Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    people are still going to complain "OH ITS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER TO UNLOCK ITS NOT FAIR"
    Maybe because that's a true statement? Locking flight behind a wall of achievements that ensures that you only get flight once it's relatively insignificant is a valid complaint. The value proposition of pathfinder is terrible. The amount of time and effort needed to unlock flight vs the things that flight can actually be used for once you get it is...awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    [U]

There is a valid argument against flying.

Always has been a valid argument against flying.
    Not really. Every argument I've seen is easily refuted.

• World PVP!!! (died with BGs and isn't relevant to PVE servers)
    • Trivializes quests! ( at max level most quest are easy. IF you want a max level character to have to fight mobs before, say, killing a named, that's easy to solve. Make it part of the quest e.g. change "Kill Named and get the Secret Plans" to "Take out 6 guards and kill Named, then steal the Secret Plans." Done.
    • No interaction in the world! (Come on, when's the last time you randomly made a friend in the game in the open world? People don't even talk during world quests that need a few of us to kill an elite)
    • Makes the world small!! (Vs hopping on a taxi?)
    • Immersion!!! (1) I've seen the zones dozens of times, 2) YOU ride if you want, 3) Vs hopping on a taxi and tabbing out? )

Any others? Keep in mind you'll need to explain why your reasons didn't tank the game from the start of TBC through the end of MoP
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-03-27 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it eventually. Maybe a few weeks before the next expansion or something.

Still haven't bothered killing Xavius for the Suramar questline, so that's really the only thing I'll be missing.

Traveling around the Lost Isles is already so fast, flying won't really change anything for me.

Hope they treat flying like this for every expansion moving forward.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-03-27 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

A week after launch my gameplay stopped looking like the left side and more like the right side and that was long before flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Kinda indifferent but Legion has shown that flying isn't needed at all. It's convenient but the way it trivializes things isn't my type of game design so overall I'm unhappy it's a things from the get go.
    Tell me how it trivializes already "trivial" content. Hell, in Legion you've even been able to purchase an item stopping mobs from dazing you. Not that it was ever a challenge when they did.

Not to mention the whistle returning you to taxi points every 5 minutes. Again, not that world questing was ever anything but trivial. There's a reason for why 1% ever sees bosses on a certain difficulty or reaches certain milestones in PVP, whilst everyone trying gets past leveling content.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-27 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Maybe because that's a true statement? Locking flight behind a wall of achievements that ensures that you only get flight once it's relatively insignificant is a valid complaint. The value proposition of pathfinder is terrible. The amount of time and effort needed to unlock flight vs the things that flight can actually be used for once you get it is...awful.
    I'd agree with you if flying was something more than a mode of travel. One of several modes of travel ALREADY in the game.

Why do people keep saying flying trivialises quests? This makes absolutely no sense because YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE QUESTS TO GET FLYING!

How about flying trivialises exploration? WELL YOU GOTTA EXPLORE THE WHOLE MAP TO GET FLYING!

If you are talking about WQs then you are having a fucking giraffe cause if you havent already done over a thousand of them like i have had to then then not having flying isnt gonna suddenly make them any more engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAPPY

for just 1 very simple reason

Dalaran loading screen will no longer take a million years. I will just fly to it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Why do people keep saying flying trivialises quests? This makes absolutely no sense because YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE QUESTS TO GET FLYING!

How about flying trivialises exploration? WELL YOU GOTTA EXPLORE THE WHOLE MAP TO GET FLYING!

If you are talking about WQs then you are having a fucking giraffe cause if you havent already done over a thousand of them like i have had to then then not having flying isnt gonna suddenly make them any more engaging.
    Logic doesn't bite on the anti-flying crowd. They chugged too much of the kool-aid poured from the devs as they tried to cover up how little actual world they were giving us with WoD. If someone's actually serious about it being anything but trivial running through areas of mobs to get to the area of interest, that person needs a medal of suckage...

Compare Storm Peaks, an area designed with flying in mind, to Gorgrond or Frostfire Ridge. Yeah, I think I know which zone I had more fun exploring. Goldfish zones designed purely with the intent to always herd the player into relevant areas can go to hell.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-27 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'd agree with you if flying was something more than a mode of travel. One of several modes of travel ALREADY in the game.
    And here you have what I've been arguing for since WoD: Making flying more than an afterthought.

I basically quit playing the game because running around Highmountain and Stormheim for world quests was too annoying to deal with. And don't even get me started on Suramar proper...

That, and the content itself just didn't appeal to me after the first month. At least now it won't be tedious. The same thing happened with WoD for me. As soon as they added flying I was able to get into the expansion, even with its subpar content.

So yeah, I'm glad it's back... but technically, it will take more than a day for people to finish unlocking it. I'm just sayin'.

False. Many modern MMOs have recognized that allowing players to conveniently get to the content they want to play is actually advantageous and enjoyable for the player. Hense fast-travel systems.
    We have fast travel. It's called "Flight points"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont really care I was fine not flying
    Requirements were easy

I was amused at the outrage it caused. Noflynobuy etc. Seemed like a waste of time to be that passionate about that

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    We have fast travel. It's called "Flight points"
    And they promote afking more than anything else in this game. How is that better than players flying on their own and being able to swoop down should they see something interesting?

I've never chosen a taxi over flying myself, considering you don't have freedom on a taxi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

u can still see treasures and rare mobs and easter eggs from the sky...
    plus if u havent gotten like almost every treasure already what have u been doing?

Ironically especially when i use the Highmountain FP i find myself having to throw myself off the cliff and just glyde to get to where i want to go us cause its just faster than using the FP and also it helps me avoid all those mobs that i have to aggro train all the way to the WQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I distinctly remember you being for flying when the arguments ran at their most infected back in WoD.

That being said, freedom and flying on the back of a dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a braindead taxi that promotes AFKing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Logic doesn't bite on the anti-flying crowd. They chugged too much of the kool-aid poured from the devs as they tried to cover up how little actual world they were giving us with WoD. If someone's actually serious about it being anything but trivial running through areas of mobs to get to the area of interest, that person needs a medal of suckage...

Compare Storm Peaks, an area designed with flying in mind, to Gorgrond or Frostfire Ridge. Yeah, I think I know which zone I had more fun exploring. Goldfish zones designed purely with the intent to always herd the player into relevant areas can go to hell.
    I liked exploring Draenor zones but that's mostly out of design at least to me. Highmountain and Stormheim...well it makes me grumble.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    u can still see treasures and rare mobs and easter eggs from the sky...
    Yep, and PVP happens even on my PVE server even when flying is up, so on a PVP server it shouldn't be THAT difficult to encounter it... especially considering one simple never-changing fact; You can't finish quest objectives whilst flying around above the areas. People on PVP servers like to gank? Well, they'll continue being able to do so! They're even updating Broken Isles zones to be relevant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I distinctly remember you being for flying when the arguments ran at their most infected back in WoD.

That being said, freedom and flying on the back of a dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a braindead taxi that promotes AFKing.
    Source to verify your claims?

- - - Updated - - -

And here you have what I've been arguing for since WoD: Making flying more than an afterthought.
    Its always been a mode of travel since it was introduced. Sure, some areas were in accessible if you didnt have flying (Ogrilla, Skettis), but those were more of rewards for finally being able to fly, which was a novel thing back then.

The rewards for being able to fly now are "more freedom" and all the other shit that the pro-flight crowd talks about.

Blizzard doesn't need to put some exclusive area in game for those who have flying enabled. They could, and that would be really cool to give those with the pathfinder achievement some cool exclusive content to enjoy, but again, its not necessary.