Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Same as on a ground mount...

If you got time to alt tab when using the whistle I'd recommend a new computer.
    Same except slower, and many of us don't enjoy the travel portion of the game quite as much as you. Actually the majority, since polls always show the majority want flying

I guess I have time to alt+tab because my system does it instantly, maybe you should get an ssd lol

If you're that unhappy with the game unless you're handed everything on that convenience silver platter perhaps it's time to find another one that actually entertains you...just sayin'
    Ya because that's totally what I said.

Also to the bolded, I have I have found many other games to entertain me. Flying was one choice on top of many that burned me with legion.

The problem with people like you is you only want ur side. I'm willen to figure something out and the simple answer to this issue is servers that have it and servers that don't or disable it on PVP servers.

Tell me how does me flying on a PVE-RP server effect you are all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You could even say it goes back to TBC - or at least to WotLK (I think initially it was unlocked per character at lv 68 and not accountwide)
    You would be correct, it was per character.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Same except slower, and many of us don't enjoy the travel portion of the game quite as much as you.
    Who said I enjoy it, travel is a means to an end. It's not supposed to be enjoyable, it's supposed to provide the world with scale and make the player make an effort to achieve what they want.

Actually the majority, since polls always show the majority want flying
    And if asked the majority would want 925 loot sent to their mail every day...the majority argument is irrelevant when it comes to convenience as they always want more of it. Humans are convenient by nature.

I guess I have time to alt+tab because my system does it instantly, maybe you should get an ssd lol
    Ok, let me re-phrase, if you got time to do something meaningful while using the whistle you need a new comp. If not then you're just being silly with a pointless argument.

And my i7 with 2x SSD works just fine thank you very much. Besides who tabs out these days, I look at my second monitor instead...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2017-03-27 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya because that's totally what I said.

Also to the bolded, I have I have found many other games to entertain me. Flying was one choice on top of many that burned me with legion.

The problem with people like you is you only want ur side. I'm willen to figure something out and the simple answer to this issue is servers that have it and servers that don't or disable it on PVP servers.

Tel me how does me flying on a PVE-RP server effect you are all?

- - - Updated - - -

You would be correct, it was per character.
    Sorry but I have to disagree. This would be the single most waste of time and resources. Having flying as part of achievements can be a good thing. It gets you actively playing the game. Nothing wrong with that. It's an MMO at the end of the day so this is to be expected.

If you're that unhappy with the game unless you're handed everything on that convenience silver platter perhaps it's time to find another one that actually entertains you...just sayin'
    Or maybe he just wants to quickly get to the actual content he enjoys instead of having to slog through a bunch of time-wasting filler that he doesn't care about?

Ok, so you moved on, why do you care if flying is back or not? Seems silly to argue for or against something that has no impact on you what so ever.

Tell me how does me flying on a PVE-RP server effect you are all?
    But it does affect me, the game is designed with flying in mind once it's available. Same as LFR has no interest to me yet I'm still "forced" to run it due to various quests, bad luck protection and what not. So while you might think it's possible to have that choice the game isn't designed in such a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove flying completely.

Deleted
    I'm happy, not because I necessarily want flying back but I don't want flying to become an example to Blizzard.

They had a system that revolutionised the way we travel in the game for four expansions at max level (BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP), seven years ish.

They then decide to restrict this system in WoD, a system some people have put significant work into completing, through high end raiding mounts to farming rare drops.

People expect some systems to be expansion only, but when a system has become so integrated into the game over many years it's borderline immoral to just remove it.

It's be like removing dungeons and providing epic loot through elite world quests until half through the expansion because they want you to experience the outdoor world.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-03-27 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Or maybe he just wants to quickly get to the actual content he enjoys instead of having to slog through a bunch of time-wasting filler that he doesn't care about?
    Ok where do we draw the line then? Remove all trash from dungeons? Boss loot mailed to mailbox?

Exaggerations sure but time wasting is a part of online games, it's their purpose to waste your time.Everything can't be enjoyable and convenient, it's ruins the game design in other areas.

I should add that I really don't care as much as it might come off as, I just think it's a poor design decision from the get go to allow flying. When it's in game and available I use it same as the next guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    General question for the forums. Flying is back tomorrow. Are you happy its back?
    Dumb as allways it aint back tomorrow. you have to grind first ....

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And you can choose to ride on the ground if you want and run into the treasures and rares. The only thing on your image that flying avoids is the PVP which isnt relevant to those of us on PVE servers. I have no interest in a twisty annoying route in a zone I've been riding around in for months.
    Bad argument is bad for the billionth time. You can also choose to shoot yourself in the leg before a race in the Olympics, but who would do that? You argument holds no ground.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's an MMO. These games are like that.

Deleted
    That raid i have to do in order to complete pathfinder 1 bothers me. I haven't raided since vanilla and dunno how easy it is through LFR. I am a disc priest and i haven't got any legendary. Do you think its doable?

Happy that is a understatement.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Didn't WOD flying take a few weeks as well to unlock? For that first toon.

Deleted
    Yes, im happy. There is freedom in flying.

Ok where do we draw the line then? Remove all trash from dungeons? Boss loot mailed to mailbox?

Exaggerations sure but time wasting is a part of online games, it's their purpose to waste your time.Everything can't be enjoyable and convenient, it's ruins the game design in other areas.

I should add that I really don't care as much as it might come off as, I just think it's a poor design decision from the get go to allow flying. When it's in game and available I use it same as the next guy.
    Alternatively, you make more things interesting. Lets use Mythic+ as an example of that, because you brought up trash.

What purpose does trash in a non-mythic+ dungeon serve? There's no timer. They don't drop anything useful, or give rep. Why are they even there? But in Mythic+ not only do they add challenge because of the timer, but they also progressively change the dynamic of that challenge based on the higher M+ level you go. The trash has a purpose.

But in the open world? What does ANY of the stuff between you and where you want to go add to the experience? Especially when you've already cleared it hundreds of times previously? The answer: It doesn't. I'm not sure if something like M+ can be directly applied to the open world, but the point is that Blizzard should be ADDING relevance to the open world instead of simply taking away player options and forcing them to slog through stuff that was only marginally interesting the first time through, much less the 100th.

This is why people keep advocating the use of a waypoint system similar to Diablo 3 or GW2 instead of the garbage Flight Path system. It would get people where they want to be quickly, whether it's a world quest, or a dungeon entrance, or whatever. But if they're not going to do that, at least flying gives players the freedom to choose to drop down and interact with what they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    It's an MMO. These games are like that.
    False. Many modern MMOs have recognized that allowing players to conveniently get to the content they want to play is actually advantageous and enjoyable for the player. Hense fast-travel systems.

The requirements are a bullshit way for the devs to fuck with you and stroke their egos. If they want to tie achievements to flight than make killing mythic kil Jaeden 30 times a requirement(then you can't earrrrrrrrrrrrrn it)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Seriously - you just skip all the mobs with flying, pop in kill 1 thing - leave and then whinge about lack of content.
    Yea all those people crying about lack of content during wrath, bc and the only good patch and WoD. Since it's clear you dislike flying I better not see you on anything other than a ground mount.....ever. You aren't allowed to use the whistle or flight masters. Shit you seem so desparate for immersion that you shouldn't use mounts at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Bad argument is bad for the billionth time. You can also choose to shoot yourself in the leg before a race in the Olympics, but who would do that? You argument holds no ground.
    Then refute it. Idiotic arguments like yours are, well, idiotic.

If someone says "You know, I love to walk to work. I get to see the flowers, some nice views, etc" and then, the moment there's a bus route that takes them to work, they hop on the bus and argue they're forced to take the bus... does that sound rational? No. Because all of the reasons they stated for walking to work are still there.

NOW... it might be that they really liked walking to work... but not in the cold and snow, so they were happy to ride the bus then and walk other times. That's perfectly reasonable. Translating that to WoW, you might farm herbs etc via flying but generally ride around on the ground. THAT would be reasonable.

But if all you have to contribute is irrational bullshit with incredibly poor examples, don't bother hitting reply.

I don't mind. The folks who apparently are top shelf raiders yet seem stymied by the idea of steering a ground mount around a branch will certainly be overjoyed.