Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1881 View Post
    This is still a very flawed line of argument. If they put a free mythic T20 vendor in Dalaran that shouldn't affect the raiding community. The Tomb of Sargeras would still be in the game! You could still kill bosses for the gear if you really want to........
    Not at all. You're comparing apples and oranges. Hating on flying is like hating on pet battles. You can enjoy the whole rest of the game just fine while ignoring either of them.

Flawed arguments are those supporting "I don't want it in game because I don't personally care for it." If that's the case, ignore it, get on your ground mount and enjoy the game the way you want to. Nobody is stopping you.

If I was still playing, I would be somewhat happy.

The gating with it is shit and one of the reasons I hanged my hat up with Legion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And no one stops me from running a marathon on one leg. The point is that no one will willingly cripple themselves when there's an easier solution, just like levelling without heirlooms when you have them is a dumb idea.
    so you have this commie mentality that everyone should be crippled? it's like asking the gov to ban navigators because you like using a paper maps and ask random peoples for directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point is, limiting everyone to the ground makes it to where NO ONE has any unfair advantage based on "what you like more"
    Me flying doesn't effect your Gameplay unless its on a PVP server and u want to kill me.

I'm not on a PVP server therefore flying should not have been disabled on my server.

Removing choice is NEVER a good thing for anything. You want to walk then walk, don't force me to walk because it will just make me quit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Yay now time for the arcade game with dead zones again. Instant gratification ftw

Kinda indifferent but Legion has shown that flying isn't needed at all. It's convenient but the way it trivializes things isn't my type of game design so overall I'm unhappy it's a things from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Kinda indifferent but Legion has shown that flying isn't needed at all.
    That's kinda funny because the Flight Master's Whistle proves this to not be true. Blizzard themselves even know getting around is a fucken nightmare.

Kinda indifferent but Legion has shown that flying isn't needed at all. It's convenient but the way it trivializes things isn't my type of game design so overall I'm unhappy it's a things from the get go.
    yeah its needed. some of us enjoy world content quite a bit and don't need to get a drink or take a piss 5 times an hour when going on afk-bait flight paths.

wow doesn't need flying if it adopts a decent travel mechanic, but as long as repetitive, afk-bait, boring flight paths are the way to get around...flying is a requirement and you'll continue to see the polls prove it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    so you have this commie mentality that everyone should be crippled? it's like asking the gov to ban navigators because you like using a paper maps and ask random peoples for directions.
    It's funny you people keep replying but you fail to see the point. As soon as you introduce a mechanic or developer choice that makes it easier with an alternative, why pick the slower ones? Dungeon levelling vs world levelling.
    You're the same people who ask for more content yet put out your hand as soon as there's a faster alternative, essentially rendering the whole other part useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's kinda funny because the Flight Master's Whistle proves this to not be true. Blizzard themselves even know getting around is a fucken nightmare.
    But that's what I'm saying, there are other solutions to that very problem. The whistle is more than enough to move about when you need to get out of that remote location. Another solution would be that all quests auto complete like the world quests. Flying is a mere convenience but one that trivializes the content on a massive scale.

Happy to finally negate Legions HORRIBLE terrain. Having your path blocked by EVERYTHING every 10 yards got old real quick.

But that's what I'm saying, there are other solutions to that very problem. The whistle is more than enough to move about when you need to get out of that remote location. Another solution would be that all quests auto complete like the world quests. Flying is a mere convenience but one that trivializes the content on a massive scale.
    not true, its more than convenience. it is an interactive part of the game. you control it, you can jump off whenever you want for resources, pets, quests, etc etc. you're in control.

whistle + flight paths are not interactive parts of the game. they're boring, afk or alt+tab mechanics. dont lie and tell me you sit there watching the flight path you've been on 100 times go by excited to see the sights and sounds. lol. lets be real.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Yay now time for the arcade game with dead zones again. Instant gratification ftw
    Then that is a fundamental flaw of designing areas that ignore that flight exists instead of making zones that USE flying. If you're mad about that, be mad at the zone design, not at flying.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I'm a little nervous about the invasion achievement, to be honest. The last stage of each one is a 3-person scenario. I remember some of those sucking hardcore back in MoP when you get paired up with an Alt that's never played :/ I shouldn't have to depend on that to finally unlock flying
    From what I understand, the scenarios are suuuuper faceroll.

Worse case, go in as a tank spec and you can probably solo the achievement (BOA achieve, remember?) while the other 2 guys drool on the floor.

Flying is a mere convenience but one that trivializes the content on a massive scale.
    For you maybe, don't speak for others.

Before I quit I avoided World Quests. I avoided them for two reasons.

Getting to them was boring as shit and leaving them was boring as shit. The Whistle has a 5min CD, So if I did two quests together I had to still wait for the CD to come up. If I did one quest but already blew the CD I had to wait.

Its boring as hell, even more so when I could just hop on my dragon and fly away.

Blizzard should just have two servers, Flying and No-Flying servers. Or people just chose the way they want to mount.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)
    2. Questing (pop in pop out competition)
    3. Rares etc (flyers get there faster, so I miss out on the kill if I don't fly)
    4. Puzzle quests/achieves (I assume will be removed as flying will make them trivial)

You may be interested to know that WoW is an MMO, and that what other people do has a big impact on what you do.
    The ONLY legit complaint here is herbs and even that is stretching things a bit.

1. Nodes are shared. Yes, someone will get to them faster, but you will also be able to get to many of them before they despawn.
    2. CRZ already causes this. Also, shared taps are shared.
    3. Rares respawn quickly and only matter once. CRZ allows you to find another server the specific rare you are looking for is up on.
    4. The flight/glide world quests already dismount you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's funny you people keep replying but you fail to see the point. As soon as you introduce a mechanic or developer choice that makes it easier with an alternative, why pick the slower ones? Dungeon levelling vs world levelling.
    You're the same people who ask for more content yet put out your hand as soon as there's a faster alternative, essentially rendering the whole other part useless.
    Because you enjoy one type of content instead of the other. /facepalm

People solo raids and dungeons because they can, not because it's the most efficient. People play Darksouls with only the starting club and loincloth because they like the challenge, not because it's the most efficient.

But trying to tell someone ELSE that they HAVE to play the same way you do because it will somehow magically ruin your experience? GTFO with that nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    not true, its more than convenience. it is an interactive part of the game. you control it, you can jump off whenever you want for resources, pets, quests, etc etc. you're in control.
    Same as on a ground mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    whistle + flight paths are not interactive parts of the game. they're boring, afk or alt+tab mechanics. dont lie and tell me you sit there watching the flight path you've been on 100 times go by excited to see the sights and sounds. lol. lets be real.
    If you got time to alt tab when using the whistle I'd recommend a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For you maybe, don't speak for others.

Before I quit I avoided World Quests. I avoided them for two reasons.

Getting to them was boring as shit and leaving them was boring as shit. The Whistle has a 5min CD, So if I did two quests together I had to still wait for the CD to come up. If I did one quest but already blew the CD I had to wait.

Its boring as hell, even more so when I could just hop on my dragon and fly away.

Blizzard should just have two servers, Flying and No-Flying servers. Or people just chose the way they want to mount.
    If you're that unhappy with the game unless you're handed everything on that convenience silver platter perhaps it's time to find another one that actually entertains you...just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

But... what you just posted is exactly why not having flying is better than having flying.

I don't get it. Are you trying to prove yourself wrong? You're silly I like you.