Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    So basically its ok to take food off of peoples plates in Korea so we can just kill the dogs here in a kennel instead of over there for food.
    Maybe rethink raising DOGS for food and why that's fucking stupid to subsist on then come back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Here is the kicker. I don't hate Korean or Chinese people. Even when they torture or eat the dogs. I don't hate them because of their colour of their skin or that they are from china or Korea, I hate their culture, I hate their customs, but not the people.

That's not racism.
    Also known as the cowards work around being labeled a racist. "I hate their culture, their customs and refer to them as savages but I never said anything about their skin color so I ain't racist!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    I see now the pinnacle of human arrogance. " We know better so lets wipe away millions of years of evolution cause we think its flawed"
    This is the same Human ignorance than brings "Well we're number 1 so let's eat everything" to the fore.

Maybe rethink raising DOGS for food and why that's fucking stupid to subsist on then come back?
    I dont see the issue with it, thats what they eat. Its just a dog. We do exactly the same thing with cows, chickens and pigs on a much larger scale here in the US. Where is the outcry?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Also known as the cowards work around being labeled a racist. "I hate their culture, their customs and refer to them as savages but I never said anything about their skin color so I ain't racist!"
    Well, let's do a little test shall we:

Do I hate people based on the color of their skin? No.
    Do I hate people who come over to my country and accept MY customs? No.
    Do I hate people in THEIR country who don't follow the customs I dislike? No.
    Do I hate the people in THEIR country who follow the customs I dislike? Yes.

So how am I racist? I hate the fact that most Chinese people and Koreans accept this, but I know many don't. I hate a fuck ton of Chinese customs, but Dog-eating is relevant to this thread. Like I said, I lived there for a fair bit, I know alot and I know what I dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see the issue with it, thats what they eat. Its just a dog. We do exactly the same thing with cows, chickens and pigs on a much larger scale here in the US. Where is the outcry?
    Dogs are Carnivores first. Can you name a single Carnivore we breed to eat?

Exactly the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly the case.
    Exactly not. But clearly, every instant of disliking something from another culture is racism then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    I have a better Idea. We could just grow our meat in the lab without it being part of an animal, that way most vegetarians and vegans have no moral reason to not eat meat left.

It's sorely lacking. It regains some power among the public whenever there's footage from inside some slaughterhouse or farm, but most cases are never uncovered. The suffocation of chickens when entire flocks are contaminated is common practice in the chicken industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's sorely lacking. It regains some power among the public whenever there's footage from inside some slaughterhouse or farm, but most cases are never uncovered. The suffocation of chickens when entire flocks are contaminated is common practice in the chicken industry.
    I wonder if you protest against Halal meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how am I racist? I hate the fact that most Chinese people and Koreans accept this, but I know many don't. I hate a fuck ton of Chinese customs, but Dog-eating is relevant to this thread. Like I said, I lived there for a fair bit, I know alot and I know what I dislike.
    Because you've failed to logically explain why eating dogs is "objectively" wrong. Your entire argument is based on emotion. Emotions which are leading you to refer to these people as "savages" simply because you don't like their food practices.

Sounds like an excuse to me, not sure what being a "carnivore first" matters. Its just a food source for them, nothing more nothing less.

To be honest, we should be shipping them dogs and cats from the US that are just gonna get killed in a shelter anyways, not taking theirs for nothing more than a feel good moment that will be forgotten in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold up!
    For your convenience:

racism
    ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    noun: racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

So when we're talking culture, you simply cannot keep calling someone a racist with no justification. I hate parts of American culture too - for example how you love throwing the term "racist" around without apparently even knowing what it means. That doesn't make me a racist, does it?

In extreme cases you could call them out as a Xenophobe, but when someone has moral objections to how things are done in another culture, are you really going to tell them their morals are "wrong" while acting as a moral crusader yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What's the point? This is as equivalent as India buying 46 cows from us.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't, I think some people want to feel like they made a difference.
    Possibly, here in the UK theres a few charity's which save dogs from being put down............................ rescued from Romania as well as other places.

Honestly, I can see why some people want to feel like that, we foster dogs from our local vets, some times puppies some times deaths door dogs. We find a joy in bringing up these dogs / making them comfortable, watch how some grow and change. To finish, watching them being homed to someone and seeing that persons face when they first see their potential dog especially when they actually walk away with that dog

Deleted
    Because you've failed to logically explain why eating dogs is "objectively" wrong. Your entire argument is based on emotion. Emotions which are leading you to refer to these people as "savages" simply because you don't like their food practices.
    Shit meat. Lacks anything when it comes to dietary needs, like most carnivore meat. Wastes resources to farm and by biological design will forever do so. tastes bland and stringy, Objective because every fucker in the world who has tasted Dog meat will confirm.

This isn't like the Horse meat/Beef scenario, Horse meat is very similar to beef, a little more lean and has less taste, but still contains all the objective benefits of eating a herbivores meat.

Dogs, especially the dogs bred for eating; are thin and gangly. They are sold as a foodstuff for novelty hence why it IS becoming more socially looked down upon in China and Korea.

I mean really, do you people even know why they eat Dog in China?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an excuse to me, not sure what being a "carnivore first" matters. Its just a food source for them, nothing more nothing less.

To be honest, we should be shipping them dogs and cats from the US that are just gonna get killed in a shelter anyways, not taking theirs for nothing more than a feel good moment that will be forgotten in a week.
    So you're just stupid then, understood.

Learn child's level of biology please.

TBH, even vets aren't sure about them, some vets say they're omnivores, because they can eat pretty much anything, others say that they're carnivores, because they're wild brethren, wolves, are carnivores, but unlike wolfs dogs are extremely adaptive carnivores and can live on grain based diet

For instance, many people don't know it, but chickens and pigs are omnivores, they eat both meat and veggies, chickens often eat their own eggs, chicks, bugs, worms, pigs will eat literally anything they can fit into their mouths, even annoying piglets, that's the reason why farmers don't allow mature boars to be around small piglets.

I used to live on farm when I was a kid, I've seen some bizarre shit
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-27 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBH, even vets aren't sure about them, some vets say they're omnivores, because they can eat pretty much anything, others say that they're carnivores, extremely adaptive carnivores

For instance, many people don't know it, but chickens and pigs are omnivores, they both meat and veggies alike, chickens often eat their own eggs, chicks, bugs, worms, pigs will eat literally anything they can fit into their mouths, even annoying piglets, that's the reason why farmers don't allow mature boars to be around small piglets.

I used to live on farm when I was a kid, I've seen some bizarre shit
    Dogs are Carnivores, just not Hyper-Carnivores. They can process a few rare plants, usually tubers and roots, and Eggs. However, they cannot subsist on Grain or Leafage.

This is why Dogs are shit livestock animals and usually why most carnivores are. Another is their diet to mass ratio. A Dog needs to eat far more food than you'll ever get off of it.

Things like Sheep,Goats, Cows and even Horses are much more efficient creatures for food. All of this factors in to the taste of the meat as well I may add, which is why Dog is just piss poor meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit meat. Lacks anything when it comes to dietary needs, like most carnivore meat. Wastes resources to farm and by biological design will forever do so. tastes bland and stringy, Objective because every fucker in the world who has tasted Dog meat will confirm.

This isn't like the Horse meat/Beef scenario, Horse meat is very similar to beef, a little more lean and has less taste, but still contains all the objective benefits of eating a herbivores meat.

Dogs, especially the dogs bred for eating; are thin and gangly. They are sold as a foodstuff for novelty hence why it IS becoming more socially looked down upon in China and Korea.

I mean really, do you people even know why they eat Dog in China?
    Ah yes the subjective nature of taste. Durians also smell and taste like ass to a lot of people and yet they're a favorite of others. Taste is funny like that.

And let me guess they eat dog because according to you they're just sociopaths that love to torture poor wittle puppies for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    Last I checked plants were alive. Why is it OK to eat plants but not animals?

Deleted
    Ah yes the subjective nature of taste. Durians also smell and taste like ass to a lot of people and yet they're a favorite of others. Taste is funny like that.

And let me guess they eat dog because according to you they're just sociopaths that love to torture poor wittle puppies for shits and giggles.
    Funny you should mention that, Because yes, for the Chinese especially, I could angle their culture does to create Sociopaths. Like I said before, their overarching culture seems to strangle empathy.

Also "Muh subjective taste" is a lie. Dog is a shit tasting meat, people who like it, objectively, have poor taste.