I have a 100% success rate on emergency missions. Did it once, never returned. Too much rng for a weapon. Will emergency mission succeed. Will i get one, will it be for a class i use, will it suck. Achievment and get out is a good plan, good luck with that

Welp productive day in FF14 for me. Zurvex down, reached floor 7 of Aquapolis for the first time at last and made a truckload of gil to boot. Saving for a Shirogane house when they open.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Did it once, next attempt failed due lack of people and since then haven't even gone there.
    people use diadem for something other than free rank V materia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is coming tomorrow, and still no patch notes.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    *chuckles*

So true.

Patch is coming tomorrow, and still no patch notes.
    Isn't it just the final story questline and a trial? 11 ish weeks to Stormblood i assumed we were just getting our 90 minute cutscene and steps of faith equivalent.

As far as new stuff, yeah.

There will likely be loot restrictions lifted, etc. as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    As far as new stuff, yeah.

There will likely be loot restrictions lifted, etc. as well.
    Really interested in the Loot Restriction updates and the possible nerf to the Anima quests, Umbrite step specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Really interested in the Loot Restriction updates and the possible nerf to the Anima quests, Umbrite step specifically.
    You think they'd nerf it again? I hope light step myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You think they'd nerf it again? I hope light step myself.
    I'm not even at the light step, this is my first (and only, seriously fuck this crap grind) Anima. I started it, so I'm damn well going to finish it....that Summoner book with the purple dragon wings is just too badass looking not to have for glamour purposes later down the road. But, this step is killing my soul...I can only imagine what other steps are going to do if they're as bad or worse than this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Isn't it just the final story questline and a trial?
    Just wondering if we're getting new hairstyles or not - we're running out of Heavensward, and still lacking couple last Type-0 styles, with Sice already datamined as The Make It Rain Campaign -event addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    So Savage lockout is being removed right? Did they mention anything about tome gear and void ark? Either way going to be nice to just ran Savage Creator non stop to gear up my few specs that are left.
    Void Ark? That loot has been unlocked since forever. If you mean Dun Scaith, no one knows yet; personally, it might as well be unlocked at this point, since Diadem shits out 265s left and right...or I have been insanely lucky, one of the two. Only thing we know is Creator Savage loot being unlocked + 10% echo there. Personally I'm hoping for either a double up of the current scripture cap (900 instead of 450), or if the devs are feeling particularly generous, uncap them outright. I doubt the latter happens until 4.0 arrives, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    I have a 100% success rate on emergency missions. Did it once, never returned. Too much rng for a weapon. Will emergency mission succeed. Will i get one, will it be for a class i use, will it suck. Achievment and get out is a good plan, good luck with that
    5 EMs total, 4 successes for me, and a 280 DRG weapon with 150-some odd accuracy and 70ish crit and det. Not BiS material, but I don't care...it's more than good enough for leveling in Stormblood. That said, if I finish healer and MNK scripture stuff and have time (and tomes) left over, I'll definitely go for DRG left side stuff next.

My luck aside, my plan for it is exactly what yours was; you only need one clear for the achievement. I still drop what I'm doing to help out with them in the event one spawns since clearing it also nets a couple of left and/or right side pieces. My luck I'll get another weapon that'll roll dogshit and/or be for a job I have a 275 anima for. I'd rather get them for alt jobs I don't play much (like the DRG one I got).

I'm not even at the light step, this is my first (and only, seriously fuck this crap grind) Anima. I started it, so I'm damn well going to finish it....that Summoner book with the purple dragon wings is just too badass looking not to have for glamour purposes later down the road. But, this step is killing my soul...I can only imagine what other steps are going to do if they're as bad or worse than this one.
    I might get shot for saying this but I personally prefer the Heavensward relic compared to the A Realm Reborn one... yeah yeah grind grind tomes but at least I can get it passively while playing the game the way I want to. That's not something you could say about ARR with its books which is still even after the nerfs the step that prevents me from going ham at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Void Ark? That loot has been unlocked since forever. If you mean Dun Scaith, no one knows yet; personally, it might as well be unlocked at this point, since Diadem shits out 265s left and right...or I have been insanely lucky, one of the two. Only thing we know is Creator Savage loot being unlocked + 10% echo there. Personally I'm hoping for either a double up of the current scripture cap (900 instead of 450), or if the devs are feeling particularly generous, uncap them outright. I doubt the latter happens until 4.0 arrives, though.
    They might as well unlock it. If you can clear A10S/A11S, that's infinite gobcoats/twines/dips without having to do the set of 24 mans, and that's not even mentioning all the other free loot. Repeatedly clearing the whole set and you can BiS basically every class in no time.

Umbrite step already got nerfed, and it likely won't get nerfed again until 4.0 or later, if at all.

Semi-related, since I found myself having to bend over backwards to find things to spend tomes and hunt seals on, I decided I'm going to go about yet another anima...and it's likely going to be the SMN book. For one, I have all 270 casting gear since I main BLM, so no additional gearing would be necessary, and it isn't a tank/healer weapon, which are absolute hell to get through the light farm part of the process (since everyone wants to run 1 tank 1 heal 6 dps for that, even when it's far from necessary). This isn't my first anima, though, so I'm able to go about it in a way where I pretty much don't go out of my way to get it...not going to run CT raids for aether oil; CBA to wait in queue for those for 20+ minutes when I can spam run dungeons/roulette and easily acquire 700 lore in far less time than running all 3 CT raids. I already tend to run expert roulette daily to help out friends and FC folks, so I can do that daily for singing clusters. Similar to expert roulette, I run leveling as tank for a friend wanting to level alt jobs for cross class stuff and/or funsies, so I easily cover the 3 leveling roulettes a week. I have a full allotment of leves on me right now and can farm blue gathering scrips from Diadem no problem, so sand won't be an issue. I have over 2 months to complete the thing, so barring A1S light farm groups all but drying up, I don't think it should be a problem to finish it before SB.

Just wondering if we're getting new hairstyles or not - we're running out of Heavensward, and still lacking couple last Type-0 styles, with Sice already datamined as The Make It Rain Campaign -event addition.
    Wait Make it Rain is coming back? MGP FARMING HAT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    They might as well unlock it. If you can clear A10S/A11S, that's infinite gobcoats/twines/dips without having to do the set of 24 mans, and that's not even mentioning all the other free loot. Repeatedly clearing the whole set and you can BiS basically every class in no time.
    Yeah, anyone remotely determined to farm 270 gear will definitely have the door kicked wide open on Creator Savage at this point. I should stop being lazy and go about at least farming A9S for some of the accessories and belts (belts in particular since the tank one shits all over the shire belt, and the caster one is BiS for BLM, just to name a couple of examples).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Saw this image on Reddit sometime ago, which shows two modern aesthetics.

http://i.imgur.com/IzNhifJ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah, it's going to show up just in time for me having already farmed up the MGP I need for Fenrir. 65k to go, which means I'm still salty for only getting one line on this week's WT because with 2 lines I would have that mount already...hnnnnngggghhh.

No big deal, though; I still have the other mounts to obtain, along with the music rolls and minions...shit that's damn near another 2 million MGP I'll want to farm after that. That's not even touching TT cards...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Umbrite step already got nerfed, and it likely won't get nerfed again until 4.0 or later, if at all.

Semi-related, since I found myself having to bend over backwards to find things to spend tomes and hunt seals on, I decided I'm going to go about yet another anima...and it's likely going to be the SMN book. For one, I have all 270 casting gear since I main BLM, so no additional gearing would be necessary, and it isn't a tank/healer weapon, which are absolute hell to get through the light farm part of the process (since everyone wants to run 1 tank 1 heal 6 dps for that, even when it's far from necessary). This isn't my first anima, though, so I'm able to go about it in a way where I pretty much don't go out of my way to get it...not going to run CT raids for aether oil; CBA to wait in queue for those for 20+ minutes when I can spam run dungeons/roulette and easily acquire 700 lore in far less time than running all 3 CT raids. I already tend to run expert roulette daily to help out friends and FC folks, so I can do that daily for singing clusters. Similar to expert roulette, I run leveling as tank for a friend wanting to level alt jobs for cross class stuff and/or funsies, so I easily cover the 3 leveling roulettes a week. I have a full allotment of leves on me right now and can farm blue gathering scrips from Diadem no problem, so sand won't be an issue. I have over 2 months to complete the thing, so barring A1S light farm groups all but drying up, I don't think it should be a problem to finish it before SB.
    For me personally the thought of grinding in a manner to blow through this Anima step...or any Anima step is so soul crushing that I don't even log on and I'll play something else. I have to come at this from a more relaxed/ slow pace or I won't do it at all because that level of grinding is not even remotely fun. More power to you if you can power through it.

If the step has already been nerfed, I don't expect it to get nerfed again...I hadn't realized it had since I didn't start this step until after the nerf.

I guess I just have to get serious about this otherwise it will likely never happen. Well...thanks for the pep talk I guess, lol.