Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Glad you speak for the ever dwindling player base.
    I don't speak for anyone other than myself hence why I used my personal experience last expansion as an example. I think flying should be in the game personally.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)
    2. Questing (pop in pop out competition)
    3. Rares etc (flyers get there faster, so I miss out on the kill if I don't fly)
    4. Puzzle quests/achieves (I assume will be removed as flying will make them trivial)

You may be interested to know that WoW is an MMO, and that what other people do has a big impact on what you do.
    Now that wasn't so difficult!

And now that you've actually outlined reasons, I can perfectly understand why you see flying the way that you do. I personally don't believe you'll have as much trouble as you may think you will (as someone else pointed out, gathering nodes are shared, and the flying puzzles probably won't let you use a mount since they are instanced, also rares and mobs re-spawn rather quickly), but I can at least understand where you're coming from.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    It'll be nice to fly about again and enjoy my flying mounts some more, since I don't use them as ground mounts atm.
    I just use the first half of Legion/WoD as time to enjoy my ground mounts, then enjoy my flying mounts the rest of the time. I have some cool ground ones I don't get to see often due to flying.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Yeah... and then it became a pain in arse that it was ever introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I like WoW.... is that a problem ? Or is WoW reserved just for people who hate it and whinge about no content and about non existent grinding and stuff ?
    Then flying obviously isn't important if you're still enjoying WoW throughout 10 years of flying

So - the people who are doing these things will be polite enough to wait the extra time it takes for me to get there ?

NOPE - I'll have to use a flying mount to compete ... that's the point.
    Unless you are talking about rare mobs that require a group to kill then yes, your group should wait for you to get there. If you are talking about the rare spawns all over the zones they are on a 15 minute spawn timer and are almost constantly up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flying should have been in 7.0
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I just use the first half of Legion/WoD as time to enjoy my ground mounts, then enjoy my flying mounts the rest of the time. I have some cool ground ones I don't get to see often due to flying.
    Exactly, I do the same thing because it's nice to ride my raptors and what not. That and I'm slightly annoyed at watching a large drake or wavey cloud serpent slide along the ground. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerthos View Post
    3. They respawn every 15 minutes
    15 min?

you mean 1 min.

some rares even respawn almost instantly.

Formerly known as Arafal

So - the people who are doing these things will be polite enough to wait the extra time it takes for me to get there ?

NOPE - I'll have to use a flying mount to compete ... that's the point.
    Why do you want everyone to be miserable just so that you can enjoy yourself?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like to explore world from ground, but content is not new anymore and flying will bring some fresh air. Plus this is great stuff for alts. But I think it is mistake to release flying in "old" zones and Broken Shore at the same time, I think it should be like that:

- flying on Broken Isles unlocked with 7.1.5, reward for Pathfinder 1 obtainable since day 1
    - Pathfinder 2 with 7.2, but flying on Broken Shore unlocked 7.2.5
    - similar stuff with Argus and 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why do you want everyone to be miserable just so that you can enjoy yourself?
    Welcome to the No-Fly crowd
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why would anybody be unhappy about something they don't need to get if they don't want
    thought you knew better than to try a logical argument on these boards :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm happy it will be available in current zones, but I'll be happier once I unlock it in a couple weeks.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I'm happy that after hopefully no more then few weeks, I'll be able to get around without getting stuck in a terrain becasue I looked away for a moment and veered slightly off the road. I'm happy that now getting to that objective that's right above me will only be a few seconds instead of long and pointless going half across the zone to be able to double back, because there is no direct path. oh and leveling alts will be nice. going through the mess of legion zones once without flying mount was more then enough :/ hell, i might actualy get to genuinely enjoy the story now.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-27 at 06:57 PM.

Why would anyone be unhappy? Ground mounts will still work. No content is removed for those who do not like flying, only added for those who do! Win for everyone!

There are parts of the terrain that I will be overjoyed to never have to consider again, since they seemed purely there to aggravate.
    That rounded mountain in Azsuna, especially around Nor'danil Wellspring...
    The endless "puzzles" of the Stormheim, like looking for hooks near Aggramar's Vault...
    Highmountain in general...

Good riddance.
    Now I won't have to waste my time "playing" the get-there game and I can actually play the game.
    I'm very happy they'll be adding it back, even if it will take weeks more of waiting to get it.

Really happy that the game and the Warcraft experience will be complete again, at last.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
    Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Oddly enough, I'm surprisingly indifferent to this issue. I have loved the groundmount expansion thus far.

The only real thing I'm absolutely loving to get rid of, though, is my water strider. Good riddance.

Tomorrow? More like a month from now, lol.

It's like you don't even read what the requirements are, Jaylock.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    If you've actually looked at the reputation gains for Legionfall, its not going to take that long, however, one of the requirements is repelling 4 invasions, which dont start until the 3rd US 4th EU. Completing 1 invasion rewards 1500rep, plus doing the story and killing rares and you get rep for helping build the buildings in Broken Shores, minimum of 1 week depending on the time between invasions (if its like 2 hours between invasions, then you can potentially get 9000rep from doing them in a day, neutral to revered is 21000), 2 weeks if they are like twice a day.