Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well, I'm pretty sure legendaries are almost always BIS just because they have more stats at ilvl 940.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    At Elisande at the moment and I'm sure skill has a bigger impact on whatever boss you're on. No debate there.
    Legendaries do make quite a difference for some classes however and with the tuning of Nighthold and how little normal gear actually matters, legendaries becomes even more important.

There is no way around this. If you want to be competative you need good legendaries in most cases.
    Except we're now working on guldan and PLENTY of our raiders don't have "bis" legendaries, and are doing just fine - the only guilds where legendary tuning really mattered were the ones to kill pre-change Star augur/Elisande (as in, before they were made doable with more than 2 healers). I mean fuck, Werdup, one of the best enhancement shamans worldwide raids in my guild - he didn't get a good Enh legendary until last week, when he finally got the bloodlust head. Hasn't stopped him from achieving a constant stream of top 10's for his class, though.
    If you're not in one of those super early pushing guilds, you're putting the blame on the wrong thing. Are you going to do *less* dps than someone with the proper legendaries? Yes. Are you going to be doing *enough* damage to warrant a raid spot with two subpar legendaries? Also yes, if you can play your class. Any destro lock, even without legendaries, will absolutely carry Elisande's add damage requirements for example. Our warlock on our first kill even wore portal-legs for the utility's sake, because we used a gateway to get back to elisande for beams after baiting the singularity, and he still out damaged everyone by over 100K dps, because he knows how to play the game and the fight is designed for warlocks to wreak havoc (get it? It's a joke).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-03-27 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Except we're now working on guldan and PLENTY of our raiders don't have "bis" legendaries, and are doing just fine - the only guilds where legendary tuning really mattered were the ones to kill pre-change Star augur/Elisande (as in, before they were made doable with more than 2 healers). I mean fuck, Werdup, one of the best enhancement shamans worldwide raids in my guild - he didn't get a good Enh legendary until last week, when he finally got the bloodlust head. Hasn't stopped him from achieving a constant stream of top 10's for his class, though.
    If you're not in one of those super early pushing guilds, you're putting the blame on the wrong thing. Are you going to do *less* dps than someone with the proper legendaries? Yes. Are you going to be doing *enough* damage to warrant a raid spot with two subpar legendaries? Also yes, if you can play your class. Any destro lock, even without legendaries, will absolutely carry Elisande's add damage requirements for example. Our warlock on our first kill even wore portal-legs for the utility's sake, because we used a gateway to get back to elisande for beams after baiting the singularity, and he still out damaged everyone by over 100K dps, because he knows how to play the game and the fight is designed for warlocks to wreak havoc (get it? It's a joke).
    And if all these raiders with worthless legendaries had actually bother getting the good ones you'd be done now. Whats your point?
    Skill matters more but legendaries really do make quite a big difference. Even more so when you're not the best of players and you need gear to carry you.

I am pretty much in the same boat. I started the expansion off as Destro because it was the most versatile spec at the time and it did the best at low gear levels. First one I got was the Rain of Fire ring, then the Havoc cloak 2 weeks later. Then I went over a month before getting my third legendary, and by that time the patch notes were out for 7.1 and Affliction was looking to be the best spec so I switched. Since then I got Portal legs, Corruption ring, Sephuz, and just finally got my first "decent" one which are the bracers but those still rank like 4th/5th best out of the Affliction ones.

I tried some sims with the Helm+Cloak or Helm+Belt and with just the helm I think it was a 40-50k DPS upgrade, and with both it was 70-100k. I am already 910 equipped so at this point upgrades are mainly going to come from titanforging RNG yet changing my 2 legendaries can give me almost 100k DPS boost. It is a really shitty feeling to think that even if you play perfectly you could be doing so much more if you were just lucky with your drops. Not to mention not having the helm limits my choice in specs because the helm synergizes much better with Soul Effigy builds. The MG/Contagion/SL/Effigy build is quite a bit stronger compared to SC but that is only with the helm. Running that build without the helm isn't optimal from what I understand.

I feel like I am a hindrance to our guild since they could just recruit a different lock with better legendaries and gear him up to match me and they would be better off. I wouldn't mind rerolling and leveling a new lock for better legendaries, which several other people in the guild already did, but at this point I think I have too much gear to throw away. Not to mention the fact that we have yet to start progressing on Elisande and eventually Gul'dan where I will likely need to play Destro. I was hoping to get at least 1 good Aff legendary by now so I could swap to Destro loot spec in preparation for Elisande/Gul'dan but not getting any good Aff legendaries has prevented me in doing so. In all likelihood they will just sit me for those fights for something that isn't really in my control.
    Last edited by noremac; 2017-03-27 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Maybe you're just better than everyone else.
    Most guilds are still stuck on 3/10 though.

In my guild, most people with bad ones have rerolled, switched to alts or quit by now.
    We're 2 months into the content, with over 2 months before the next raid. It's actually normal... and guilds getting stuck on a certain boss where difficulty just increases by a lot has been a thing since WoW is a game. Every raid instance, or most of them, have had blocks for guilds, and there wasn't anything like legendaries or traits blocking players... so i don't understand why people expected it to be different this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    We're 2 months into the content, with over 2 months before the next raid. It's actually normal... and guilds getting stuck on a certain boss where difficulty just increases by a lot has been a thing since WoW is a game. Every raid instance, or most of them, have had blocks for guilds, and there wasn't anything like legendaries or traits blocking players... so i don't understand why people expected it to be different this time around.
    In most tiers you'd be able to get gear that made thoes bosses doable after a few weeks of grinding.
    Thats not the case in Legion.

Thats not the point here though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morfx View Post
    Not that a disagree with the overall idea of "get over it" but for this point, have u ever played Destiny? its a mid way to what u just said here and works like a fucking charm. If u haven´t basically other than just flat out changing gear for a new upgrade u can actually consume the upgrade to increase ilvl of your gear, only if its higher ilvl but u keep the secondary stats/modifiers.
    Yeah I played Destiny and found it's gearing method to be a pretty good balance between getting excited about an upgrade, and not being disheartened about RNG