Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You forgot to blame Hilary.
    Feel free to blame Hillary for me. She deserves w/e blame you can shower on her.

So he wants to keep a little black book of disloyal Congressmen? I guess it'll go with Trump's other little black book.

Some years ago, Mr Trump invited me to lunch for a one-to-one meeting at his apartment in Manhattan. We had not met before and I accepted. Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help. He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people.

He didn’t speak about anything else and I found it very bizarre. I told him I didn’t think it was the best way of spending his life. I said it was going to eat him up, and do more damage to him than them. There must be more constructive ways to spend the rest of your life. (Hopefully my advice didn’t lead to him running for President!)
    https://www.virgin.com/richard-brans...g-donald-trump

One member at the meeting reportedly replied: "You know, the last time someone ordered me to [do] something, I was 18 years old. And it was my daddy. And I didn't listen to him, either."
    I don't know who said this, or even if it was said at all. But if it was, I like this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Feel free to blame Hillary for me. She deserves w/e blame you can shower on her.
    I'm sure if you keep throwing blame at her for another thousand years, you might actually make some of it stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So he wants to keep a little black book of disloyal Congressmen? I guess it'll go with Trump's other little black book.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-brans...g-donald-trump

I don't know who said this, or even if it was said at all. But if it was, I like this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure if you keep throwing blame at her for another thousand years, you might actually make some of it stick.
    I wasn't the one who brought her name into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Let’s dispel with this fiction that Steve Bannon doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I doubt that as Bannon is ultra intelligent.
    Mmmm, yeah. No.

People often mistake being a slimy snake for intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't the one who brought her name into this thread.
    I wasn't actually.

Mmmm, yeah. No.

People often mistake being a slimy snake for intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't actually.
    I edited out that you were after I checked. The fact remains I didn't bring her up in the first place. I'm not a republican either. Just someone who knows how slimy she and her husband are. You don't have to see the world through blue or red political goggles.

I edited out that you were after I checked. The fact remains I didn't bring her up in the first place. I'm not a republican either. Just someone who knows how slimy she and her husband are. You don't have to see the world through blue or red political goggles.
    You do? You should really take that evidence you've gathered to the authorities, they've investigated her up hill and down dale and come up with nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If Hilary is slimy, what exactly is Trump?
    Why do you assume because I call Hillary slimy that I couldn't possibly think the same of Trump? He is slimy in his own way. I just personally feel Hillary and Bill took it much further due to a life spent in politics and doing very shady things that I'm not going to go into right now.

- - - Updated - - -

You do? You should really take that evidence you've gathered to the authorities, they've investigated her up hill and down dale and come up with nada.
    Not all sliminess is technically against the law. Especially when being done by presidents and governors who see themselves as above the law or know how to get rid of those who might incriminate them. If you want to think of Hillary as some innocent little angel who is just the victim of a vast right wing conspiracy(as she used to put it) then by all means do so. It matters not to me.

Not all sliminess is technically against the law. Especially when being done by presidents and governors who see themselves as above the law or know how to get rid of those who might incriminate them. If you want to think of Hillary as some innocent little angel who is just the victim of a vast right wing conspiracy(as she used to put it) then by all means do so. It matters not to me.
    I don't care about Hillary one way or the other, I just don't like being bullshitted.

I don't care about Hillary one way or the other, I just don't like being bullshitted.
    ok.. I don't particularly care what you believe or don't like either though so believe w/e you want to about any of this.

So is the rest of America, considering they never really do anything.
    Last edited by digitalskill987; 2017-03-27 at 06:09 AM.

Why do you assume because I call Hillary slimy that I couldn't possibly think the same of Trump? He is slimy in his own way. I just personally feel Hillary and Bill took it much further due to a life spent in politics and doing very shady things that I'm not going to go into right now.
    While I cannot defend Hillary, I love this rational used by the other side. Hillary is slime for her political career but Trump gets a pass as a private citizen. This was somehow used through the whole campaign.

Like you I will not get into details, namely I'm typing from my phone. Every shady deal or act was dismissed since he was a private citizens. Also the fact that an actual advantage of an elected official is you can judge them on their record.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump seems to do well with his performative utterances. Together with his Chief Demolisher Bannon on his side he will run a fictive country named Trumpania where the lines between "I will" and "I did" are beginning to blur and reality is based on belief rather than existence.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-03-27 at 11:20 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

There was this Trump supporter ( a woman in Virginia) who didn't blame Trump for debacle (she blamed democrats and congress) and she liked this "Trumpcare". Now you see why his "followers" believe he is doing bigly things.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/14787/...ks-joseph-curl

One would hope that Bannon's influence would be kept to a minimum in these kinds of important discussions, but if sources are correct, he's a leading figure. It's fine to have a failed bill, that's something that can be revisited, examined, learned from, improved upon. But if Trump has an open ear to Bannon's suggestion on a "list" of opposition, or that he has a "with us or against us" frame of mind, it well and truly could be disastrous for the president.

Now's the time to pull back from an adversarial stance against Republicans and more towards a cooperative one.
    Good grief mage21... you do not get it do you. Donald Trump is a Republican in name only. And he is certainly no conservative.

And Steve Bannon? By his own mouth, Trump's chief strategist wants to BLOW UP the Republican Party as we know it and replace it with a Nationalist, nativist party in his image.

You're committing the classic mistake made with demagogues. Smart people... people who figure themselves to be smart... always think they a control the demagogue. In reality the demagogue invariably manages to control them. That Steve Bannon would do this is surprising to NOBODY who has been paying attention the past 7 months. And it will not be the last time.

It is _your_ failure_ that you Conservatives in Name Only allowed yourselves to be put in this *shocking* position because you would rather make a deal with the devil to avoid difficult decisions. No. To paraphrase one poster here when you make a deal with the devil, he tends to collect in installment plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way, Trump attacking the Club for Growth and the Heritage Foundation (namely its quasi-offshoot Heritage Action)? That's pure insanity.

The level to which he just fucked himself on that alone is hard to understate. I'm just going to point out 2 things.

-> This is the opening salvo of the Republican Civil War. Hey look, I was right.
    -> When Trump is impeached, he would need things like CoG and HA to run interference for him. Guess what... they'll likely be pulling for his removal too now.

His is a political failure, and people like you, mage21, have enabled him.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-03-27 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is the opening salvo of the Republican Civil War. Hey look, I was right.
    How many interest groups inside the GOP are in conflict with one another and how big is their respective share of power ? As an outsider, it is difficult to spot, who might take the reins and eventually lead the pack.

Doesn't know how Congress works, guess he's a typical American?

Even British tradition countries (IE, where parmentary discipline is much stricter than in the Congress-for all it' flaws, the US system actually let local interests-or pork barreling trumps (ZING) discipline), being talked down like way by not a party member would be unthinkable.

(And in Canada/UK, there is someone specifically to enforce discpline-the whip. Litteraly. )

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Good grief mage21... you do not get it do you. Donald Trump is a Republican in name only. And he is certainly no conservative.

And Steve Bannon? By his own mouth, Trump's chief strategist wants to BLOW UP the Republican Party as we know it and replace it with a Nationalist, nativist party in his image.

You're committing the classic mistake made with demagogues. Smart people... people who figure themselves to be smart... always think they a control the demagogue. In reality the demagogue invariably manages to control them. That Steve Bannon would do this is surprising to NOBODY who has been paying attention the past 7 months. And it will not be the last time.

It is _your_ failure_ that you Conservatives in Name Only allowed yourselves to be put in this *shocking* position because you would rather make a deal with the devil to avoid difficult decisions. No. To paraphrase one poster here when you make a deal with the devil, he tends to collect in installment plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way, Trump attacking the Club for Growth and the Heritage Foundation (namely its quasi-offshoot Heritage Action)? That's pure insanity.

The level to which he just fucked himself on that alone is hard to understate. I'm just going to point out 2 things.

-> This is the opening salvo of the Republican Civil War. Hey look, I was right.
    -> When Trump is impeached, he would need things like CoG and HA to run interference for him. Guess what... they'll likely be pulling for his removal too now.

His is a political failure, and people like you, mage21, have enabled him.
    Yes, I betrayed conservatism by not voting for Hillary, I've heard it before I'm well aware of how much of aRepublican Trump isn't, also, by the way.

Trump's terrible political maneuvering is one thing; you talk like people are being dragged off to the gulag.

I made the decision I thought was best at the time, Hillary or Trump. No matter what happens, I'm not going to have any regret. This is what we all do, make the decision we think is best at the time. And between the pro-conservative movements from Trump, as well as the blunders, there's nothing in front of us to clutch our pearls over.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-03-27 at 01:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    In fairness, the last 4 words of the title is unnecessary. Bannon is clueless about most everything. Popularity does not equal intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I doubt that as Bannon is ultra intelligent.
    DM: You see a score of high-level Representatives. (Rolls.)
    Bannon: Are they on my side?
    DM: They're neutral, neither hostile nor friendly.
    Bannon: I cast Command on the Representatives!
    DM: That's stupid. They're high enough level to be immune. Why would you do that?
    Bannon: I rolled an 18 intelligence, so anything I do is automatically smart! I Command the Representatives to obey me!
    DM: The spell fails. They laugh at you.
    Bannon: I tell the party we need to make a list of our enemies.
    Impeach the MF.