Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect you miss the entire point, once flying is back - no-one can ignore it.

I don't like day light savings, I detest day light savings and don't have daylight savings - but 4 times a year it causes huge upsets in my business life, so I can't ignore it.

That's the point - it is the systemic change that flying brings that I don't want.
    "I can't ride on the ground anymore because flight exists" is the lamest BS around. You can. Do you give up some advantages? Sure. What's more important to you, getting those advantages or seeing the world from the ground?

DST is 2x a year, btw.

Deleted
    Very happy. Will save me much time doing WQs

Unhappy. Flying should never return as something available in current expansion. Too bad Blizzard haven't enough spine to stick with it.

Yeah, I am very happy to be able to grind something I was able to do for 8 years. (no, actually, not at all). Voted Indifferent, since it does not change anything. Yes, you will be able to level alts faster - if you're stupid enough to waste your time leveling alts, when you could run another dozen of MoS instead and get some AP to buff your main.

Too late, too grindy, too gated. It does not feel like a reward. It feels like you've been send to prison @7.0 and now, if you work hard enough, you're allowed to break free for a couple of months. Until 7.3, where you'll be inevitably put in prison again, despite all your hard work. Funniest thing here is you're being locked in prison to cater to laziness and greed of developers, who don't want to pour additional money into developing a world where freedom is dangerous - or, more precisely, where anything is dangerous at all. Less is more idiocy all over again, with only one winner - mr. Kotick and his phat bank account.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-03-27 at 08:06 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Flying won't be back for weeks and it's way too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    People will always take the path of least resistance, even if its not the best path.
    But that's their CHOICE. I'm sick and tired of adults acting like they can't exercise their own willpower in a game.

Other MMO's have already failed because they trivialized the world through fast travel options like flying. If flying was granted ant level 1, 12 years ago, I doubt World of Warcraft being as successful as it is.
    You are new. flight was in the game for almost EIGHT YEARS from TBC through MoP. That was during it's most successful period as a matter of fact. This statement just reeks of someone who hasn't played WoW at all or until very very recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And so it will continue endlessly.....
    except the first quote has no supporting reasoning just "I don't like it"
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-03-27 at 08:08 PM.

Happy about flying being introduced. Getting around the world and getting to world quest/ world boss locations will be much easier...especially in Highmountain and Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should never return as something available in current expansion. Too bad Blizzard haven't enough spine to stick with it.
    The "spine" would be to stick with the feature that's been with the game through 3 of its most praised expansions so far, and been in the game for longer than it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Don't be stupid now.

There is no inbetween. Either no one flies or everyone flies.
    #headdesk - You can use your own willpower and choose which to do. Quit acting like the game controls you. And if it does? Grow a spine.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-03-27 at 08:07 PM.

With the flight paths, whistle, 2 heaths I really don't even care. If you have a problem going around the broken isles at this point you're just not caring about optimizing your time. Flying will save a few seconds for each world quest at this point.

In WoD I never bothered to fly, Tanaan and its requirements felt boring to do and I just continued with ground mounts. Legion the requirements are fine and I will unlock flying as I generally prefer it.

If you feel forced to "fly" because others have it then you should remember a lot of players wanted to fly but couldnt. Its all swings and round abouts.

Unlocking flying was fun in WoD, but it really lost a lot of it's charm with Legion.

Personally, I am ready to go back to the TBC way of unlocking it, with a gold sink 2 levels out from max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    hey guise i heard you like to explain opinions with MSpaint, so i got my 2cents kk
    :snip:
    LOL! nice!

That infographic is definitely me after I have leveled my first character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcaller View Post
    I don't mind flying coming back, considering Legion has been out for a while now.

On the point of how flying affects everyone, it's really concerning so many people don't understand the implications. Granted, with shared mobs and nodes, it's not as dramatic. The overlying issue is the lack of imersion. WoW is an MMO. This means you are playing with lots of different people. When users are able to fly around wherever they please, you don't encounter others as often. Flying makes the world smaller and lonlier. It's that simple.
    Where do you feel people in the world? Near WQs. YOu'll still see that. You almost never see people in some random corner of the world unless there's a quest near by... and at quest spots...people never talk. run to mob. Kill Mob. Ride away or use whistle.
    Now, the game has changed dramatically since I started playing in BC, but my most fond memories were when I came across other adventurers out in the world.
    BC? You mean the expansion where they introduced flight? I thought flight killed immersion....
    Even at the start of this expansion, I almost had that same wholesome feeling when doing world quests for the first time. It was a real joy talking to others in general trying to get enough people to do things; something I haven't had to do in a long time.
    People will still be in General. Flight has nothing to do with that.
    Things are quite different now with LRF, X-realms, etc, so the community isn't as prevelent as is used to be, which makes it hard to encounter people you can develop a friendship with.
    BOOM, that's the real issue. not flight.
    I'm not saying I want or even expect the "good ole days" to return, but it's a very real experience many WoW players have had. So when someone says they don't want people to fly, it's not that they are trying to ruin your fun, they just have experienced the game in a way others haven't noticed enough to appreciate. I could go on and on about it, but there's really no need to.
    AGAIN, you started during an expansion when flight existed and it was there for the next EIGHT years. If you long for those days, you long for days when you could fly.

no never this earning the flight is so much better.. the flight whistle has made me not even miss flying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'll repeat what I said. You should have Part one by now since it's been 8 months.

Revered with Legionfall. Takes upto 2 weeks.
    Defeat one invasion in each zone of the Broken Isles. (Suramar doesn't have any)
    Explore Broken Shore.

So again. What "longass grind"?
    ^^ random crap for 10 character minimum

Well now what do i do with all my gliders?????

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    ^^ random crap for 10 character minimum
    So you have no actual argument? 2 weeks is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koltec View Post
    no never this earning the flight is so much better.. the flight whistle has made me not even miss flying
    like the whistle but it's not flight TO the place I want to go. For some things it's fine - I can FP to a nearby location, ride to it, do the quest, whistle out. But here is the thing - if it's that easy, what do we LOSE by enabling flight? It's like saying "I don't care about finishing the race" when you're 90% around the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, what? I'm most certainly not afraid of playing and exploration, and I love the freedom of flying. Guess out of all them voters, only the 13% are not "afraid of playing"... Hahaha!

And hate to break it to you, but Broken Isles zones are being updated to stay relevant with 7.2. Would not surprise me if they are with 7.3 as well, so sucks to be you I guess since you obviously can't enjoy this game with flying...

Also, Argus is a broken world. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they allow us to fly in it in order to really make use of that fact.
    Prepare to be disappointed, because there's literally 0% chance they'll make Argus flyable. It's extra work for a zone that'll be used for a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

If you haven't done part 1 yet then that is on you. It's been out for 8 months.
    And I un subbed 6 months ago because Legion is exceptionally lame. Meh... thought I would come back for flying... but now that 7.2 is here, and I see that it's only more of the same lame AP/legendary grind clicking nuts and squirrels... I don't think I'll be coming back. Not now... or at any time int he future. Blizzard just has lost it's passion for WoW