Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently running MG Frost. Feels OK. DPS is pretty ordinary, but I really dislike BoS spec. Just doesnt feel good to me.

Fortunately I have my Fury Warrior at around 880 ilev doing DPS not far off him. Have the heroic leap legendary shoulders and the additional mobility is just too much fun.

Played arms/fury for two xpacs, thought Id try DK this one. But Im def going back to my Fury warrior for 7.2.

Deleted
    The new trait where pet's can burst wounds during DT looks pretty awful for bracers users, unless we see a buff to festering strike, or Uva looks like it will be one of the best leggos out there for UH, coupled with the bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    The new trait where pet's can burst wounds during DT looks pretty awful for bracers users, unless we see a buff to festering strike, or Uva looks like it will be one of the best leggos out there for UH, coupled with the bracers.
    Yeah i agree pet bursting wounds + necrosis + bracers gonna be shit, we will spend most of the time using festering strike. Such an awful trait that i, i kinda liked the gargoyle one better it would make that 3 min cd much more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Yeah i agree pet bursting wounds + necrosis + bracers gonna be shit, we will spend most of the time using festering strike. Such an awful trait that i, i kinda liked the gargoyle one better it would make that 3 min cd much more valuable.
    They can't really do anything with gargoyle without breaking one of our talents though.

The lower duration on DA is really screwing up gargoyle tbh.

With the new traits, any chance Castigator will become the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    They can't really do anything with gargoyle without breaking one of our talents though.

The lower duration on DA is really screwing up gargoyle tbh.
    Yeah i know but still was better than pet bursting wounds. If DA was 20 secs duration it could instead apply 2 wounds per cast that wouldnt break it for that talent.

I would have been happier if new gold trait instead added +1 wound to festering strike and gave it same range as clawing shadows. Maybe made autoattack same range too.

With around 80-90% mastery , KJBW with Uvanimor , UH dk is viable. CS build is the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I would have been happier if new gold trait instead added +1 wound to festering strike and gave it same range as clawing shadows. Maybe made autoattack same range too.
    You should reroll to a ranged class if you have such desires...
    Last edited by mmocb0712db3e4; 2017-03-27 at 11:05 AM.

If we're spamming FeS anyway any chances Draugr pulls ahead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    If we're spamming FeS anyway any chances Draugr pulls ahead?
    On average FSing more increases the value of the belt, but you can get a string of poor RNG where no runes are proccing. You want large strings of DC and CS esp when SoW procs for the best damage output, any FS that doesn't proc runes or applies only a small number of wounds is a potential damage loss. Also more FS means less CS, and CS per rune does more damage than FS (this isn't strictly true since FS applies wounds but you need CS to pop them).
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-03-27 at 01:56 PM.

My train of thought was along the lines of "If we have to use Festering Strike more anyway, maybe Draugr lessens the blow to our dps if it's competitive with bracers or Uvanimor"

Of course I am not suggesting dropping the more important skills, it was just an idea I had to make the best use out of FeS.

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    You should reroll to a ranged class if you have such desires...
    Find me one ranged class that plays like a melee and you'll have a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    My train of thought was along the lines of "If we have to use Festering Strike more anyway, maybe Draugr lessens the blow to our dps if it's competitive with bracers or Uvanimor"

Of course I am not suggesting dropping the more important skills, it was just an idea I had to make the best use out of FeS.
    With the current 4 set probably not so much. BRW would probably be the go to talent with DT being at the point when the most wounds are being popped with or without bracers. They should increase the damage of FS to reflect its rune cost despite it's other damage application being wounds. It used to be a significant portion of our damage before necrosis and CS was our main go to talent.

Hows Unholy in 7.2? Well its the same - RNG fest, meme movement speed, having too much resources and the new traits give u more. Its mind blowing how Unholy have so many issues (since 7.0) and Blizzard are fully ignoring them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Hows Unholy in 7.2? Well its the same - RNG fest, meme movement speed, having too much resources and the new traits give u more. Its mind blowing how Unholy have so many issues (since 7.0) and Blizzard are fully ignoring them...
    - The range of clawing shadows offsets the movement issue somewhat. Most of our openers are ranged anyway. This has never been my personal concern outside of M+ spams.

- Being resources starved, especially with the necrosis build has been the issue I'm having at the moment (others have reported the same), despite my best efforts to proc Runic Corruption by weaving in DCs.

The Necrosis build is a lot smoother without the bracers and if the current 4 set procs. Necrosis and CS have become such a powerful combination (in line with SoW procs) that having to FS more often when you have the bracers, becomes a dps loss due to the relatively weak damage FS does on its own and yes thanks to RNG the main issues, for those who have bracers, is the the application of wounds when resources are low.

The new apocalypse trait may solve this issue somewhat, and during lust phase, as long as you can spend your resources, there should be a lot more dps being pushed out.

If anything I wish the last trait to do something with our Virulent plague...for it to erupt and refresh on its own without a rune cost. If there is anything that could improve QOL is not having to refresh diseases when we're runed starved and we want to continue our DC/CS spam.

- The range of clawing shadows offsets the movement issue somewhat. Most of our openers are ranged anyway. This has never been my personal concern outside of M+ spams.

- Being resources starved, especially with the necrosis build has been the issue I'm having at the moment (others have reported the same), despite my best efforts to proc Runic Corruption by weaving in DCs.

The Necrosis build is a lot smoother without the bracers and if the current 4 set procs. Necrosis and CS have become such a powerful combination (in line with SoW procs) that having to FS more often when you have the bracers, becomes a dps loss due to the relatively weak damage FS does on its own and yes thanks to RNG the main issues, for those who have bracers, is the the application of wounds when resources are low.

The new apocalypse trait may solve this issue somewhat, and during lust phase, as long as you can spend your resources, there should be a lot more dps being pushed out.

If anything I wish the last trait to do something with our Virulent plague...for it to erupt and refresh on its own without a rune cost. If there is anything that could improve QOL is not having to refresh diseases when we're runed starved and we want to continue our DC/CS spam.
    if you have the belt, as I do, it actually does help mitigate the effects of RNG on resource generation. try it and see if it helps; I know it does for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    if you have the belt, as I do, it actually does help mitigate the effects of RNG on resource generation. try it and see if it helps; I know it does for me.
    The belt was one of my first legendary items. It's what I mainly use with the bracers. The belt "is" a dps increase. The ring would be even better.

The current rotation for Unholy DK's should be DC---->CS as much as you can when wounds are up. The ring helps massively in this respect and is the ideal legendary to have with bracers to apply wounds without having to spend runes on FS. This combo, BRW and good RNG will see significant gains in damage and especially in light cleave scenarios. Or so the theory goes.

The belt was one of my first legendary items. It's what I mainly use with the bracers. The belt "is" a dps increase. The ring would be even better.

The current rotation for Unholy DK's should be DC---->CS as much as you can when wounds are up. The ring helps massively in this respect and is the ideal legendary to have with bracers to apply wounds without having to spend runes on FS. This combo, BRW and good RNG will see significant gains in damage and especially in light cleave scenarios. Or so the theory goes.
    TBH i sim much higher bracer+KJBW than Bracers+Ring with necrosis build, i dont think youre loosing too much without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    TBH i sim much higher bracer+KJBW than Bracers+Ring with necrosis build, i dont think youre loosing too much without it.
    I don't disagree with you. Even if I swap out the belt, there is no "guaranteed" dps gain given the RNG nature of our class.

In fact despite my ilevel increasing slowing, some of the high parses I've had with Belt and Bracers with SR vs Belt and Sephuz with DA are interchangeable depending on how well my raid group performs, what tactics we use AND with how well RNG smiles upon me.

One thing is for certain though we can play really well and have all the resources to hand, but if things don't proc/crit we can be left with a ridiculously low set of results.

The highest dps I've done on a relatively long fight (Trillax Normal - pug - 4.5 minutes - a virtual target dummy) has been with Belt, Sephuz and SR talent (trinkets were foci and 860 Arcano) and hitting over 815k dps.

The RNG was real on that fight as well as unintentional scrubber cleave. When I had taken out the damage from scrubbers, it still averaged over 795k dps on Trillax. I've never seen numbers like that on much shorter Trillax fights/ Star Augur fights/ Krosus fights, despite them being much shorter kill times with my guild. It's a shame I didn't log that one.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-03-27 at 08:28 PM.