely new IP?

I have yet to experience a Warcraft moment since Wrathgate that leaves me as much in awe as Warcraft 2 or 3 moments did.

I have yet to see a moment in Starcraft that feels like Starcraft 1 and not like some Firefly episode or over the top space drama (seeing the Starcraft HD trailer labeling SC1 as space opera made me puke).

I am still waiting for a Diablo 2 sequel with a story worth a damn.

Hearthstone coasts off Warcraft and would not get a second glance if it didn't have the Blizzard logo, it's pure rng pay2win.

Overwatch is a joke with no identity. It tries to be everything and fails at everything. Talking monkeys and Metal Gear Solid robotic ninjas and people with magical powers who all kill each other but apparently promote friendship man what the fuck is this children's shit? Reminds me of mists of pandaria, thought nothing can beat that colossal pile of shit.

Mike Morhaime now throws social activist messages at Blizzcon. Metzen is gone, and has been gone in spirit for some time. Every WoW expansion now features massive throwbacks and references to Warcraft 3 and 2, ENDLESSLY. They can't make ANYTHING new that is memorable or that can stand on its own.

I still have this fool's hope that by playing their games I might one day again be blown away by one of their creations, but all I get is more disappointment.

To a point. There was a lot of question into what Blizzard was going to do next to bring new life and interest into the company until Overwatch which has been a great boon for Blizzard. I disagree that HotS was great. It overall has had a lukewarm reception with marketing consisting of play this game for rewards in other games. They targeted Riot who already did to MOBA what Blizzard did to MMORPGs.

I do not think Blizzard needs to keep making new IPs. I hope Blizzard is able to do something to reinvigorate the older three IPs. I also hope Blizzard takes the same care over the health of the community like they are with Overwatch in their other games. There is still a wide divide in level of care.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-27 at 05:39 AM.

D3, Hearthstone, and Overwatch have been printing money so I'm thinking they're coasting on that superhighway of cash.

Love any thread where the OP asks people's their opinion and his response to the first answer is basically *fuck you you're wrong*
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering WoW; I'm really waiting for a rant/leak from the past developers. I doubt there's any developers even playing the game at the moment, and I bet my left nutsack that merging with activision had very large effect on the developement of WoW, in a bad way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Overwatch is a joke with no identity. It tries to be everything and fails at everything. Talking monkeys and Metal Gear Solid robotic ninjas and people with magical powers who all kill each other but apparently promote friendship man what the fuck is this children's shit? Reminds me of mists of pandaria, thought nothing can beat that colossal pile of shit.
    Found you a good game since you feel that way.

Pretty straightforward question. What do you think?
    I think the WoW dev team is.
    Blizzard still makes good games though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    But if exactly identical games had been made by another company, they would not be as popular. Same goes for WoW. If an identical game to Legion was released by someone other than Blizzard, it would flop hard. Blizzard are absolutely coasting on their past achievements. It even became an explicit part of their strategy after the Titan failure, they stated to their investors they would focus on exploiting their existing IPs with simpler and cheaper to produce games.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, since current WoW is a better game than Vanilla ever was. D3 is a great game. Overwatch is good. Hots is good. if anything they are showing they are just as capable as any other point in time for Blizzard.

Now a Company that very much does coast of it's past achievements.

Bioware. I used to love their games now it's company is just full of raging fucktards.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-03-27 at 07:00 AM.

Yawn.

I realize it's a personal trauma for you. But sheesh, get over it.

Also, it's just video games.