@UnifiedDivide You may want to adjust your post a little. I know nothing is technically inappropriate, but the previews are pushing awfully close to the boundary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Surprisingly hyped for this even though I'm still iffy about A-1's character designs, and know that how crappy the story eventually gets.

Hopefully the fights will look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Gundam IBO 49 - Christ, watching this is just depressing now. I was really hoping Rustal would die after all of this but now it seems unlikely. I'm not entirely sure if anything can even happen at this point besides Mikazuki and the rest dying.
    Yeah, this is getting pretty brutal at the end. I expected it to get darker as things began to turn, but I didn't actually expect everything to fail. I thought maybe Tekkadan would die and McGillis would win, or maybe that McGillis would lose but Tekkadan would get away. Or even that maybe Tekkadan would survive and McGillis would succeed and it would twist into a happy ending, although with many casualties.

I find myself supremely surprised, though. Usually I feel the endings are predictable and I can begin to write reviews several episodes in advance, but I am beginning to think I was a little hasty in this judgement. The end may inform the rest of the series far more than I anticipated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Looks pretty hot. Character designs are always good in Fate. I hope the writing isn't hot garbage this time around.

RIP
    The big issue with this one is that the silver-haired guy in the pv essentially becomes the most central character by around halfway through, and he's very much a generic LN protagonist in nearly all respects. I imagine most will complain about him like they do Shirou, though he won't be as aggravating since he doesn't have the hero of justice thing.

Granted I've only read the first two volumes of the LN. But overall this one is more battle-oriented than Fate/Zero or Stay Night. It'll probably be fun to watch, but the story isn't anything special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to know which anime I need to watch from this season. I watched Fuuka and enjoyed it a decent amount. I also watched Masamune's Revenge and enjoyed it until the last episode which unless there is a S2 planned was extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Need to know which anime I need to watch from this season. I watched Fuuka and enjoyed it a decent amount. I also watched Masamune's Revenge and enjoyed it until the last episode which unless there is a S2 planned was extremely disappointing.
    Read Fuuka manga.

As for anime: Kuzu no Honkai and Seiren are what you are looking for from this season if you're into high school romance anime. Gabriel Dropout really great comedy as is Akiba's trip. Youjo Senki I recommend checking out. There are more but those are what I'd recommend checking out for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Is he better than Shitrou?
    It really depends on what you mean by 'better'. Like I said, he won't be as frustrating as he doesn't have any deluded idealism, but iirc his entire character is mostly bland. The real reason he is kind of shitty is because he turns Fate/Apocrypha from a dynamic battle royale between multiple factions into a sort of generic hero-villain story with him as the protagonist, which is kind of similar to Shirou, at least for the people who watched Zero first and expected Stay Night to be the same type of thing.

Also if you like Jeanne, you're probably gonna dislike him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umineko Chapter 05

Spoiler: 
    This chapter felt shorter. I'm not sure if the amount of text was actually smaller or if it just feels that way because the game ended early.

Battler being the baby was obvious, considering the parent reveal last chapter. The person on the phone even had the same voice actor. That said, it seemed so obvious that I had expected it to be a misdirection. Despite it being 'revealed' I'm not entirely sure if it's the truth; Battler being the culprit, at the very least, is doubtful.

With the theory Battler proposed, I guess the kids and Rosa could have actually left the guest room during that hour Erika wasn't watching, and then got murdered afterwards? Honestly, the body issue is so bizarre to me. Battler's observation was a lie, but everyone else saw the bodies too... so the entire scene we saw was a lie? The bodies weren't actually there, and they just saw some blood spattered bedsheets (or maybe just empty beds)? It's kind of confusing to think about. Honestly my assumption had been the kids/Rosa killed each other (this was never denied, only that they didn't commit suicide), but I guess if the bodies weren't actually there, everyone could have been rounded up and killed afterwards.

Which sort of makes everything else confusing, too. For the knock on the door/letter issue, maybe there was no knock or letter at all. I don't think there was any red text that stated there was, just stuff like "they wouldn't mistake a knocking sound", not "there was a knocking sound". As for Hideyoshi, I'm guessing he did not actually see his killer, since the stake was in his back. But who knows how it actually happened. I mean theoretically Natsuhi's observation could be a lie and maybe Hideyoshi got stabbed before he entered the room or some shit.

As for Beatrice, I feel like I had a solid understanding of her. I'm guessing 'Beatrice the Witch' is just a delusion which has been molded to suit everyone's needs. For Natsuhi, Beatrice was someone who protected and believed in her. For Shannon, Beatrice was a kind witch who helped her be with George. For Kanon, Beatrice was a personification of the 'temptations' luring Shannon (and himself) away from believing they were furniture. And I assume Battler, since he couldn't explain the murders, created 'Beatrice' to act as a temporary culprit to help him reach the truth.

The real Beatrice died a long time ago, but her name is still 'abused' by everyone, in a sense. At the end of the chapter Battler realized the games weren't actually torture for him, but torture for Beatrice... I think that's because it's like her name is being sullied, and she can't fully rest in peace because everyone keeps using her as a scapegoat. She genuinely has nothing to do with anything that is going on.

But then there's still the 'promise' from six years ago that Battler doesn't remember... I don't know what that's supposed to be about. Maybe he promised he'd make everyone on the island forget about her... or something? I don't know. My interpretation is probably wrong, but I must be close at least a little bit.

Anyway, as much as I want to try and find the truth about everything, the further I get the harder it becomes. Whenever I try to think about the past chapters I keep getting details mixed up; I don't remember what was confirmed for each game and what wasn't. I wish they would save all the red texts in the tips section for each chapter, it would make things easier.

I didn't really like this chapter that much, to be honest. It was pretty good at times (I liked the trial scene) but even with the ending it just sort of felt unsatisfying. The way the arguments were formed kind of gave me a headache, especially with the Knox stuff and the overuse of red/blue text. It was a bit convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    kobayashi and konosuba s2

garo divine flame was a good movie.
    although a little confused about what happens at the end. is the last monster supposed to be sarah+dario or jiruba? I don't quite get why jiruba breaks beforehand if she's not supposed to be the monster but they keep talking like it's dario and sarah. I was thinking it would be German but he protects them from the attack. and then they give jiruba back to the kid? also leon loses his arm for like 10 seconds of film but that ends up being not consequential, just odd that it happens and they don't really show it?

kiniro mosaic pretty days
    Spoiler: 

stuff like this makes me wish I had friends

http://www.animemaru.com/why-arent-t...olis-in-anime/
    Last edited by bals; 2017-03-27 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Umineko Chapter 05

Spoiler: 
    This chapter felt shorter. I'm not sure if the amount of text was actually smaller or if it just feels that way because the game ended early.

Battler being the baby was obvious, considering the parent reveal last chapter. The person on the phone even had the same voice actor. That said, it seemed so obvious that I had expected it to be a misdirection. Despite it being 'revealed' I'm not entirely sure if it's the truth; Battler being the culprit, at the very least, is doubtful.

With the theory Battler proposed, I guess the kids and Rosa could have actually left the guest room during that hour Erika wasn't watching, and then got murdered afterwards? Honestly, the body issue is so bizarre to me. Battler's observation was a lie, but everyone else saw the bodies too... so the entire scene we saw was a lie? The bodies weren't actually there, and they just saw some blood spattered bedsheets (or maybe just empty beds)? It's kind of confusing to think about. Honestly my assumption had been the kids/Rosa killed each other (this was never denied, only that they didn't commit suicide), but I guess if the bodies weren't actually there, everyone could have been rounded up and killed afterwards.

Which sort of makes everything else confusing, too. For the knock on the door/letter issue, maybe there was no knock or letter at all. I don't think there was any red text that stated there was, just stuff like "they wouldn't mistake a knocking sound", not "there was a knocking sound". As for Hideyoshi, I'm guessing he did not actually see his killer, since the stake was in his back. But who knows how it actually happened. I mean theoretically Natsuhi's observation could be a lie and maybe Hideyoshi got stabbed before he entered the room or some shit.

As for Beatrice, I feel like I had a solid understanding of her. I'm guessing 'Beatrice the Witch' is just a delusion which has been molded to suit everyone's needs. For Natsuhi, Beatrice was someone who protected and believed in her. For Shannon, Beatrice was a kind witch who helped her be with George. For Kanon, Beatrice was a personification of the 'temptations' luring Shannon (and himself) away from believing they were furniture. And I assume Battler, since he couldn't explain the murders, created 'Beatrice' to act as a temporary culprit to help him reach the truth.

The real Beatrice died a long time ago, but her name is still 'abused' by everyone, in a sense. At the end of the chapter Battler realized the games weren't actually torture for him, but torture for Beatrice... I think that's because it's like her name is being sullied, and she can't fully rest in peace because everyone keeps using her as a scapegoat. She genuinely has nothing to do with anything that is going on.

But then there's still the 'promise' from six years ago that Battler doesn't remember... I don't know what that's supposed to be about. Maybe he promised he'd make everyone on the island forget about her... or something? I don't know. My interpretation is probably wrong, but I must be close at least a little bit.

Anyway, as much as I want to try and find the truth about everything, the further I get the harder it becomes. Whenever I try to think about the past chapters I keep getting details mixed up; I don't remember what was confirmed for each game and what wasn't. I wish they would save all the red texts in the tips section for each chapter, it would make things easier.

I didn't really like this chapter that much, to be honest. It was pretty good at times (I liked the trial scene) but even with the ending it just sort of felt unsatisfying. The way the arguments were formed kind of gave me a headache, especially with the Knox stuff and the overuse of red/blue text. It was a bit convoluted.
    Spoiler: 
    The fifth chapter probably has the most red out of all the chapters (read: most nonsense). Like seriously, Ryukishi went really overboard there indeed. The fun part is that the red isn't even that useful, what matters the most isn't necessarily what is said in red but what is not said in red. Red is obviously important too since any solution has to comply to the red but it acts more as an test or the frames for the solution. That's probably what I disliked in 5 too.

Back when I read it, I was starting to really really get fed up with them introducing new characters every episode. I do like Erika much more than I did back then but I still feel like her character is more or less pointless. She could've easily been something like "Dark Ange" or something.

The finale I found pretty hype though, despite the overuse of blue/red I just enjoyed the hype train that the big finale was. It also introduced the golden truth which I at the same time found to be a bit of a cop out but also pretty darn hype.

As for your interpretation of Beatrice: I guess if you'd go with that, you could also say that for Maria Beatrice is someone who can make her happy, make Rosa happy, and make her and Rosa get along. I suppose the most important part in it for Maria would be the fact that she's an incredible witch who can cast amazing magic that can make even her happy. ;_;

Actually, that's not far from my own interpretation of magic in Umineko. I guess I'll stop here to avoid accidentally spoiling as usual.

ReLIFE 172 - thank god that arc is finally over. Extremely stretched out and not all that interesting.

Chi no Wadachi 3: I'm getting creeps from this manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Chi no Wadachi 3: I'm getting creeps from this manga.
    Yeah, I'm really eager to see where Oshimi is going with this manga. It definitely has a vibe. I like it so far but nothing has really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Yeah, I'm really eager to see where Oshimi is going with this manga. It definitely has a vibe. I like it so far but nothing has really happened.
    It's just 3 chapters so far so it's not a big surprise. The mom might be a complete psycho. It's really hard to tell where this'll go so early but we did see massive hints from the very first chapters in Boku wa Mari.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    It's just 3 chapters so far so it's not a big surprise. The mom might be a complete psycho. It's really hard to tell where this'll go so early but we did see massive hints from the very first chapters in Boku wa Mari.
    Yeah, the spoilered part is why I'm interested because there are some really deliberately composed frames and there's definitely an air of fucky-ness.

Also, Gagaga put up a release date for Yahari volume 12 about a month ago now, but still no preorder listing on amazon.jp. Delay inc

Watched Tamako Love Story tonight - I left this to watch it later after I finished Tamako Market and since Aset watched it recently I thought it was about time to get around to it.

This obviously looked great because it's KyoAni but the soundtrack was also pretty good. Much like the anime this was just very very cute and comfy. Thoroughly enjoyable.

8/10
    I rated it 10 but that probably shouldn't be a surprise considering how I received Market.
    I went a little overboard with my screencapping. Tamako love story
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-03-27 at 10:05 PM.

The flashbacks with Tamako's mother were so nice. My heart melted.
    Tamako:
    Spoiler: 
    Her mom seemed really cute. So much like Tamako. This really hit me hard though. Mochizo really based for cheering up Tamako when her mom died and for being there for her when the granddad was hospitalised

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd given the show a 7 after watching it airing, but fuck me the movie was so good I had to give it a 9.

I think I gave the show an 8 and the movie a 9. Love Story was so fucking good.