Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7641876.html

You might not have a choice after the banking jobs move to mainland Europe.
    I do not work in banking, but thank you for your concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You've purely contradicted yourself, and actually Haidt's research suggests the exact opposite of what you are describing. They (The Technocrats) are as craven, biased and usually serving political or ideological objectives as much as anyone else.

I also cite Ibn Khaldun on this one, Charisma is far more effective at ruling a country than Intellect.
    You do realize that Haidt is an avid creationism supporter right? Of course he is against technocracy. He's hated on the scientific community specifically on numerous occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    In what countries, because in the more recent political voting of France and the Netherlands the far right nationalist parties have gained worrying ground year on year.
    Wilders has yet to reach his 2010 peak again, and that that peak has yet to top LPFs(Pim Fortyn) peak from 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Globalism wont stop in the UK just because they leave the EU. The UK will not see more jobs because they LEAVE the EU. In fact, I'm quite sure they'll get less.
    UK will lose a lot of jobs, but they don't have the foresight while enraged from the lack of jobs and the lack of pay they are already dealing with. This is why I think the EU's immediate goal should be to help create jobs. Especially in countries where people are leaving. While at the same time, hopefully reduce the cost of imported goods by making them in Europe. Part of that problem is also the price of fuel, which is usually over €1 per liter. Something needs to be done about that, especially if businesses are to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Please, it's barely technocratic. Besides, I know you hate technocracy but your arguments against it are always weak, usually something along the lines of 'they shouldn't think they know more than me!'. Not convincing.
    The argument against technocracy is that the people run their state in a democracy. If political opponents decide to collude or the powers that be decide the people 1) don't know anything and 2) therefore have no right to make decisions about the direction of their countries, we no longer have a democracy. I fail to see how this technocracy is much better than a monarchy. Hell, at least the royal family has a permanent stake in their country. Some of these EU technocrats see themselves as citizens of the world, which functionally means that there's just nobody they won't screw over.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    B, You voted for and championed the single European act.
    Nope, in fact our elected PM was overthrown for refusing to support it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You do realize that Haidt is an avid creationism supporter right? Of course he is against technocracy. He's hated on the scientific community specifically on numerous occasions.
    I'm going to need a source on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm going to need a source on that.
    Buy his book and read it yourself: https://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Hyp.../dp/0465028020

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Having extensively googled your claim I cannot come up with any citation for Haidt saying "Creationism is correct." or anything of the sort. You seem to be talking out of your ass.

That book by the way is very good and argues nothing of the sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    1. We can overcome current risks. Worst estimate of unavoidable doom that I read aboutb was 400 years from now on. So yeah I consider that far off. Also really stagnation a bad term? I can see how progress and forward imply that the next thing is necessarily better, but stagnation?

2. This seems incredibly coming from you dude. You say people ought not to take risks, but populists themselves represent a risk. They could easily fail to achieve their promises as pointed in my previous examples. Anyhow taking risks is necessary to keep the globe spinning. Its what keeps us from getting to a stasis ( to avoid using stagnation) and the negative effects that come with it. Which is why I would not like to be led by the man that fear to venture deep in the ocean. ( This however doesn't mean thay I would like to be part of a cult like populists offer) which is why I see knowledge of the literature to be a hapoy medium
    I'm highly skeptical of anyone's ability to ensure "All is well and will be well for 400 years." Unless you are about to confess to knowing genuine psychics I call bullshit. Stagnation is a problematic term because it again falls into that same paradigm of just saying "Forward". It is relentlessly one dimensional thinking.

I sited someone who said risks are usually dangerous. Populism is usually a risk taken when faced with perceived annihilation. When the current leadership seems set to ruin something sacred, taking a risk to try and save that thing seems better than doing nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What you listed and assumed i didn't read are the general core pillars of the union, i am speaking of really specifics here things that really effect your day to day life. Things that are also not that polarized, such as privacy laws, protection of our food and all other things we come into contact with. I think the information campaign needs to target things people can physically see and experience.

It is know that extreme right is being funded by Russia, it is also no surprise that those figures are currently siding with Russia on many international issues, even the war on Syria as they'll gladly go there and meet the glorious leader of that nation. I think we have become too tolerant
    But exactly those issues are reported and press releases are done by the EU. Privacy protection and things like cancelling the data transfer agreement with the US was highly publicised. And health and food regulations are mostly done by the EU these days, everyone should know that. Do people not look at the stuff they buy?

As I said, I agree with you, you can try to inform better. But for that people need to be interested and actually read what you put in front of them. I fear that the average citizen is either indifferent about who's making the rules, happy with the way things are, because they read shit or too busy bitching about the EU to spend some time researching the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

How can it be united when it seeks to increase significant types of diversity?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How can it be united when it seeks to increase significant types of diversity?
    And yet daily I see people on here typing random bullshit and clearly displaying the disability to read text. It's amazing how it sometimes works out!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A better Bulgarian government?
    As i said, given the single market, the Bulgarian goverment does not have control of the levers to fix their problems.
    We are expected to be a net contributor to the EU and to subsidise their low skilled workers to the detriment of British people, with finite resources? Is it any wonder that many British people are not all that keen on the idea?
    They seem to be keen on being able to sell their goods and services to the Bulgarians.
    Which political elites? The ones who supported Remain, which was the Prime Minister and most of the MPs? Or Leavers like UKIP, who had one seat, but do not even have that now?
    The ones who, regardless of party affiliation, has spent decades pushing the EU in a direction that they wanted it, while apparently entirely divorced from what the electorate wanted.
    The single European act, the 'watershed' between the 'good' EU and the 'Bad' EU, at least as far as the Brexiteers are misinformed, was largely a product of this evil EU bureaucrat, a faceless, unelected, M Thatcher, never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I do not work in banking, but thank you for your concern.
    Financing or whatever will also move to Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Dublin and Zurich as well. In the end all you will have left is washing cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Financing or whatever will also move to Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Dublin and Zurich as well. In the end all you will have left is washing cars.
    Marine & Aviation insurance. And no, it won't.

My particular job will be done wherever I am, I work from home, my industry will primarily stay in London as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    But exactly those issues are reported and press releases are done by the EU. Privacy protection and things like cancelling the data transfer agreement with the US was highly publicised. And health and food regulations are mostly done by the EU these days, everyone should know that. Do people not look at the stuff they buy?

As I said, I agree with you, you can try to inform better. But for that people need to be interested and actually read what you put in front of them. I fear that the average citizen is either indifferent about who's making the rules, happy with the way things are, because they read shit or too busy bitching about the EU to spend some time researching the EU.
    I don't disagree but i think we need to go out that the human factor is always the weakest link. Instead of texts, make small adds the EU has the money for it.

Inform them about the consumer protection they have, the privacy protection they have, make it so that especially younger people saying now "the eu does NOTHING" are aware that if things they break down and they have a minimum warranty time, that's something the EU provided to all consumers. It might sound dumb and it might sound obvious to us since we are aware and read up on things but we have to accept that most people don't and a lot of young people in general don't care about politics, so i'm saying cut the politics out of it and present them with actual programs that work.

Since the more people that are aware the more feedback there is on this and the more things can improve and we can cut out the criticism that people just like to hate on the EU and simply denounce those in favor of it as being blindly for it.

And you are right the EU is very transparant in what it does, where the money comes from and where it goes however the problem is we literally have to bring the horse to water here, otherwise it will remain an easy target for populists.

Deleted
    Nice to know that we will have people in Bruxelles with no accountability ruling over us all. Guess Germany learned that conquering everybody with their army(twice) is a bad idea, so they have to do it this way instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Nice to know that we will have people in Bruxelles with no accountability ruling over us all. Guess Germany learned that conquering everybody with their army(twice) is a bad idea, so they have to do it this way instead.
    People in the EU parliament are elected if they aren't elected it's a choice your nation made to pick politicians to sit there among themselves, ignoring the will of the people.

If you want to keep the Nazi germany comparison you can explain to me why the UK is allowed to leave, without issues after a 2 year period of where laws and deals have to be brokered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    those peoples looks like bots, always the same notionless sentences
    Last edited by mmocc813158c2a; 2017-03-27 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People in the EU parliament are elected if they aren't elected it's a choice your nation made to pick politicians to sit there among themselves, ignoring the will of the people.

If you want to keep the Nazi germany comparison you can explain to me why the UK is allowed to leave, without issues after a 2 year period of where laws and deals have to be brokered.
    Obviously hyperbolie on my part, but do you think the countries 5-10 million people will have a huge say against Germany with ~80mil?