10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Also sorry to Oakland fans.
    Yeah, it always sucks for the fans. Oakland to Las Vegas is apparently about 8 hours by car. You don't do that every week-end to visit home games. Flights are 80 dollars at their cheapest, but you have to wonder who would pay that every week-end on top of their ticket price.

I don't think there will be many Oakland fans making the trip to Vegas with the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as big as Texas is, there isnt a lot of room for another pro team. DFW has Cowboys, Houston has Texans. San Antonio / AUstin may as wlel be in the same market and that's taken over by the UT Longhorns (if you forced people to choose between a pro team and Longhorns, they'd choose Longhorns. Trust me).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time again, the coaches annual photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C78l9XlVMAAeKUH.jpg

Can you name all of them with correct team?

List:

I [I]think[/I] it's:

Not in the picture: Belichick, Patriots. Gase, Dolphins.

Top row: Tomlin, Steelers. Carrol, Seahawks. Rivera, Panthers. Mularkey, Titans. Marone, Jaguars. Garrett, Cowboys. Pagano, Colts. Fox, Bears. Reid, Chiefs. Lynn, Chargers. Payton, Saints. Jackson, Browns. McCarthy, Packers. Joseph, Broncos.

Bottom row: Shanahan, 49'ers. McVay, Rams. Harbaugh, Ravens. Gruden, Washington. Quinn, Falcons. O'Brien, Texans. McDermott, Bills. Del Rio, Raiders. Pederson, Eagles. Lewis, Bengals. Zimmer, Vikings. McAdoo, Giants. Koetter, Buccaneers. Caldwell, Lions. Arians, Cardinals. Bowles, Jets.

I screwed up with McVay and MCDermott's names, and couldn't figure out who McDermott was at all. Also had to fill everything in and think long and hard before I figured out I was missing Pederson, Eagles and who that was in the picture, meaning the other guy I had left over was Mularky (who I knew had to be there, but couldn't figure out if it which of the 2 was him).

Trevone Boykin was arrested for public intoxication after being the passenger in a car that crashed into a bar. Yup, still the off-season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders attendance increases by moving to Vegas. Games can get expensive to attend, so being able to make a vacation out of it might make it more worth it for out of the areas fans. Plus, not sure many people would travel to Oakland to see the Raiders over a road game even if they did travel just to see them play because if you venture too far away from the stadium, good luck.

Not sure there is really a market for another NFL team unless you try to put one in another country. The places without one are either college football areas, or won't have enough support. Even some of the current teams (Jags, Bucs 2 of them) probably would be better off moving than adding an expansion team someplace. Then again, LA really shouldn't have 2 teams again but they do.

Andy Reid looks like he got lost and felt like wandering into a group photo he doesn't belong to.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-03-27 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW Grube, the cops in Dallas aren't exactly the best and brightest (those move on to better paying gigs in other cities). PI for being a passenger seems pretty typical for the racists in their department.

10+ Year Old Account

I never like it when teams move.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said something similar in the old thread about announcing a move and then not moving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, McVay is young. Dude is just a few years older than my sister...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Also too many coaches not looking at the camera, so I can only get 18/32, didn't really get anybody looking away except for Pete & Garrett.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, eventual fare thee well to the Raiders, sure will miss all those attempts at blocking every team trying to move to LA, in the end you were the ones who missed out.

I feel bad for Oakland fans, but at least the players won't have to put up with that shit-infested building anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I live in the midwest so take this with a grain of salt. I think the Vegas move is amazing. For fans of cold weather teams looking for someplace to see a game, where else would you want to go! Fly in Friday or Saturday, take the wife to a show, bum around town for day and then go watch football in a new stadium and head out Sunday night or Monday.
    I suppose Vegas isn't a tiresome place if you don't go there very often. San Diego should have been the obvious destination, but they're off the table now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be taking that once in a lifetime Vegas trip more than I planned to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    @Northern Goblin Not sure if we are still maintaining the free agency tracker in the first page, but I noticed that you have Alshon signing with Philly for only $9MM, it was actually $14MM (plus incentives)
    I have had barely any time recently but yes I intend to update it, certainly before the draft.

I'll make the correction later, thanks.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I suppose Vegas isn't a tiresome place if you don't go there very often. San Diego should have been the obvious destination, but they're off the table now.
    Move to the city of a divisional rival?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Move to the city of a divisional rival?
    No, he meant for a week-end visit for people trying to escape the mid-west during winter. San Diego is a perfect location for that. Also pretty sure that's exactly what Packers01 did last winter; go to San Diego and attend a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No, he meant for a week-end visit for people trying to escape the mid-west during winter. San Diego is a perfect location for that. Also pretty sure that's exactly what Packers01 did last winter; go to San Diego and attend a game.
    Didn't we all? Of course it was a much shorter trip for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who currently lives in Vegas, I am simultaneously happy and concerned about the location. NHL is awesome, but is the new Raiders stadium going to be indoor and air conditioned? August can still be over 110 and pre season is in August.

Also, just noticed the new "year member" tags and I'm clearly a 4 year member and not a 3 year member so I find the number 3 jarring. No big I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    As someone who currently lives in Vegas,
    Huh, I didn't know that. I guess you assume locations based off team preference, but here on the internet we know that's not the case. Nobody would guess my location based on my preferred sports teams (Dallas Cowboys, Florida Gators, Utah Jazz).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Huh, I didn't know that. I guess you assume locations based off team preference, but here on the internet we know that's not the case. Nobody would guess my location based on my preferred sports teams (Dallas Cowboys, Florida Gators, Utah Jazz).
    You're clearly omnipresent, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    is the new Raiders stadium going to be indoor and air conditioned? August can still be over 110 and pre season is in August.
    Not sure what the Phoenix area's average temperature is compared to Vegas, but Arizona State plays outdoors and the Cardinals did until they moved to their current stadium. It would be logical for it to be a dome, but never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Not sure what the Phoenix area's average temperature is compared to Vegas, but Arizona State plays outdoors and the Cardinals did until they moved to their current stadium. It would be logical for it to be a dome, but never know.
    Phoenix and Vegas are comparable. Vegas's record is 118 and Phoenix's is 122 though both cities will hit 110 pretty much every single summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I lived in Seattle for 7 years. I moved for career purposes as I am a piano bar performer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.