Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I hope you're joking. That would be equivalent to faggot being a compliment and I doubt you think it is.
    Who the hell uses "cuck" as an insult outside of sad, reddit-skulking self-righteous neckbeards?

Seeing as that's the case, I place very little stock in what their opinion is or the random word they co-opted into being an insult.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Can someone give me a TLDR, on how being called a cuck is possibly a good thing?
    The article is trying to bash the alt-right by saying they call anyone not alt-right that to see if they are racist or not.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

If anyone's intent with this is to 1-up the alt righters who use this term, it's not working, they are laughing even harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    It is actually an insult as it is saying that you are not man enough to please your woman and she has to seek pleasure from other men, usually in front of you. Why the article the OP posted brought race or the alt-right into it is beyond me since it has nothing to do with race or the alt-right. Maybe one day, the author of the article will learn how to please and stimulate their partner so they don't get cheated on.
    The insinuation of my post is that people who use "cuck" as a go-to insult are idiots anyway.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The insinuation of my post is that people who use "cuck" as a go-to insult are idiots anyway.
    True. Some men want to see their women cheating on them with other men.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. Some men want to see their women cheating on them with other men.
    Maybe, but that's not what people "mean" when they use the word cuck. As I said, they co-opted a random word into being an insult and now toss it around frivolously.

It's like people calling others "gay" as an insult back in the 90s.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but that's not what people "mean" when they use the word cuck. As I said, they co-opted a random word into being an insult and now toss it around frivolously.

You are saying that isn't what people mean, but unless you are those people, how do you know what they mean? If I call someone a cuck, that is exactly what I mean so you should possibly add a modifier such as the word "many" to signify that it isn't what all people who use the word mean. I say it as to its original meaning.

Who the hell uses "cuck" as an insult outside of sad, reddit-skulking self-righteous neckbeards?

Seeing as that's the case, I place very little stock in what their opinion is or the random word they co-opted into being an insult.
    That could be said about any insult.

I've always used the usage of the word "cuck" as a pinpoint to the character of someone. I've rarely seen it used by other than far-right leaning scum. It's not as if they know the meaning of the word "cuckold" when they throw it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are saying that isn't what people mean, but unless you are those people, how do you know what they mean? If I call someone a cuck, that is exactly what I mean so you should possibly add a modifier such as the word "many" to signify that it isn't what all people who use the word mean. I say it as to its original meaning.
    Then that's pretty idiotic, as you don't possess the working knowledge of that individual's relationship enough to adequately address whether that person is a "cuck" or not.

So I'm right either way.

Besides, don't start on that "swear words always mean exactly what they mean all the time" nonsense. In fact, swear words almost always mean anything BUT what they mean.

If you cut your finger while cutting vegetables and shout out "FUCK!" do you really mean "sex?" No. And, going back to "gay having been used an insult," when people missed a traffic light and have to stop and mutter "well that's gay..." did they really mean to say that the traffic light is a homosexual? Of course not, it's an inanimate object. If you stub your toe in the dark and shout "son of a BITCH!" what, exactly, is the son of a female dog, your toe or whatever you stubbed it on?

Get it? They're words with impact, which is why people use them almost all of the time. Not because they address some specific situation. Same with cuck. Same with any swear word.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    That could be said about any insult.
    Maybe, but cuck is the newest "edgy thing" to say and a very specific group of people use it.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Can someone give me a TLDR, on how being called a cuck is possibly a good thing?
    A compliment, or a good thing?

The only way I can really see it being either is by speaking to the person saying it, rather than the person being called a cuck. "X doesn't like you and therefore calls you a cuck, X is bad, therefore you are good" or "X uses the word cuck, he is stupid, understanding this has saved you time and energy".

At best, as far as I can see, being called cuck is a 'no duh'; as in you genuinely have a cuckold bottoming fetish, in the same vein as calling a gay man gay is pointless and meaningless.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    A compliment, or a good thing?

The only way I can really see it being either is by speaking to the person saying it, rather than the person being called a cuck. "X doesn't like you and therefore calls you a cuck, X is bad, therefore you are good" or "X uses the word cuck, he is stupid, understanding this has saved you time and energy".

Pretty much what I'm getting at.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think its bigger than that actually. I think this is real reaction to a massive organized, state sanctioned de-emphasis of maleness/manliness/alpha whatever you want to call it. This isnt just a pejorative but a recognition of actual phenomenon occurring in modern post-WW2 human civilization.

I wrote a briefing in grad school outlining next gen security threats and demographic+gender issues were the top of the list.

There is a good bit of scholarly research on the issue but within the core of the current Jihadist thought is the re-balancing of the role of men and manliness, far more than some true ecclesiastical religious awakening of traditional Islam. The trigger for the Iranian Islamist Revolution was in part the "modern woman" in Tehran and not U.S. geopolitics.

The current "Cuck War" is part and parcel of a Western re-balancing to traditional gender roles that predates recorded history. Only the naive and stupid think you can suddenly throw intuitive and genetic gender/sexuality out the door and there not be terrible consequences to doing so.

The Cuck War has just begun and if the current events in the Middle East are really the template, they will not merely end with unkind words on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    I think its bigger than that actually. I think this is real reaction to a massive organized, state sanctioned de-emphasis of maleness/manliness/alpha whatever you want to call it. This isnt just a pejorative but a recognition of actual phenomenon occurring in modern post-WW2 human civilization.

Suuuuuuuuuurrreee.

I thought because Trump was president we were all supposed to get our balls mailed back to us? Is that another promise he renegged on?

I wrote a briefing in grad school outlining next gen security threats and demographic+gender issues were the top of the list.

There is a good bit of scholarly research on the issue but within the core of the current Jihadist thought is the re-balancing of the role of men and manliness, far more than some true ecclesiastical religious awakening of traditional Islam. The trigger for the Iranian Islamist Revolution was in part the "modern woman" in Tehran and not U.S. geopolitics.

The current "Cuck War" is part and parcel of a Western re-balancing to traditional gender roles that predates recorded history. Only the naive and stupid think you can suddenly throw intuitive and genetic gender/sexuality out the door and there not be terrible consequences to doing so.

The Cuck War has just begun and if the current events in the Middle East are really the template, they will not merely end with unkind words on the internet.
    Holy crap you were serious.

You live in a strange, terrifying world, my friend.

You give neckbeard redditors too much credit. It's an "edgy" word that sounds harsh (a fusion of "cock" and "fuck?" sign them up!) and elicits a response out of people.

That's what people look for in an insult.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If anyone's intent with this is to 1-up the alt righters who use this term, it's not working, they are laughing even harder.
    I've actually been pretty surprised at how bad the left (broadly construed) has been at meme-warring and handling what seem like dopey memes. From Clinton explicitly calling attention to Pepe (that's not just any frog - it's a Nazi frog!) to "yeah, well, coming from you, I'm glad to be cuckold, so HA!", it's just been pretty lame.

- - - Updated - - -

When it initially emerged as "cuckservative", there was a bit more coherence and oomph to it. There's a connotation there of a pathetic, weak-willed faux-conservative that's completely impotent. Think Lindsay Graham.

Pretty much the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Suuuuuuuuuurrreee.

I thought because Trump was president we were all supposed to get our balls mailed back to us? Is that another promise he renegged on?

Holy crap you were serious.

You live in a strange, terrifying world, my friend.

You give neckbeard redditors too much credit. It's an "edgy" word that sounds harsh (a fusion of "cock" and "fuck?" sign them up!) and elicits a response out of people.

That's what people look for in an insult.
    I wish I could post late 1960s era analyst reports saying similar things about Wahhabists in Egypt. With almost no budget, no real organization, no real military acumen, radical Islam now wages a multi-front war against not only the last remaining superpower on Earth but all of her allies AND enemies, at the same time, everywhere.

My thoughts are had someone actually paid attention to aiding women in the tribal regions of post WW2 society but at the same time been cognizant of the delicate role men played, we would not be in our current situation. But instead they went in like the traditional colonial "Bull in a China Shop" demanding womens rights at all cost.

But now its here in San Francisco or New York, not in the Hindu Kush. A total collapse of a traditional sense of what is to be man that will be followed by a violent reawakening of said traditional manliness.

"Neckbeard redditors" in electing Trump defeated BOTH political parties of the only remaining and perhaps strongest, wealthiest Superpower nation the Human Race has ever known. There is no equivalent to this in geopolitical history. This beyond the rise of House Saud, the Han footprint on China or the Mughal Empire. We are in completely uncharted territory in terms of momentum and hidden power.

The "neckbeard redditors" are a force of Nature that is simply unprecedented perhaps due to a communication interconnectedness akin to carpenter ant chemoreception on forums like this.

I read an FOIA report once that said the DARPA NCP, although intended to preserve communication and stabilize government in a catastrophe like a Nuclear Winter, would instead lead to traditional government disordering and collapsing because communications could no longer be truly centralized and thus controlled. Very apropos.

Deleted
    You're all a bunch of cucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    http://www.gq.com/story/the-case-for-being-a-cuck

What an inspiring article! I think it's high time us liberals started using the conservatives words, like cuck, as our badge of honour.
    Just like the conservatives adapted the deplorables phrase to mean something good for them.

#Proudtocuckold
    Just to clarify. A "cuck" is the husband that is either a knowing or unknowing participant in the infidelity. In some cases even facilitating the cuckolding. The husband is the one being played a fool. A "cuck" is NOT the BBC sent in to please the wife where the husband could not.

So by betraying one's faculties or one's own common sense and buying into the propaganda and lies of the (left or right) one is essentially giving up their right to a voice in favor of rhetoric and narrative of the (left or right). If the (left or right)[the BBC] says let me fuck your wife you the "cuck"(the huband) lets it happen. You don't have a mind of your own, spineless, ball-less, and you let people walk all over you, even if that BBC comes for you next...

How is this still an active thread?

How useful can the label of cuck even be, when the people who use it consider the likes of Milo Yiannopoulous and Tucker Carlson to be alpha males?