Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    I think the question we need to ask is why are we defending backward societies that are stupid in the extreme?
    Trust me I don't want to, but unfortunately it's a slow road, and there's a lot of human beings and a lot of societies in the world. This is also why I feel mass immigration will always lead to disaster since it's two opposing societies clashing.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if even one being must die, then it is not worth it. human selfishness, the desire to live while others still die, doesn't matter.

if it can't be perfect, it's worthless.
    No, you are wrong. Imperfect things still have value. That fact that one desires perfection does not abrogate this existing value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems rather pointless.

Unwanted dogs are already euthanized by the thousands. I'm predicting the majority of those dogs saved are going to spend some time in new, nicer cages and then euthanized because they are either all fucked up from the shitty living conditions they were in before (complete darkness, barely any food, etc.), or just because nobody wants them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Different people have different tastes. Your judgement that it's shit means nothing. Some people think soy is shit. Does that mean there is no reason for anyone anywhere to eat it? Obviously not.

I do however agree with your argument that the costs of raising carnivores for consumption may be unjustifiably high. You should probably stick to that argument, and shy away from the other arguments you're making, which are highly subjective.
    Actually; no. My argument is entirely objective. China and Korea are Backward shitholes with backward practices. This is an objective fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    It's almost how like in america veal cows are kept in crates to prohibit muscle use and movement because it "tastes better".
    Thankfully banned where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if even one being must die, then it is not worth it. human selfishness, the desire to live while others still die, doesn't matter.

if it can't be perfect, it's worthless.
    Curious where you draw the line at "being". Should we not eradicate viruses and harmful bacteria or is that ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say those Tortoises needed you to breed chickens to feed them. Why breed the tortoise?
    Because you like the taste of tortoise and want to eat them? What kind of question is that lol

Here is a hint; I HAVE tried dog before during my stay in China. It's shit. There is literally no reason to eat Dog Meat.
    Nice that you tried dog and found it disgusting, well you are not everyone.

Right, Guess people who get upset at Dolphin's in Tuna are just over-reacting right?
    It only becomes a problem if it endangers the species as a whole.

Let's say those Tortoises needed you to breed chickens to feed them. Why breed the tortoise?
    Well they could use the chicks that get shredded in most western societies currently.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-03-27 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Have you ever used a glue trap for any kind of vertebrate before?
    At what point does these Equal to me killing Animals for novel reasons?

And yet, we're not boiling Dogs and cats in pots because they taste better when they're slowly killed. So yes. I will call entire populations barbaric, because they are.
    No, we slowly suffocate chickens because it's "more practical to clean up", we force pigs to live in tiny spaces doing nothing but breeding and eating all their lives. They don't even have soft surfaces to lay down on.

Bunnies are THE most mistreated animals in the UK. Look at all the horrible treatment dogs are victim to in the states with backyard breeders and abandonment and mistreatment. According to your logic, the West knows better... yet we STILL do these things. How do you defend that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying people who defend backward countries practices should be forced to live in those Backwards countries, We're better than them. Our development proves this.
    All cultures have backwards practices. Are all cultures barbaric? Not according to your judgement. South Korea is highly developed and is more advanced than Western countries in some ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually; no. My argument is entirely objective. China and Korea are Backward shitholes with backward practices. This is an objective fact.
    Enjoy your infraction.

Also, nice job providing no supporting arguments or evidence. You're just showing everyone what a subjective statement is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Because you like the taste of tortoise and want to eat them? What kind of question is that lol
    Well; let's see how up above the pole I can go; New Caledonian Raven. Can we farm them and eat them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying people who defend backward countries practices should be forced to live in those Backwards countries, We're better than them. Our development proves this.
    No society is really perfect, even western ones. Don't get me wrong, I would sooner live where I am now then anywhere else, since the UK and America feels like the right balance, but someone's world view can change, or be in stack contrast to another's. I don't want any animal to suffer, but I do eat meat.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, we're not boiling Dogs and cats in pots because they taste better when they're slowly killed. So yes. I will call entire populations barbaric, because they are.
    Yes, yes, instead, we boil lobsters in pots, because it's not barbaric.

Also, whatever propaganda piece you've read on that - check your info, it's not as wide-spread as you claim it to be, most dogs are electrocuted or killed by a hit on the head. Which is kinda common method of killing animals for food
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Lmao, no it doesn't. If anything, the fact that we KNOW and CARE yet we STILL have all this animal cruelty going on at an industrial scale, says more than enough.

Ever seen how fish are treated? The old myth that "fish don't feel pain" is alive and well here in the west. Fish are brought out of the sea, and forced to lay slowly suffocating in heaps. It's very true that if Fish could scream, the treatment of them would be better. The west is THAT backwards still when it comes to understanding of animals.

Lobsters? Boiled alive. Crayfish? Boiled alive. Pet fish? Flushed down the toilet or boiled alive. For no other reason than taste, or convenience.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-27 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Also, nice job providing no supporting arguments or evidence. You're just showing everyone what a subjective statement is.
    Evidence? We don't cook dogs in pots so their pain makes them taste better or think ground up animal horn makes your dick bigger. Legit question; Why do you defend these practices?

At what point does these Equal to me killing Animals for novel reasons?
    I asked that question to see if you're genuinely against unnecessary and extreme cruelty here, or only care because they're cute fluffy puppy wuppies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    Curious where you draw the line at "being". Should we not eradicate viruses and harmful bacteria or is that ok?
    Don't try to reason with it.

Meanwhile there are 100,000 or so strays in the country. Sure is nice all that money was spent to fly in a few dogs from Asia.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well; let's see how up above the pole I can go; New Caledonian Raven. Can we farm them and eat them?
    ...yes? We could eat polar bears if we were able to breed them and keep their populations high enough to sustain that.