Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Ok where do we draw the line then? Remove all trash from dungeons? Boss loot mailed to mailbox?

Exaggerations sure but time wasting is a part of online games, it's their purpose to waste your time.Everything can't be enjoyable and convenient, it's ruins the game design in other areas.

I should add that I really don't care as much as it might come off as, I just think it's a poor design decision from the get go to allow flying. When it's in game and available I use it same as the next guy.
    Sigh. People connect your braincells before typing silly stuff like this. We HAD FLIGHT for eight years. The game didn't fail and in fact grew, producting expansions that most people liked a lot. Equating it to boss loot mailed to you is just shit logic. Try harder.

This is the topic that never ends; it goes on and on my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    False. Many modern MMOs have recognized that allowing players to conveniently get to the content they want to play is actually advantageous and enjoyable for the player. Hense fast-travel systems.
    I'm not bashing flying, just people shouldn't be surprised to grind for something in an MMO. Also, the only form of modern fast travel in WoW was added in legion. Flight paths are old and should be allowed to skip (for in game currency), like other games.

Flight is being added this week, so there really shouldn't be an argument anymore : p

I am excited for it because it makes leveling alts easier. But it does not matter someone will start a thread so they can now complain how it is ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Then refute it. Idiotic arguments like yours are, well, idiotic.

If someone says "You know, I love to walk to work. I get to see the flowers, some nice views, etc" and then, the moment there's a bus route that takes them to work, they hop on the bus and argue they're forced to take the bus... does that sound rational? No. Because all of the reasons they stated for walking to work are still there.

NOW... it might be that they really liked walking to work... but not in the cold and snow, so they were happy to ride the bus then and walk other times. That's perfectly reasonable. Translating that to WoW, you might farm herbs etc via flying but generally ride around on the ground. THAT would be reasonable.

But if all you have to contribute is irrational bullshit with incredibly poor examples, don't bother hitting reply.
    I just did. You were too slow to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea all those people crying about lack of content during wrath, bc and the only good patch and WoD. Since it's clear you dislike flying I better not see you on anything other than a ground mount.....ever. You aren't allowed to use the whistle or flight masters. Shit you seem so desparate for immersion that you shouldn't use mounts at all.
    I would also point out that the people complaining about lack of content aren't doing so simply because they could get to it more quickly with flying, but rather because the content was so weak and easily consumed in the first place.

Like I mentioned in my previous post: Maybe if the open world was actually challenging, or held some relevance other than pointless rep grinds, then people wouldn't be so quick to say there's nothing to do. Hell...even if open world mobs all dropped a little bit of AP it would be more useful and relevant than it is now. Because as it stands, right now there is literally no reason to do anything in the open world unless it happens to be for an emissary quest. Even the Invasion events are independent of the previous content.

Maybe Blizzard needs to apply M+ levels to the open world, and let people turn up the difficulty and rewards so there's a reason to repeat content. Or maybe make the open world scale with iLVL instead of character level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    This is the topic that never ends; it goes on and on my friends!
    That's because people aren't interested in actually finding a solution. They just want to crap on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It is being added in as obtainable tomorrow. Therefore flying is returning to the game tomorrow. Also 2 weeks at least to get it. Just because content takes time to unlock doesn't suddenly change it's release date.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol are you kidding?

Pathfinder part 1.
    Beat 1 invasion in each zone.
    Explore Broken Shore.
    Revered with Legionfall.

If you haven't done part 1 yet then that is on you. It's been out for 8 months.
    ALMOST done with Part 1....

However, idk where the other Suramar 7.0 side-questlines are, though...

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, Idc that much. Happy though....

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

Snip image
    This is also why I hate Flying.

I feel it makes the game more boring as a whole.

I thought the whistle was a perfect middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I'm not bashing flying, just people shouldn't be surprised to grind for something in an MMO. Also, the only form of modern fast travel in WoW was added in legion. Flight paths are old and should be allowed to skip (for in game currency), like other games.

Flight is being added this week, so there really shouldn't be an argument anymore : p
    I think people are used to grinds. Just how much of a grind it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the only one that'll take "Weeks" to do, is the revered one. However, EVERYONE will be wanting to do that, mainly by the Legionfall WQs....

Litterally, flying is the EASIEST thing to get in this Expac. Part 1's Suramar questline MIGHT be a BIT tricky though, but that's only due to location (Mainly MoonGuard...).

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Should I be force to be on the ground because you hate flying?
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Then...don't get flying?

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post

Flight paths are just slow loading screens. They should be removed entirely in lieu of a waypoint system.

And simply finalizing the unlock of flying via pathfinder doesn't remove the argument at all, because it doesn't solve anything. Look at this thread alone: People are still defending their ground gameplay and the other side is still defending flying. All pathfinder did was delay the argument a little without actually solving anything.

This is why Blizzard needs to come up with a better solution than simply flipping the flight switch on or off.

Like, litterally...

Watch as the paladins ALL over trade-chat go (LF BARDING! I HAVE OVER 2kG). That'll be funny...

But, then again, I don't do professions, and I am a paladin....

Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

Quote Originally Posted by hunterakos View Post
    That raid i have to do in order to complete pathfinder 1 bothers me. I haven't raided since vanilla and dunno how easy it is through LFR. I am a disc priest and i haven't got any legendary. Do you think its doable?
    what raid, at most its a dungeon (depends on the class i suppose) and 1 raid boss in his own section that will be killed pretty quickly at this point.

achivement status checker

1) Broken Isles Explorer (Zone Exploration Achievement)
    2) Loremaster of Legion (Zone Quest Achievement)
    3) A Glorious Campaign (Class Campaign)
    4) Variety is the Spice of Life (100 Unique World Quests)
    5) Broken Isles Diplomat (Reputation you have mostly already gotten from doing the Zone and top it up with World Quests)
    Last edited by strongyp; 2017-03-27 at 11:42 PM.

Flight paths are just slow loading screens. They should be removed entirely in lieu of a waypoint system.

And simply finalizing the unlock of flying via pathfinder doesn't remove the argument at all, because it doesn't solve anything. Look at this thread alone: People are still defending their ground gameplay and the other side is still defending flying. All pathfinder did was delay the argument a little without actually solving anything.

This is why Blizzard needs to come up with a better solution than simply flipping the flight switch on or off.
    You're right, there will always be an argument since there are people on both sides. This is why there will never be a solid solution (can't please everyone). This is what we have now, so get on with it. Submit your feedback and let's see if they listen.

That's because people aren't interested in actually finding a solution. They just want to crap on anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    Well there was never a problem for better part of a decade until the b team took over for WoW development at some point and brought us a brilliant gem (turd) like WoD, which wasn't a turd simply due to them wanting to close the Pandora's box known as flying mounts. That happened to be the shit flavored icing on top of the whole turd.

Whether or not that statement applies to Legion, I leave that for others to decide in their own mind, since I no longer play (next week marks a year since my last log in, woo).

Indifferent, but it'll be a nice convenience.

I agree. Whisle is such an elegant and well made item to substitute the flying.

*Takes of stealth*

Happpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*Puts stealth back on*

Yay.

Me fly and we get to make fun of the ground and pounders.

Poetry in motion.

In patch 7.2 we fly and be as cool as the other side of the pillow.