View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?

Voters
136. This poll is closed
  • He should have paid - it's tradition

12 8.82%
  • He should have paid - she travelled a long way to meet him

21 15.44%
  • They should have split the bill - it's 2017

103 75.74%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also:

"decided to check out a few dating apps to see what the hype is about"

I think that means Tinder esque apps. I'm not sure if she's been out of the loop, but that's basically "hey let's meet up, and if we like each other let's bang".
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

"Once we left, it was obvious that he was not happy and could care less where I was headed, or how I was going to get there. He basically told me that it was nice to meet me — although he didn’t say that he had a good time, even though we had, right up until the end — and abandoned me outside of the bar in the dead of night." - translation: "The guy I just rejected should still take care of me and make sure I get home at night, because - in my mind - we had a good time".
    Yeah I found this part bizarre too - I mean with how I read this, she made it sound like see already had a plan for where she was going. She said back to her friends place or whatever. And she said she had also parked, and found the bar herself. So she has her own transportation, knows exactly where to find her car etc. How is she being abandoned in this situation? Seems like she is just trying to find anything to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Also:

"decided to check out a few dating apps to see what the hype is about"

I think that means Tinder esque apps. I'm not sure if she's been out of the loop, but that's basically "hey let's meet up, and if we like each other let's bang".
    Also agree with this. I wish she had named the app, most of them aren't known for anything other than hookups. Shit, Tinder just present you with a name and face and you can say yes or no. Unless she was paying for a service like eharmony or something, its crazy to figure sex wouldn't at least be somewhat on his mind. That paired with her excuse - "I have my friends keys and have to give them back ..." that feels like an obvious "I can't because I have to wash my hair" sort of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yeah I found this part bizarre too - I mean with how I read this, she made it sound like see already had a plan for where she was going. She said back to her friends place or whatever. And she said she had also parked, and found the bar herself. So she has her own transportation, knows exactly where to find her car etc. How is she being abandoned in this situation? Seems like she is just trying to find anything to complain about.
    Oh, yeah, kinda missed that. It makes a large part of posts by Nexx and few others kinda misguided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Oh, yeah, kinda missed that. It makes a large part of posts by Nexx and few others kinda misguided.
    Yeah she made is sound like he originally picked her up, drove somewhere she wasn't familiar with, on some bad part of town, and then stormed out after getting declined. She wasn't stranded, or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You mean he should offer to pay out of politeness, then she'd accept and next he could go "nah just kidding, split the bill LOL".
    She drank those drinks not him. Yet she expects him to pay. Very bizarre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, seriously that's what you get out of the article? That she's a bitch because she expected him to pay, ya know, when he invited her out? That's what has Tenn's gears in a grind? Not the fact that this guy was clearly not actually interested in anything other than a one-night-stand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Because you don't ask for sex on the first or second date. Also, he wanted to show her his bourbon collection. If you have a bourbon collection, you're a douchebag waste of air.
    What he has a collection of really doesn't matter. It was clearly a play to get her to come back to his place for a fuck.

Also, when you have sex and how many dates you have is really subjective. Some people screw on the first date. Some people are in it for casual sex. Some people won't have sex till you've been dating for several months.

But I still agree the guy's a douche.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You just don't get it, and I'm not sure how to explain this to you. If you're just looking for SEX, you don't meet someone on a serious dating site like Tinder. When you do that, you give them the false impression that you're looking for something deeper like marriage before you get to the sex part. This guy should have known better than to lead her on like that.
    lol, sure you do. If you're just looking for sex and everyone knows you're a douch, you have to go to greater and greater lengths to find new people to fuck.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I was reading this in the newspaper and it doesn't add up.

https://www.thestar.com/life/2017/03...an-agenda.html

Seems ridiculous that in 2017 she expects that he should pay for it all. This is quite perplexing.
    Also this dating ordeal sounds really exhausting. Must suck to be dating for years and years and not be able to get married and gain stability and committment.
    Option #4: The "bill" issue is a minor portion and only serves to distract from the douche'y attitude that says "No nookie? no 'free' coffee"...
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Yeah, I won't deny he probably came off a bit dickish, but just like he shouldn't expect her to put out because they went on a date, she shouldn't expect to get a free meal.
    And what if she said sure...I wonder what the odds would of been that he would have picked up the tab?

10+ Year Old Account
    "My friends and I researched him online before I agreed to meet up with him. There was a lot of info about him on the Internet, which was reassuring. He appeared to be talented, with a cool-sounding career. That was a plus."

Dat creepy stalking though...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Wait, seriously that's what you get out of the article? That she's a bitch because she expected him to pay, ya know, when he invited her out? That's what has Tenn's gears in a grind? Not the fact that this guy was clearly not actually interested in anything other than a one-night-stand?

- - - Updated - - -

What he has a collection of really doesn't matter. It was clearly a play to get her to come back to his place for a fuck.

Also, when you have sex and how many dates you have is really subjective. Some people screw on the first date. Some people are in it for casual sex. Some people won't have sex till you've been dating for several months.

But I still agree the guy's a douche.
    She consumed drinks. She pays for the drinks. Simple enough. The fact that he was unsatisfied with the date yet he should pay for her is crazy talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    She consumed drinks. She pays for the drinks. Simple enough. The fact that he was unsatisfied with the date yet he should pay for her is crazy talk.
    Typically the person who invites pays, or at least offers.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically the person who invites pays, or at least offers.
    Typically? Prove that this is the norm for random dates from an app.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    And what if she said sure...I wonder what the odds would of been that he would have picked up the tab?
    Not sure what your point is? If he wants to pay for her that's fine, no mattter the reason, it's his choice, but she shouldn't expect it just because someone asked her out. If she wants to fuck him that's cool too, but he shouldn't expect it just because they went on a date.

They're both idiots who had expectations going into this that didn't pan out, and both got pissy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically? Prove that this is the norm for random dates from an app.
    Typically as in "based on my experience from dates and talking to people about dates and dating etiquette".

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically as in "based on my experience from dates and talking to people about dates and dating etiquette".
    That isn't very scientific. You and your little circle could be very different from what is the norm in big cities.

Deleted
    She should have paid, she's supposed to be sworn to carry his burdens after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine if darren could have just said he wanted to have sex and that would have been okay

but no thats pretty rude (even though it's the truth) and he's way more likely to get laid by going out and showing a girl a good time

A lot of people like to expect honesty out of virtue, but virtue doesn't always get you what you want. Let's use a real life example of why I wouldn't tell the truth if I didn't have to -

if admitting to a cop i pulled an inspection sticker off another car to put on mine isn't going to get me anything then why wouldn't i lie and say it was already on there when I bought the car? Telling a lie gets me out of a fine and telling the truth gets me stuck with it. The officer can't disprove that lie and it saves me a couple bucks... So I'm gonna lie about it.

You can't expect honesty from people if there is no reason for them to be honest and especially drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't very scientific. You and your little circle could be very different from what is the norm in big cities.
    So? /tennchar

Just, be kind.

Darren wasn't interested in talking to her enough, maybe if he showed more interest she'd be willing to go to his place. probably not but it could have helped. Most likely he was thinking about his dick and deciding that if he isn't getting some then hes not paying.