Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This game is epic, I rarely find a game that its soundtracks add so much to the immersion of it. Really 10/10 in sound and also using different camera angle in NieR is something new and I like much, it change the pace of the fights.

Ok, two questions (this game is insanely good).

- What do i do with machine cores? No spoiler please, just say "vendor" or "they're used later".
    - Purpose of fishing? Just quick gil farming or some items can be obtained only with it? No need to tell me special stuff, only option a or b

I'm making a huge effort to just not check anything on the web and discover everything by myself.

Side note, unlocked ending K. LOL. And E-medicine.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

- What do i do with machine cores? No spoiler please, just say "vendor" or "they're used later".
    - Purpose of fishing? Just quick gil farming or some items can be obtained only with it? No need to tell me special stuff, only option a or b

I'm making a huge effort to just not check anything on the web and discover everything by myself.

Machine cores are just for money as well as every other item labelled as being useful for vending, with the exception of desert roses (5 needed for a side quest, however they become a 100% drop during the quest) and torn books, which are actually a pod upgrade part. If it has a different description, it's probably an upgrade part.

Fishing is mostly a relaxing way to make money but there is something useful that isn't a fish you can catch that's arguably worth your time, but can only be caught near The Flooded Coast . Spoilers for fishing thing - Pod B
    Last edited by Feesh; 2017-03-27 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Machine cores are just for money as well as every other item labelled as being useful for vending, with the exception of desert roses (5 needed for a side quest, however they become a 100% drop during the quest) and torn books, which are actually a pod upgrade part. If it has a different description, it's probably an upgrade part.

Fishing is mostly a relaxing way to make money but there is something useful that isn't a fish you can catch that's arguably worth your time, but can only be caught near The Flooded Coast . Spoilers for fishing thing - Pod B
    Thanks, i'll sell my machine cores then, and invest some time into fishing. I've seen there's a collectibles thing for fishing everything, so i'll likely do it nontheless.

If memory serves everything below the metals and above chips is vendor trash. You can end up with hundreds of thousands after you buy all your chip space and upgrade weapons.

Then get ready for the black pearl and gold ore farm

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If memory serves everything below the metals and above chips is vendor trash. You can end up with hundreds of thousands after you buy all your chip space and upgrade weapons.

Then get ready for the black pearl and gold ore farm
    If i understood it correctly, some weapons are unlocked only in subsequent playthrough. I love the fast 1h/fist weapons moveset, but i've yet to unlock fist weapons. Currently at the castle in the forest. yet to finish the game one time, i'm taking my time, explore stuff and enjoying it.

If i understood it correctly, some weapons are unlocked only in subsequent playthrough. I love the fast 1h/fist weapons moveset, but i've yet to unlock fist weapons. Currently at the castle in the forest. yet to finish the game one time, i'm taking my time, explore stuff and enjoying it.
    pro tip, after jumping the broken bridge and unlocking the throne room save point go back out and drop below the bridge to the left, listen for the hammering noise and pull out a crate to find Masamune, the legendary blacksmith that upgrades to max and gives free weapons.

pro tip, after jumping the broken bridge and unlocking the throne room save point go back out and drop below the bridge to the left, listen for the hammering noise and pull out a crate to find Masamune, the legendary blacksmith that upgrades to max and gives free weapons.
    Augh thanks for the tip though i would have preferred to find it by myself

EDIT: found him last night, cannot say he was really hidden
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-28 at 07:26 AM.

Explain this a bit?

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anyone know how to get emil's shop to show up in front of the resistance camp? Apparently I can buy the fists from him on route A but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on how to get him there. Right now for me he always seems to patrol around the factory / city center route.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Gotten the ABCDKW endings, now trying to do 100% of quests. Spent like 3 hours combing the fucking desert for relics. 42 hours in and still enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Explain this a bit?

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anyone know how to get emil's shop to show up in front of the resistance camp? Apparently I can buy the fists from him on route A but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on how to get him there. Right now for me he always seems to patrol around the factory / city center route.
    In the castle of the forest king you go out right from the royal chamber save and the next room is a broken bridge, drop down to the left and follow the hammeirng noise to a cube, pull it away and jump over and head in to the machine blacksmith. He upgrades everything to lvl.4, sells machine weapons and if you get the black and white weapons gives you others.

I'm pretty sure it's just random.

In the castle of the forest king you go out right from the royal chamber save and the next room is a broken bridge, drop down to the left and follow the hammeirng noise to a cube, pull it away and jump over and head in to the machine blacksmith. He upgrades everything to lvl.4, sells machine weapons and if you get the black and white weapons gives you others.
    Yeah I've been to him, but what's this about him giving other weapons? When I looked online he supposedly only gives a single weapon and its mixed on whether or not its random or if you need another wep.

Do other weapon shops not upgrade things to level 4? The option shows up but I've never had the materials to actually see that they can't.

Finally locked away Zelda, and then Mass Effect, to get started on this one after buying it however long ago.

Just finished some carnival thing, and working towards whatever area is next.

On one hand, I'm sort of annoyed at playing yet another "open map" style game (Horizons, then zelda, then Mass effect, now this). I enjoyed the intro level, and how on rails it was (ala Bayonetta or whatever), and now the quests/subquests thing turned me off a little. Running around the maps aren't nearly as fun as when you finally get to an area with nice set pieces and cool scenes. But, what can ya do. I'm assuming it picks up more, given how everyone is raving about this one.

Question for the gameplay, I started to buy 1 or 2 of the pod special attacks, to try them out. Are there any must-haves? I got the hammer and one of the shields, but given how you can only use one at a time, it felt weird to keep buying more, especially if they end up being less than ideal.

Deleted
    9S made the whole game worse. You know it.

Yeah I've been to him, but what's this about him giving other weapons? When I looked online he supposedly only gives a single weapon and its mixed on whether or not its random or if you need another wep.

Do other weapon shops not upgrade things to level 4? The option shows up but I've never had the materials to actually see that they can't.
    Everyone else gets to 3 and only Masamune goes to max and he does a few things based on the white and black weapons you collect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Schmup hacking was great, and fujoshi need their shota to balance out the thicc thighs.

- - - Updated - - -

Chasing some more endings and noticed i unlocked a bunch more intel that paints the whole thing in a different light

I knew that the machines made yorha to give the project gestalt androids aka the resistance a reason to keep fighting but didnt get till the final intel that the yorha androids being made from machine cores is the machines actually imitating project gestalt. The yorha androids are mechanical replicants. The commander was popola and 9s is the Nier equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I kinda agree, this hacking minigame really breaks the combat flow. It would be okay if it would be just for data consoles, locks and shit like that, but in combat it's ugghhh - it's powerful but really disrupts the action.

Yeah so I just got through A and that felt very abrupt and I'm still totally confused. I know that's a bit of the point with the repeat playthroughs but man would that have been super short if I wasn't off exploring and doing side quests the whole time.

Yeah so I just got through A and that felt very abrupt and I'm still totally confused. I know that's a bit of the point with the repeat playthroughs but man would that have been super short if I wasn't off exploring and doing side quests the whole time.
    Yeah like i said before if you didnt know anything about nier and assumed that was the end you would be confused as fug. Its gets better though and you unlock a chapter select later so dont worry about missing stuff.

and btw you are halfway to the opening credits

Augh i so want to use the short sword with crit+ and i still need two freakin wires to upgrade it. Anyone willing to share their build? I'm just trying to stick as much stuff as possible into the 128 slots XD

Side note: yesterday i was fighting a couple of "kangaroo" machines in the city when suddendly two giants and a small one appeared. I was like "well, no problem" until i noticed they were made of gold and had like a gazillion HP. Had to run away since it would have just taken too much time (damage looked normal or just slightly reduced, but the hp bar wouldn't move, like at all).

No spoiler hint about these ones?