Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, yes, instead, we boil lobsters in pots, because it's not barbaric.

Also, whatever propaganda piece you've read on that - check your info, it's not as wide-spread as you claim it to be, most dogs are electrocuted or killed by a hit on the head. Which is kinda common method of killing animals for food
    Yet that's simply not true, but funny how a Russian talks of Propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, yes, instead, we boil lobsters in pots, because it's not barbaric.
    Who's 'we' ?

Boiling lobster alive is actually illegal in some places, or discouraged. Most professional kitchens either freeze them prior to cooking or use a sharp knife to destroy their nervous system. Check out how Gordon Ramsay dispatches a lobster for cooking. It's quite archaic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Meanwhile there are 100,000 or so strays in the country. Sure is nice all that money was spent to fly in a few dogs from Asia.
    ... Holy shit, didn't think it was that big a number...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    ...yes? We could eat polar bears if we were able to breed them and keep their populations high enough to sustain that.
    Right then. At what point does it become wrong to breed and kill Humans then?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there are objective moral truths to the world.

western society is morally correct on this issue.

in an ideal world, nobody would need to eat meat, not even other animals.
    Morally in ideal circumstances, when there are viable alternatives providing all that we need at similar or lower costs.
    Is that the case yet ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Evidence? We don't cook dogs in pots so their pain makes them taste better or think ground up animal horn makes your dick bigger. Legit question; Why do you defend these practices?
    I don't. I never said I did. I disagree with both of these practices.

But disagreeing with a cultural practice does not make an entire culture barbaric. Western cultures, especially American cultures, have plenty of negative practices as well. You seem to be ignoring these in order to propagate your judgement that certain Eastern cultures are 'barbaric' so you can feel morally superior.

You're also using a bunch of shit arguments that don't help your cause, and make logical opponents of these behaviors, such as myself, look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lmao, no it doesn't. If anything, the fact that we KNOW and CARE yet we STILL have all this animal cruelty going on at an industrial scale, says more than enough.
    I have to agree, sadly. We know what happens, even can watch videos of the killing floor of animals like cows, chickens, and lambs, but we still eat meat.

I would love to believe all animal farms are big green fields where all these farm animals graze and live a happy life, but reality will always kick that notion down, so only choice is to live ignoring that knowledge
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Who's 'we' ?

Boiling lobster alive is actually illegal in some places, or discouraged. Most professional kitchens either freeze them prior to cooking or use a sharp knife to destroy their nervous system. Check out how Gordon Ramsay dispatches a lobster for cooking. It's quite archaic now.
    Plenty of people still believe lobsters/crayfish and even fish do not feel pain. Professional kitchens are far outnumbered by general public cooking these creatures.

Same with the production of foie gras, many RESTAURANTS have banned the use due to how this "delicacy" is produced, but it's still being produced and the product is still flying off the shelves...

Yet that's simply not true, but funny how a Russian talks of Propaganda.
    But if you duck and cover..........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Who's 'we' ?

And I think I'll just hammer home the basic fact.

Dogs are smart animals, they are empathic animals, they have been bred for thousands of years by humans to be companion creatures. People defending it by refering to cows, Lobsters or anything else, are simply defending horrific practices on stupid basis like they think the chinese or Koreans are humane at all.

Lobsters? Boiled alive. Crayfish? Boiled alive.
    I'll point out that this really isn't a common practice any more in the West as studies over the past two decades point to these kinds of animals experiencing pain. Some people ignore this, of course, because of "tradition". I agree with you, the West aren't saintly either. That said though, they're still a lot more humane than some places around the world.

Plenty of people still believe lobsters/crayfish and even fish do not feel pain.
    These people are just ignorant and/or idiots. Sadly there's a lot of them.

Deleted
    Plenty of people still believe lobsters/crayfish and even fish do not feel pain. Professional kitchens are far outnumbered by general public cooking these creatures.

Same with the production of foie gras, many RESTAURANTS have banned the use due to how this "delicacy" is produced, but it's still being produced and the product is still flying off the shelves...
    And I disagree with the Inhumane treatments of the animals, maybe you should stop trying to defend it then.

Dogs are smart animals, they are empathic animals, they have been bred for thousands of years by humans to be companion creatures. People defending it by refering to cows, Lobsters or anything else, are simply defending horrific practices on stupid basis like they think the chinese or Koreans are humane at all.
    So you want to tell me cows cannot be compassionate and loyal, have ever had long contact with one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    That's not destruction of life.... We farm those animals and eat them just like how we farm vegetables.
    Interesting perspective. We create this life to act as a catalyst for human anabolism, turning plants into more nutrient-dense energy packets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    So you want to tell me cows cannot be compassionate and loyal, have ever had long contact with one?
    They've also had thousands of years of being bred for meat. Something the dogs have not. At the end of the day; There is zero reason to eat dog besides cultural reasons.

The cultures that do eat Dogs are fucking terrible places. people should stop defending terrible cultures being able to do terrible things, otherwise, we can excuse terrible things done everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right then. At what point does it become wrong to breed and kill Humans then?
    Till we as a collective society decide so

10+ Year Old Account
    They've also had thousands of years of being bred for meat. Something the dogs have not. At the end of the day; There is zero reason to eat dog besides cultural reasons.

The cultures that do eat Dogs are fucking terrible places. people should stop defending terrible cultures being able to do terrible things, otherwise, we can excuse terrible things done everywhere.
    You can't generalize condemnation of a single aspect of culture to the entire set of practices. Your line of thinking takes the same path as overt racism. Maybe you should reconsider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Till we as a collective society decide so
    So then it's fine for me to farm people to eat as long as it's in a country where such would be legal?

And I disagree with the Inhumane treatments of the animals, maybe you should stop trying to defend it then.
    I don't defend it, if you believe that you're simply too emotional to see reason.

You conveniently overlook the suffering of animals when it's not happening in countries that support your xenophobic attitude. That's not "disagreeing with inhumane treatment of the animals", that's "caring about inhumane treatment of animals only when convenient to my agenda". Disgusting.

They're referring to other animals because they are pointing out that people living in places like the US/UK/Australia/etc aren't saintly either. The fact that dogs are smart animals isn't relevant; suffering is still suffering. You think a cow doesn't suffer as much as a dog? It's very easy to see why people think you're nitpicking what animal is worthy of humane treatment.

If it's wrong for a dog, it's wrong for a cow. Or any animal that has the capacity to feel pain/suffer.