10+ Year Old Account
    Liara and Grunt are still potentially alive.

That thought came up after while I was scrolling through the codex. Forgot that Asari and Krogen can live forever and a day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fuck Architects. I just drop the difficulty few notches when fighting them. Long multiphase fight is already arduous, but then the fuckers spawn batallions of adds too >_>
    To be honest, I don't know if it's because I play on Normal but I took less damage in an entire Architect fight (I fought two of them for the moment) compare to your random quick fight against 5-6 mobs. They just don't do much in terms of abilities and quickness. The game also showers you with health and ammo box during those fights...

I would rather fight Architects than those hovering Kett dudes. Balance wise Kett seem too mobile for how tanky and high DPS they are. Lore wise they are interested in the traits of the milky way races including mobility. Just odd to fight humans and nuke a squad with two actions on hardcore. Admittedly with some luck.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-27 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if it's because I play on Normal but I took less damage in an entire Architect fight (I fought two of them for the moment) compare to your random quick fight against 5-6 mobs. They just don't do much in terms of abilities and quickness. The game also showers you with health and ammo box during those fights...
    It's the same on hardcore. Just stay in cover and quick dash the giant orbs and you'll kill them without taking any damage.

E: Nvm. Mistook Architect for Ascendant. The only thing annoying about architects is getting stuck in terrain in the middle of a field of grenades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh id have liked some more boss monster variety in these Ascendants. Fought half a dozen of them in the game so far, and every one was an identical fight on a mechanical level, just deal with the adds while ignoring orb guy, burn down his orb, then him, and repeat if adds spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Tbh id have liked some more boss monster variety in these Ascendants. Fought half a dozen of them in the game so far, and every one was an identical fight on a mechanical level, just deal with the adds while ignoring orb guy, burn down his orb, then him, and repeat if adds spawn.
    The architects are pretty much the same. The only thing that changes is the terrain or your arena for that matter. Everything else stays the same - shoot leg, shoot face, kill adds, shoot leg, "chase" it 3 meters, repeat until 3 legs are down, then shoot only face & adds, press E. The dragons in dragon age were a lot more diverse than that, at least the different kinds.

In general, and this is probably my bigest complaint after saving being constantly broken and other technical issues, the game is so heavily copying (or sharing) the systems of DA:I and that is okay; But for fuck's sake, why, oh why did they not apply a single lesson that they should have learned form DA:I here? The menu, the pacing, the ardously long cutscenes when getting from place to place. Why can't I do fucking strike team missions from my omnitool? Why can't I check my fucking emails from my omni tool? Why can't I get a save call via my omni tool? I have a chip in my head for quantum communication, I'm sure they can do the same in my fucking omni tool. All the these pointless time sicks to end one plot string with 3 sentences but 5 minute of non-gameplay to get there, it's infuriating, especially after Kadara when the game drowns you in a huge batch of side objectives all over the fucking cluster.

Btw, how does that save trick work? The one with changing active missions, because that has never worked for me..

Edit: Also what pisses me off is that when talking to Cora or other people that make a big issue out of biotics, me being a biotic as well gets never adressed in any way. I even started out as one before all the pathfinder business. I can also never use it during "cutscenes" and my character would rather pull out a shitty pistol than to hurl the fool into a wall. Same for technical stuff, my supposed knowledge never makes it into dialogue, which is like regressing from an RPG staple of the last 20 years for no reason other than lazieness I guess..
    I know I'm repeating myself here, but damn why didn't they take some of the good things from DA:I as well? <_<

/66_hour_mark_rant_over
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-27 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The loading times are very inconsistent. Most of the time, it takes me just around 40 seconds between launching the game and having my save loaded. But sometimes, for some reason, it takes 3-5 minutes. I have a fast SSD, and I don't think I've had this problem anywhere else. Perhaps there are mini-patches coming out sometimes, and they are being downloaded at the expense of performance or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Btw, how does that save trick work? The one with changing active missions, because that has never worked for me..
    I think they patched it recently. It doesn't work any more for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think they patched it recently. It doesn't work any more for me either.
    Bunch of pricks.. ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bunch of pricks.. ><
    it´s still working but not so often. how should i desrcibe it... you can´t save everywhere, like ruins or caves. so it´s attached to a certain place/area where you can switch mission and save your status.

yep the saving in ME:A is beyond terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they decided to take a save system that has worked in most games for ~25 years and in all past Bioware games, and restrict it in some mysterious way no one can figure out. I understand the attempt to try something new, but the save system really is not the part to try it on. :/

---

Played a bit of multiplayer. Either the difficulty is much tougher now, or I happened to get really bad teams, but even on Bronze we failed every single mission miserably. Krogan Mercenary seems pretty strong, but he definitely needs better weapons than the starting ones; Katana shotgun doesn't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Played a bit of multiplayer. Either the difficulty is much tougher now, or I happened to get really bad teams, but even on Bronze we failed every single mission miserably. Krogan Mercenary seems pretty strong, but he definitely needs better weapons than the starting ones; Katana shotgun doesn't cut it.
    I'm a bit sad that the Krogan Mercenary doesn't have any detonator (why can't Flak Cannon be upgraded to detonate ). I got the Ruzhad(?) Shotgun but it takes something like 10sec to reload...GREAT...not.

Deleted
    finished at lvl 59, about 97% completion. im missing some tasks that seem to be bugged or something, im not finidng the items as suggested on the web.....maybe they can only be finished inbetween certain story points, no idea. one major bug is there i think, my viability points are going into minus, i have some 3k+ points but with minus. my nexus is on lvl20 and for any quest or anything where i get viability points, they add up but in the negative. dont know waht happened, but i only have 19 nexus "perks" open because of that (i think....not sure 100% if 19 or more or less, not in the game atm). im gonna leave it like this until next major patch or dlc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Trade has happened and we are not the first encounter with Humans they have had or the initiative. Plenty of crashed stuff and others on their planets. That isn't as bad as something like computers. The Roekarr also could have captured them and traded them or any number of possibilities that are not face palm inducing.
    Yes we are.

There is a hologram display of the Tempest in the museum on Aya with the following text:

"In Day 45 of Revolution 826, the ship known as the Tempest landed on Aya, and our people made first contact with sentient life from another galaxy, a human called Pathfinder Ryder."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes we are.

There is a hologram display of the Tempest in the museum on Aya with the following text:

"In Day 45 of Revolution 826, the ship known as the Tempest landed on Aya, and our people made first contact with sentient life from another galaxy, a human called Pathfinder Ryder."
    This is misleading and should be taken in the political context of Aya. Not as absolute truth. Ryder arrived to Andromeda 14 month later than Nexus. All the nexus races had contact with Angrara, just not on Aya. Kadara, originally Angaran outpost is ruled by Exiles for example.

So basically it says that officially the proper (politically) first contact with milky people happened when Ryder landed Tempest on Aya.

What did you expect them to write? "First contact happened between some resistance extremists and nexus outlaws, some time during revolution 825, some of them died in the process."
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    This is misleading and should be taken in the political context of Aya. Not as absolute truth. Ryder arrived to Andromeda 14 month later than Nexus. All the nexus races had contact with Angrara, just not on Aya. Kadara, originally Angaran outpost is ruled by Exiles for example.

So basically it says that officially the proper (politically) first contact with milky people happened when Ryder landed Tempest on Aya.

What did you expect them to write? "First contact happened between some resistance extremists and nexus outlaws, some time during revolution 825, some of them died in the process."
    Uhh... Considering how fearful, suspicious, even downright hateful of outsiders/aliens many of them are... Absolutely, yes, I do expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think any content in a game that players actively tell others not to do is a gigantic waste and indicative of poor design. The time/effort spent on that could have been invested in a part of the game players actually enjoy.
    Thing is, for Eos at least, there's only 1 Task that's horrendous and that's the scan the colonists one. All the other Tasks sends you to areas near mini-vaults or are near side-quest areas. It is aids picking up a task after you've done everything else but in general they're not that bad.

Like one of the side quests is to follow the trail of some woman who eventually goes to a remnant structure. You interact with her camp, go to the end of the remnant structure, that you'd clear anyway for Remnant Cores (Gotta get crafting), and scan a terminal that you turn back in at the outpost. The only thing it doesn't have compared to the side quests like Kett's Bane is a dedicated two-way dialogue with options.

The only issue is the lack of tracking for them. It'd be okay if you had a highlighted area, similar to Inquisition, so you know "Right, I should check this general area" and they'd be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Thing is, for Eos at least, there's only 1 Task that's horrendous and that's the scan the colonists one. All the other Tasks sends you to areas near mini-vaults or are near side-quest areas. It is aids picking up a task after you've done everything else but in general they're not that bad.

Like one of the side quests is to follow the trail of some woman who eventually goes to a remnant structure. You interact with her camp, go to the end of the remnant structure, that you'd clear anyway for Remnant Cores (Gotta get crafting), and scan a terminal that you turn back in at the outpost. The only thing it doesn't have compared to the side quests like Kett's Bane is a dedicated two-way dialogue with options.

The only issue is the lack of tracking for them. It'd be okay if you had a highlighted area, similar to Inquisition, so you know "Right, I should check this general area" and they'd be perfect.
    You are in for a hell of a time because there are tasks like that on every planet.

Most of them not only unmarked, but randomly generated... You have to go to camps hoping you get lucky and the objective spawns there.

Just finished the game. It was great.

Kind of disappointed that there weren't more planets, and I expected more from the final fight. Other than that, I can't wait to see more.
    There are some interesting unanswered questions and new things at the end that make me excited for the sequel.

Best thing about this game: Ryder dances like Shepard

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Uhh... Considering how fearful, suspicious, even downright hateful of outsiders/aliens many of them are... Absolutely, yes, I do expect that.
    In a public museum? Don't be ridiculous. Tempest's arrival on Aya is more logical to be put on display due to its political significance, because peace is what everyone's after, even Kett (we just disagree on the method) and many is not equal to majority.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Normal is cakewalk, but Hardcore or Insanity is pretty bad. They are huge damage sponges, and deal huge damage if they ever hit you. Worst part is being flanked by the adds though, they can take you down in few hits if you don't have cover.