Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to God this will be good, though there seems to be so much stuff crammed in there. We have some variation of the origin/personal stories of The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman, Batman uniting the League, Parademon invasion, and the conflict between Cyborg and The Flash. Like I said, I hope it'll be good, but I don't know about having all those aspects with Zack Snyder's track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post

Looks like crap!!!

And this is why Jason is awesome. Fuck up? Fuck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Henry Cavill is so slick in interviews. He may well be a fine actor, I don't blame him for what those films did to Superman.

It's the Anakin question all over again. In either case though, I thought his role/acting was bad enough that it was the worst part of the movies. MoS and BvS, Superman was just awful, though I guess Lex was worse. Lois was meh, certainly not an engaging character for me. In BvS, Batman and Wonderwoman was good, so hopefully removing the bad and adding some new stuff should work. Aquaman seems fun, Cyborg I've not seen enough of yet to judge, Flash should be decent, but I'm used to TV Flash and the few scenes so far remind me of Spiderman.

Regarding the "Bat voice"... rather than doing the Bale voice or using a voice modifier, Batman could just do what Michael Keaton's version did: act like a complete space cadet when he's Bruce Wayne and adopt a totally different persona for Batman, and rarely speak.
    Keaton did a great job with it, indeed. Looking at this as an older batman, it makes sense to just have a voice modifier, so I don't think it detracts, but there are plenty of ways they could have handled it.

Probably not, but even being on the Bay spectrum is a terrible indictment of what should be a great series of films.
    I think folks are just too invested in stuff and need to make these broad generalizations. It's like no one is capable of just good old apathy anymore. BvS was bad, gotcha, SS (haven't seen it yet) was bad, okie dokie. Then don't get invested in stuff like this before hand. It's like book vs movie arguements or which song is better, the original or the cover...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think folks are just too invested in stuff and need to make these broad generalizations. It's like no one is capable of just good old apathy anymore. BvS was bad, gotcha, SS (haven't seen it yet) was bad, okie dokie. Then don't get invested in stuff like this before hand. It's like book vs movie arguements or which song is better, the original or the cover...
    Personally I felt like watching BvS in the theatre was like torture, I went with my wife so we experienced it together, leaving the theatre was like we'd just been through a war together. MoS was a crappy movie but at the end I didn't really feel malice towards it, it was just a giant lousy nothing.

Suicide Squad was a complete mess of a movie, but honestly it was nowhere near as bad as either of those. At least it was trying to have some fun, and it had moments that entertained me. Despite the overall feeling of someone putting the movie through a blender in editing, and many terrible parts. I have some forgiveness for Suicide Squad, none for BvS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I have some forgiveness for Suicide Squad, none for BvS.
    I have no idea how anyone can even say this. Suicide Squad better then (Ultimate) BvS? Oh come on. Suicide Squad should be erased from everyone's memory altogether.
    The movie had absolutely nothing. The story sucked, the actors in 95% of cases sucked, the plot was hilarious, the editing has to be the worst shit anyone could think of.

BvS may be far from perfect, but at least it has redeeming qualities.

The problem is people were invested in these characters long before Zack Snyder got his grubby mitts on them. So many of us already have attachments to these characters...whether it be from the comics, TV series, and/or, previous films. It's not like we can just flip a switch and turn these attachments off.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the Anakin question all over again. In either case though, I thought his role/acting was bad enough that it was the worst part of the movies. MoS and BvS, Superman was just awful, though I guess Lex was worse. Lois was meh, certainly not an engaging character for me.
    My general rule of thumb is this:

If a movie has a bad performance from a single actor.... blame the actor
    If a movie has bad performances from multiple actors... blame the director.

I haven't seen Cavill in much so I can't really say if he's capable of better...but Eisenberg and Adams are both way better than what we've seen from them in the DCEU.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do their Cyborg effects look worse than those in The Terminator (1984), Robocop (1987) and Terminator 2 (1991)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I have no idea how anyone can even say this. Suicide Squad better then (Ultimate) BvS? Oh come on. Suicide Squad should be erased from everyone's memory altogether.
    The difference was, Suicide Squad was bad because of Jared Leto, cut out all his scenes and you have an average film which is still entertaining in parts. BvS was bad because of terrible writing and directing.

When SS ended I felt it could have been a lot better but wasn't that fussed, when BvS ended I actually felt angry that the terrible writers/directors could have screwed it up so badly. The ending was so bad it beggared belief.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Why do their Cyborg effects look worse than those in The Terminator (1984), Robocop (1987) and Terminator 2 (1991)?

- - - Updated - - -

The difference was, Suicide Squad was bad because of Jared Leto, cut out all his scenes and you have an average film which is still entertaining in parts. BvS was bad because of terrible writing and directing.

When SS ended I felt it could have been a lot better but wasn't that fussed, when BvS ended I actually felt angry that the terrible writers/directors could have screwed it up so badly. The ending was so bad it beggared belief.
    But the ending of BvS was just a classic highly praised comicbook ending with switched sides because of Doomsday.
    My problem with BvS was just a young Lex that watched tomuch dark knight, tomuch screentime for Louise and the waste of Doomday.

No Superman, dropped!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But the ending of BvS was just a classic highly praised comicbook ending
    Noooo nonono, it was a parody of a classic highly praised comicbook ending, which due to the terrible writing made no sense, felt forced and was basically shit.

------

The funniest thing about the Suicide Squad and BvS films, is that the animated movies Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014) and Superman: Doomsday (2007) managed to tell the same/similar stories much much much better, while (despite being animated movies) not actually doing anything that couldn't have been done by the live action films.
    Last edited by caervek; 2017-03-27 at 09:03 AM.

Probably because the effects are not finished yet. He does look like a bad photoshop right now though...i will give you that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Noooo nonono, it was a parody of a classic highly praised comicbook ending, which due to the terrible writing made no sense, felt forced and was basically shit.
    And what makes no sense ?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    And what makes no sense ?
    Give the spear that will kill doomsday to the only superhero who will be significantly weakened by it and get himself killed in the process.

It was stupid writing, it felt forced (a death of superman has no value if it's treated purely as a plot device for a future film and is caused by his own stupidity), and it failed miserably to match his "deaths" against Doomsday in the comics and animated series/films.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Jared Leto was that they actually DID cut out 90% of his scenes and he became absolutely useless in the entire film. And you find the ending of BvS stupid plotwise, but tehre's nothing wrong with SS? Hahahahahahaha.

The entire plot of Suicide Squad could have been dealt with far easier and more effective WITHOUT actually having to use a Suicide Squad. Squad being kinda relative anyway, since it's just 2 people and 4 or 5 others no one cares about, not even the damn movie.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    you find the ending of BvS stupid plotwise, but tehre's nothing wrong with SS? Hahahahahahaha.
    Careful with that straw, it is flammable.

(it's actually funnier because you're quoting the post you're trying to misrepresent XD).

Give the spear that will kill doomsday to the only superhero who will be significantly weakened by it and get himself killed in the process.

It was stupid writing, it felt forced (a death of superman has no value if it's treated purely as a plot device for a future film and is caused by his own stupidity), and it failed miserably to match his "deaths" against Doomsday in the comics and animated series/films.
    Its not the first time that Superman kills with Kryptonite, red or green in all cases he stayed unhamred from it.
    Actually its the first time you see that its taking effekt on him.
    Also Impaling each other looks way better then slam each other into the ground and then die after the last words.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the only thing that made the movie bearable was Leto, right? Well other than Margot Robbie and Will Smith.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2017-03-27 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You mean the only thing that made the movie bearable was Leto, right? Well other than Margot Robbie and Will Smith.
    Leto is tied with Jack Nicholson as my favorite Joker, i loved the look and the way he was portrayed. They did a good job portraying the Joker/Harley relationship, the plot (stop the 2 magic people) to SS was dumb i liked the back story scenes and their interactions thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm hoping it's just a work in progress. My issue is with them even showing something that looks like that. If it's not finished it shouldn't be in a trailer, period.
    It happens a lot with trailers...especially these early ones. There'll probably be a couple more released closer to the release date that will have more finished versions of Cyborg...until then we can only hope that he ends up looking a lot better by the time the movie is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The problem is people were invested in these characters long before Zack Snyder got his grubby mitts on them. So many of us already have attachments to these characters...whether it be from the comics, TV series, and/or, previous films. It's not like we can just flip a switch and turn these attachments off.
    Sure you can, flip the switch and view the movie for what it is rather than what it could have been.

My general rule of thumb is this:

If a movie has a bad performance from a single actor.... blame the actor
    If a movie has bad performances from multiple actors... blame the director.
    My rule of life is "There is enough wrong to go around". Cavill did a bad job, the director did a bad job, everything in tone was off.

I haven't seen Cavill in much so I can't really say if he's capable of better...but Eisenberg and Adams are both way better than what we've seen from them in the DCEU.
    I'm not really an Eisenberg fan, but the performance seemed like typical him. It was completely wrong for Lex Luthor and the movie, so they shouldn't have cast him I'd think.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."