Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Eating barely at all != eating one meal a day. Stop with your bullshit anti-Semitic advice.
    But most overweighted people eat bunch of food a day. Dropping to one meal a day is "barely at all" for them. I'm talking about dropping to ~1000kcal per day.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2017-03-27 at 11:47 AM.

There is a documentary called "king corn" which highlights how corn production basically dictates the food industry in the US
    High fructose corn syrup is practically in every processed food made.

It's not just how much you eat, but also what you eat. I struggled with weight loss for the longest until I started keeping a food diary (myfitnesspal). I quickly realized that I was eating WAY too many calories even when I barely ate at all (calorie dense foods). Once I started being mindful of that the pounds began to melt. It's a slow process though (~2lbs a week). Getting proper nutrition is a big part of it too (once I filled all the gaps in my nutrition I could feel a difference in my metabolism).

Also, I agree that once you stop eating/drinking some unhealthy things that healthier things start to taste better. I used to hate drinking water but now I prefer it over most other drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It's really not that bad. Are people just afraid of feeling a little hungry? I actually feel energized when I'm slightly hungry. 155 pound club.
    Well, to begin with, "It's really not that bad" it how you view not others or a standard at all.

Myself I'm 200 pounds, I have a beer belly, I'm also an active individual, I walk everywhere from going to and from work - university to walking the dog for a hour every day. I'm a black belt in Martial arts and train two times a week, we do everything from your sterotypical view of going up and down the room doing the same technique to fitness nights to none stop sparing all night.

I eat a small breakfast (more often than not no breakfast), a sandwhich of some sort at around 12-1 and normally cooked meal around 7 with my partner. We don't snack inbetween and most of our meals are balanced and healthy. I also cook everything from scratch. If we run late one night I'll use a tin of soup as a base or sauce, but as I say normally everything from scratch. No oven meals, no microwave meals, no chips etc.

Can I loose a couple of pounds? fuck no, no matter what I do I don't change my weight. Example, Part of November, dec and January I did fuck all training, I was in every night doing fuck all. I didn't gain a single pound. February back to normal training routine didn't lose a single pound either.

I'm not overly fussed about my weight, like I said we lead a healthy life style, just about anyone in the club I can out last endurance wise, same goes when we mix with other clubs etc.

Deleted
    I quit sugar/carbs (20 net carbs MAX) - started eat healthy fats, a good ratio between polyunsaturated and monounsaturated and low amount of saturate - in 2 weeks, 20lb down, mostly water weight, but I am loosing 3kg a week, with no activity as I am programming. Best thing about this diet is that I am not that hungry, my mood is stable, my memory improved drastically and cured my ADHD, I go laser like focus even when someone is talking in the background etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    There is a documentary called "king corn" which highlights how corn production basically dictates the food industry in the US
    High fructose corn syrup is practically in every processed food made.
    I believe that there has been shown to be a direct correlation to the beginning of the use of High fructose corn syrup and the rise of obesity in the USA. You can say don't get items with this in it!!! Its hard to do because almost everything has it in it.

But why do people opt for that greasy cheeseburger with a large fry and the large coke? Its based in our past evolutionary path. Food used to not be as easy as going down to the local grocery store or stopping by the fast food place. We had to hunt, grow, etc our food. When you eat the above food items they are loaded in sugar, starch, and proteins. While also being high in calories. Basically everything the body wants and needs in high amounts. The body then goes "whoohoo" and releases a number of endorphin. These are the bodies natural uppers. So you feel Great!. Why not keep feeling great!

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    It's not just how much you eat, but also what you eat. I struggled with weight loss for the longest until I started keeping a food diary (myfitnesspal). I quickly realized that I was eating WAY too many calories even when I barely ate at all (calorie dense foods). Once I started being mindful of that the pounds began to melt. It's a slow process though (~2lbs a week). Getting proper nutrition is a big part of it too (once I filled all the gaps in my nutrition I could feel a difference in my metabolism).

Also, I agree that once you stop eating/drinking some unhealthy things that healthier things start to taste better. I used to hate drinking water but now I prefer it over most other drinks.

Yes! I never liked drinking water now it's all I drink. I do have a cup of espresso in the morning however. Giving up soda, diet or sugar is such a good step. It's also bad for your tooth enamel which people forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    You should stay away from cooking olive oil hard.
    I usually add it after i have heated a serving.
    True, it is healthier uncooked, however you can still cook it as long as you don't go over its smoking point and don't reuse it a thousand times. To turn extra-virgin olive oil into an unhealthy condiment you need to repeatedly heat it to very high temperatures, which basically never happens in a home kitchen.

Then you're talking about eating a normal healthy diet, you're not talking about eating barely at all. There's a difference between eating healthy(what you JUST described) and starving yourself(your first post). It doesn't matter that they were overeating before as you didn't introduce that as a qualifier. And it doesn't negate the fact that barely moving isn't the way to go about losing weight. So, again, stop with your bullshit anti-Semitic advice.
    It's not normal healthy diet to eat so little your body starts to consume energy first from your muscles and then fat. But hey, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Well, to begin with, "It's really not that bad" it how you view not others or a standard at all.

Myself I'm 200 pounds, I have a beer belly, I'm also an active individual, I walk everywhere from going to and from work - university to walking the dog for a hour every day. I'm a black belt in Martial arts and train two times a week, we do everything from your sterotypical view of going up and down the room doing the same technique to fitness nights to none stop sparing all night.

I eat a small breakfast (more often than not no breakfast), a sandwhich of some sort at around 12-1 and normally cooked meal around 7 with my partner. We don't snack inbetween and most of our meals are balanced and healthy. I also cook everything from scratch. If we run late one night I'll use a tin of soup as a base or sauce, but as I say normally everything from scratch. No oven meals, no microwave meals, no chips etc.

Can I loose a couple of pounds? fuck no, no matter what I do I don't change my weight. Example, Part of November, dec and January I did fuck all training, I was in every night doing fuck all. I didn't gain a single pound. February back to normal training routine didn't lose a single pound either.

I'm not overly fussed about my weight, like I said we lead a healthy life style, just about anyone in the club I can out last endurance wise, same goes when we mix with other clubs etc.
    I know you say you're not bothered by your weight and I'm just a random stranger on the internet but I can tell you that eating breakfast every day will cause those stubborn pounds to go away. Drink a 16 oz glass of water first thing in the morning and eat a breakfast with a good amount of protein. You'll probably lose the belly! Not eating breakfast causes your body to store your nutritious dinner from the night before as fat because it's being starved.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    But most overweighted people eat bunch of food a day. Dropping to one meal a day is "barely at all" for them. I'm talking about dropping to ~1000kcal per day.
    low calorie intake to reduce weight is some mombo jombo from last century.

Loosing weight is all about producing the right hormon. you can loose weight fast eating 5000 kcal pr day, or eat 1500 kcal a day and gain weight like hell.
    It all depends on what food those calories come from.

When I speak of diet I speak of what you eat, not what physical activity you engage in. And, again, it doesn't work. It's incredibly unhealthy and could kill people. Stop with your anti-Semitic advice and go back to guarding your bridge.
    Oh and I can't understand what anti-semitic has to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because:

- Eating healthy is not cheap. - NO
    - Most readily available foods have added sugar and salt. - Not exactly
    - The Sugar lobby spend billions funding fake studies against fat when sugar is worse. - Might be true, widely held that fat isn't bad for you currently
    - Parents are lazy and let children eat all kinds of garbage. - Fact
    - Once you gain weight even if you lose it there is a new layer under the skin which makes gaining it back much faster. - Wut?
    - Fat children are very unlikely to shed their weight as they grow older due to bad habits. - Fact
    You started off poorly but hit home on major issues near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    That's funny because I am a bodybuilder

If you are talking about weight management, nothing else, the only thing relevant is "have you burned more calories than you have taken in at the end of your day?"

If I wanted to I could forgo my body composition and live off twinkies and as long as I eat maintenance level calories daily, maintain my weight

98% of the people on here are skinny fat, dramatic color dyed hair SJWs that have never thought about exercise or calorie management, nor would they be bothered to
    I was a former power lifter when I was much younger and recently lost 60 lbs within the span of 5 months because I decided to get back in shape and be healthy. You should stop making assumptions about people because you know what they say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It's really not that bad. Are people just afraid of feeling a little hungry? I actually feel energized when I'm slightly hungry. 155 pound club.
    It's because people are lied too, they are told they can eat what they want as long as they exercise. Eating healthy greens will balance your harmones and the body will regulate weight itself.

Starving yourself is really bad for you and will actually make you fat, unless you're anorexic and never eat.

Then maybe you should look up anti-semitism.
    Oh my bad I used word auschwitz to describe a diet, no one shall say that word! I must be very evil person.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2017-03-27 at 12:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who are fat, uneducated and poor are fat, uneducated and poor because they are LAZY AM I RIGHT?

The dumbest buzzword possible to summarize something which is clearly more complex. No idea how people who throw that word around fix any problems in real life if the best cause / effect chain they can come up with.

'Just stop eating and being fat' won't help anyone to lose weight.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-03-27 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Just got back from walking my dog. Get a dog, walk it everyday, lose weight! Not hard. =P I also heard that if you cut out all sugary drinks and drink nothing but water, you'll lose 10lbs in a month.
    Would be 500 grams for me. I don't consider it worth it, as I can just walk abit each week and lose 4 times that anyway.

Of course if someone drinks liters of soda per day, then that could easily be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I know you say you're not bothered by your weight and I'm just a random stranger on the internet but I can tell you that eating breakfast every day will cause those stubborn pounds to go away. Drink a 16 oz glass of water first thing in the morning and eat a breakfast with a good amount of protein. You'll probably lose the belly! Not eating breakfast causes your body to store your nutritious dinner from the night before as fat because it's being starved.
    Oh its nothing to do with wanting to lose the pounds by not having it, I just feel physically ill if I eat x amount of time after waking up

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Just got back from walking my dog. Get a dog, walk it everyday, lose weight! Not hard. =P I also heard that if you cut out all sugary drinks and drink nothing but water, you'll lose 10lbs in a month.
    Exercise alone won't help you lose weight if your high carb/sugar diet doesn't change. I know lots of people with hard physical jobs who are fat.