Deleted

Question Will I be able to purchase AK Level 25 when 7.2 releases?

Hi Guys, sorry, but I cant find a definitive answer to this question.

I want to switch from my main to my alt in 7.2, but my alt is currently just researching AK 24, and AK 25 wont be done until Sunday. Now I've read on reddit that you can buy AK 25 when 7.2 launches straight away.

Also on the frontpage, it reads:
    • Be sure you have enough Order Resources to max out your Artifact Knowledge to 25.

The way the system right now works that you would have to be AK 30 on your main to purchase the AK 25 book on your alt. Will this be changed up to 25 in patch 7.2?

Thanks, I would appreciate an answer

Yes. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    A) It's possible to get AK26 w/o having 35 traits;
    B) You have to have AK25 to be able to start AK26 quest, but if you for some reason don't have AK25 yet, you'll be able to purchase missing AK levels in your OH for 500 resources each;
    C) You need 35 traits to start artefact empowerment questline.

Source: Personally tested it on PTR.

Deleted
    Thanks man! Do you know what happens to my research that's already going on by the time the patch hits? Will it just get canceled?

Deleted
    Are you sure that this wasn't a PTR-only feature?

I've never read anywhere, that you can simply buy AK levels up to 25 like that.

You can buy the tome for alts but that's 5 level behind your current one, so AK 20 max at the moment.
    Or you can buy Individual AK levels up to 15 for a completely new character (without any alts).

Could be that I missed that announcement, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Are you sure that this wasn't a PTR-only feature?

I've never read anywhere, that you can simply buy AK levels up to 25 like that.

You can buy the tome for alts but that's 5 level behind your current one, so AK 20 max at the moment.
    Or you can buy Individual AK levels up to 15 for a completely new character (without any alts).

Could be that I missed that announcement, though.
    They rarely add anything like that as a PTR only feature. Too much PITA.

Many people still don't know that they can purchase AK up to level 15 on new chars w/o mains, so I think Blizz simply gave up on explaining it.

However, I don't remember if it (repeatable quest to purchase AK ranks) becomes available before you complete broken shore scenario to set up your base there or after that.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-27 at 08:12 PM.

I am still confused on what the situation is if your main is below level 25 on patch launch. The Blue post alludes to you being caught up instantly (along the lines of "Don't worry if you aren't 25, there's a quest in Dalaran for that").

Does this mean that my main, who is AK 19, will get a quest to get to AK 25, then a quest with a tome to get to AK 26, then be able to turn in my AK research order that is schedule to be done tomorrow evening to be at AK 27?

Sorry if this seems redundant, there are so many different answers on this issue it seems difficult to understand what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    I am still confused on what the situation is if your main is below level 25 on patch launch. The Blue post alludes to you being caught up instantly (along the lines of "Don't worry if you aren't 25, there's a quest in Dalaran for that").

Does this mean that my main, who is AK 19, will get a quest to get to AK 25, then a quest with a tome to get to AK 26, then be able to turn in my AK research order that is schedule to be done tomorrow evening to be at AK 27?

Sorry if this seems redundant, there are so many different answers on this issue it seems difficult to understand what will happen.
    go to your order hall, look for a ! above your researcher, repeat quest to AK 25, profit

(be ready though, it is 500 OH resource per quest)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    go to your order hall, look for a ! above your researcher, repeat quest to AK 25, profit

So this works even if you main is < 25, good to know. Are you able to answer the second two parts? Appreciate your help.

Also, I have about 450 bloods from launch still that I never used, so I'm all set on resources!

So this works even if you main is < 25, good to know. Are you able to answer the second two parts? Appreciate your help.

Also, I have about 450 bloods from launch still that I never used, so I'm all set on resources!
    26 comes from the broken shore questline, and as soon as you get that you can start researching 27

They'll either autocomplete all active researches when 7.2 goes live, or you'll have to wait till it's done, for instance, if you're at AK20, you have 2 completed researches lying on the floor next to NPC, you'll be able to purchase only 3 AK levels.

You won't be able to cheese anything.

You shouldn't be able to purchase rank 25 on alts via compendium until you reach 30 AK
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    You shouldn't be able to purchase rank 25 on alts via compendium until you reach 30 AK
    We aren't talking about compendiums.

Blizz wants everyone to be at AK25 ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    They'll either autocomplete all active researches when 7.2 goes live, or you'll have to wait till it's done, for instance, if you're at AK20, you have 2 completed researches lying on the floor next to NPC, you'll be able to purchase only 3 AK levels.

You won't be able to cheese anything.
    I wasn't trying to cheese anything, I just resubbed for the first time since just after EN dropped. I started a 2-day AK research order last night that is scheduled to be done tomorrow evening (after the patch is dropped). This is before I knew of *any* catch up mechanic in the first place.

Will be interested in seeing how it ends up being handled.

I wasn't trying to cheese anything, I just resubbed for the first time since just after EN dropped. I started a 2-day AK research order last night that is scheduled to be done tomorrow evening (after the patch is dropped). This is before I knew of *any* catch up mechanic in the first place.

Will be interested in seeing how it ends up being handled.
    As far as I remember when compendiums came out, if you had research going it auto finished up to whatever level the compendium was. Good guess would be that any research would auto complete I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thewax View Post
    Thanks man! Do you know what happens to my research that's already going on by the time the patch hits? Will it just get canceled?
    Gets cancelled. The same thing happens if you start it at let's say AK1 and you get the BoA one that increases to 20, the scroll then gives nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Gets cancelled. The same thing happens if you start it at let's say AK1 and you get the BoA one that increases to 20, the scroll then gives nothing
    Actually, if you start 2 research at AK 1 the Compendium will complete those 2 researches and put you up to 18, you then use the 2 you started to go 20. Source: Had this happen.

Deleted

This is NOT true. Thanks for incorrect information. Just dinged 110 and I look at my artifact researcher npc in my order hall and all he does is giving me the option to go research lvl1 and 2... No quest or anything.

Meanwhile i'm happily AK26 with my main. So am i really forced to buy the AK20 tome on my main and send it to my alt? And wait for like a month in the process to ever reach AK26 just like my main?

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    This is NOT true. Thanks for incorrect information. Just dinged 110 and I look at my artifact researcher npc in my order hall and all he does is giving me the option to go research lvl1 and 2... No quest or anything.

Meanwhile i'm happily AK26 with my main. So am i really forced to buy the AK20 tome on my main and send it to my alt? And wait for like a month in the process to ever reach AK26 just like my main?
    I just dinged 110 yesterday on my Paladin, Sent 20 AK to him from one of my other ones with 25 AK, used it. Went to my order hall research guy, did a repeatable quest to AK 25. Went to do the Broken Shore, am now AK 26.

Just because you either have done something wrong or are bugged doesn't make it incorrect information, this was all first hand info.

Edit for proof:

http://imgur.com/a/nIUFi

http://imgur.com/a/GbkYQ

Deleted
    I just dinged 110 yesterday on my Paladin, Sent 20 AK to him from one of my other ones with 25 AK, used it. Went to my order hall research guy, did a repeatable quest to AK 25. Went to do the Broken Shore, am now AK 26.

Just because you either have done something wrong or are bugged doesn't make it incorrect information, this was all first hand info.

Edit for proof:

http://imgur.com/a/nIUFi

http://imgur.com/a/GbkYQ
    Aha, i see. I`ll refute the incorrect information than, instead it was incomplete. He did not describe sending the AK20 book to the alt first. As i read his post, i should have been able to just walk to the npc with AK1 and than buy my way up. Which is what i did.. and was confused. But i`ll send the Ak20 book first now and see if that works.