Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Doing all the prep, and then successfully executing the Suicide mission in ME2 is one of the most epic experiences in the last decade of gaming. You're missing out.
    I actually think I played it again on PC and did most of that research stuff, and more people made it. But it was still sort of humorous to see everyone one by one drop dead, minus seth green. Gave me a good chuckle.

From what I can tell, nothing of that magnitude exists in this game, I did basically the bare minimum, and only 1 choice was missed (according to the guide that I have).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is a purely fictional cluster, astronomers do not call anything in Andromeda "Heleus Cluster". It is probably on the outskirts of the galactic disc.
    i would find it cool if they did name a section of it after the name in the game
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i would find it cool if they did name a section of it after the name in the game
    That would be pretty amazing. Although it wouldn't be the same without Scourge and the Kett!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Did 3 hours of multiplayering today. Granted, I've only done Bronze matches so far, so I cannot comment on real difficulties, but... It is just me, or are the Kett much-much-much stronger than the other two factions? Both Remnants and Outlaws seem to be lacking the units posing real challenge, while the Kett have Fiends and Ascendants. Outlaws can usually be beaten by infinite camping, Remnants require a bit more maneuvering, but not too much - with the Kett, however, you have to run around endlessly, and you still often end up getting cornered. And when an Ascendant shows up, you know the failure isn't very far away.
    Actually, for me its the exact opposite.

Remnants are the worst, because they have far too many units that are a pain in the ass. With the Kett, the only unit that is really any trouble is the ascendant, and even then, if even one person on your team has the Isharay, Widow, or Black Widow, then destroying his spinny orb thingie is super easy. And fiends are really REALLY easy to kite and evade. They're dumb, they're slow, they lack any kind of ranged attack, and most importantly, they're predictable. A single Cobra RPG blast to the chest and they go down quick.

Remnant on the other hand have shit like Assemblers, who spawn Breachers infinitely unless you go out of your camping zone and actively seek them out. They have observers with that super annoying lazer-beam-spam attack that auto-locks on you and has super long range. They have the Nullifiers, who are like the fiends, but SOOOO much worse, as these have ranged attacks that can hit you even if you're behind cover, have an impregnable frontal shield that requires flanking and maneuvering to counter, have as much health and armor as a fiend, and while their attacks are telegraphed, if more than two nullifiers are onto you, your ass is grass.

And lastly, they have Destroyers, who make ascendants look like girl scouts. Between twin mini-gun turrets that rip you to shreds, a dual layer of shields and armor a lack of any weakpoints (at least none that I know of), an absolutely ginormicous amount of health, an AoE melee attack, a one-shotting grab attack, and a suicidal self-destruct for when you do manage to kill one. Ascendants are garbage next to these guys. At least the ascendants, nasty as they are, have an easy to spot weakness, that anyone with good aim and a strong sniper can one-shot reliably, and they have no additional defenses, no shields, no armor, so they're susceptible to combo attacks. And their main ranged attack is pretty easy to avoid, just keep away from their melee range, and move sideways to dodge their easily telegraphed attack.

Destroyers are not so easily countered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    And, where the helius cluster is in Andromeda galaxy anway?
    Regarding what you said in the spoilers........ I hope they don't put that in a DLC. It'll mean I'll miss it (as DLC cannot be gifted, if they work with CD Keys, MAYBE I'll be able to get one, maybe, but if not, then there's no way I'll be able to play it). I hope they put that specific thing on a sequel.

And as for the location of the Heleus cluster, as others said, its a fictitious location in Andromeda, however in-game lore reveal its located right on the galactic edge, on the outskirts of the galaxy proper.

- - - Updated - - -

So...... I just learned some rather disturbing info about the kett.......

Yep, they are a parasitic lifeform, all the kett we've been killing so far, are infected Angaran, indeed their forces are made of infected local fauna. I've seen non-kettified fiends, and non-kettified wraiths. So the Archon may in fact be the only real kett we've seen so far, with everyone else being just local races subjected to the kett infection.

I have only two words regarding that revelation..... I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Someone pick up the phone, because I fucking called it. Almost 100 pages back actually.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Regarding what you said in the spoilers........ I hope they don't put that in a DLC. It'll mean I'll miss it (as DLC cannot be gifted, if they work with CD Keys, MAYBE I'll be able to get one, maybe, but if not, then there's no way I'll be able to play it). I hope they put that specific thing on a sequel.

And as for the location of the Heleus cluster, as others said, its a fictitious location in Andromeda, however in-game lore reveal its located right on the galactic edge, on the outskirts of the galaxy proper.

So...... I just learned some rather disturbing info about the kett.......

Yep, they are a parasitic lifeform, all the kett we've been killing so far, are infected Angaran, indeed their forces are made of infected local fauna. I've seen non-kettified fiends, and non-kettified wraiths. So the Archon may in fact be the only real kett we've seen so far, with everyone else being just local races subjected to the kett infection.

I have only two words regarding that revelation..... I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Someone pick up the phone, because I fucking called it. Almost 100 pages back actually.
    1) I hope they´ll finish up that properly tho

2) thought so.. ´cause i couldn´t find anything about it anywhere

3) wait.. where (ingame)?
    but anyway Goa´uld did it first!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    3) wait.. where (ingame)?
    but anyway Goa´uld did it first!
    On voeld. The priority mission there is what reveals it.

However, they're not like the Goa'uld. The Goa'uld are literal parasites that embed themselves into people and mindcontrol them the way a puppeteer controls a puppet. The Kett work differently. They kidnap sapient species and brainwash them into obedience via torture, and methods similar to real-life indoctrination. Once the kidnapped victim is a broken and obedient little shell, they inject them with a serum made out of the DNA of the Archon, to force a mutation on the victim. Whoever gets injected, heavily and violently mutates into a Kettified version of their former selves. They grow natural bone armor around most of their bodies, their skin becomes completely black, and their minds are permanently linked to the Kett collective.

They are more like zombies, except sapient, able to speak and use technology. Newly converts behave like fanatics who have been brainwashed into a cult, and the Kett do behave like a religious extremist cult, which is why they use names like Archon, Anointed, Ascended, Cardinal, Chosen, Destined, and why they refer to the process of turning other races into Kett as "Exaltation". They also refer to the facility where this takes place as a holy temple. They are more or less like a biological version of the Borg (Star Trek), with the behavior of the Covenant from Halo.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish there was a compromise regarding helmets in this game.

1: I don't really like having them permanently on, but at the same time don't like having them permanently off. It just seems unimmersive to go into a planet like Voeld, where there's temperatures of minus fifty degrees. Any skin exposed on THAT weather would immediately succumb to frostbite and rime. Ditto for a planet with heavy radiation, it just makes sense to have the environmental suit 100% sealed. However, I don't like having the helmet on while inside of a building, or in a safe zone, or once the planet has been healed of whatever environmental hazard plagued it. Unfortunately, the only settings for the helmet are either permanently off, or permanently on, or off during convos, and on during gameplay.

A compromise would be nice, where the helmet has an animation where it assembles itself on your head when you enter a zone with an environmental hazard, but opens when you are safe. Kinda the way Iron Man's suit works in the MCU movies, where specific pieces of the armor can dissassemble and just hide.

2: I really don't like it when companions have a helmet that consists of nothing more than a plastic transparent rebreather that only covers their mouths. Almost half the cast in ME2 had that (And again in ME3) and that annoying trend continues here. Peebee, and Jaal are the only members of the crew that refuse to put on a fucking helmet when we're in a dangerous zone full of radiation, or in outer fucking space, instead relying only on a tiny plastic fragile-looking rebreather that barely covers their mouths and noses. Come on, put a friking helmet.... :S

Actually, for me its the exact opposite.

Remnants are the worst, because they have far too many units that are a pain in the ass. With the Kett, the only unit that is really any trouble is the ascendant, and even then, if even one person on your team has the Isharay, Widow, or Black Widow, then destroying his spinny orb thingie is super easy. And fiends are really REALLY easy to kite and evade. They're dumb, they're slow, they lack any kind of ranged attack, and most importantly, they're predictable. A single Cobra RPG blast to the chest and they go down quick.

Remnant on the other hand have shit like Assemblers, who spawn Breachers infinitely unless you go out of your camping zone and actively seek them out. They have observers with that super annoying lazer-beam-spam attack that auto-locks on you and has super long range. They have the Nullifiers, who are like the fiends, but SOOOO much worse, as these have ranged attacks that can hit you even if you're behind cover, have an impregnable frontal shield that requires flanking and maneuvering to counter, have as much health and armor as a fiend, and while their attacks are telegraphed, if more than two nullifiers are onto you, your ass is grass.

And lastly, they have Destroyers, who make ascendants look like girl scouts. Between twin mini-gun turrets that rip you to shreds, a dual layer of shields and armor a lack of any weakpoints (at least none that I know of), an absolutely ginormicous amount of health, an AoE melee attack, a one-shotting grab attack, and a suicidal self-destruct for when you do manage to kill one. Ascendants are garbage next to these guys. At least the ascendants, nasty as they are, have an easy to spot weakness, that anyone with good aim and a strong sniper can one-shot reliably, and they have no additional defenses, no shields, no armor, so they're susceptible to combo attacks. And their main ranged attack is pretty easy to avoid, just keep away from their melee range, and move sideways to dodge their easily telegraphed attack.
    It depends on which class you're using. For a Biotics, Remnants are your kryptonite, yeah, thanks to the shields used by their two most dangerous units. For a tech user that has no flamer, punching through the armor of the Fiend or killing the Ascendant efficiently will be fairly hard. Weapon users are fairly even, and probably the most powerful kits in the game with decent guns, and outranging the Destroyers or quickly killing the Ascendant's orb with a sniper rifle makes your life much easier.

Also, Destroyers have a weak spot exposed when they rev up their laser blasts. Even a humble Viper can punch through their health bar at a decent rate when aiming there, can't imagine the hurt caused by a Black Widow or Isharay. Other than that, their turrest can be destroyed separately, and once they're down the beast becomes much less dangerous.

The only consensus is that Outlaws are the easiest by far. Only Berserkers and Hydras are really dangerous, the former are relatively fragile all things considered and the latter are nowhere near as deadly as Destroyers. They're the Geth of this game. Only time will tell if they get buffed like the Geth were.

Deleted
    it´s only me or is the crafting system retarded? spacially the locking behind levels?
    so i have to unlock armor IV (lvl25). then build it with 100% of the costs. with lvl 30 i can unlock and craft the armor V again with 100% of the cost?
    and the old armor is spamming the inventar. so you can sell it for cheap? why cant you upgrade your armor from IV to V with the difference of the cost? it would be so much easier...
    Last edited by mmocce481eb9f6; 2017-03-28 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally beat the game on Insanity.

Really disappointed in almost everything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Also, Destroyers have a weak spot exposed when they rev up their laser blasts. Even a humble Viper can punch through their health bar at a decent rate when aiming there, can't imagine the hurt caused by a Black Widow or Isharay. Other than that, their turrest can be destroyed separately, and once they're down the beast becomes much less dangerous.
    Can you tell me where this weak spot is? I have an Isharay, and I play an Asari Sentinel on the multiplayer (At least until I unlock the character I actually wanna use, the Asari Duelist) so I have access to both biotics and tech (Push, Backlash, and Energy Drain specifically) and still, the remnant give me FAR more issues than the kett.

The only unit of the kett that is somewhat problematic is the Destined, because they can make anyone around them invisible. 2 Anointed being cloaked is bad news with a capital B. Everything else about them is just miles easier. But Remnant? Ohh no, way too many gimmicky units. I breathe an audible sigh of relief when I queue for a multiplayer match and see that its against outlaws, or kett. I shudder at the prospect of fighting remnant.

At least in singleplayer I have access to my grotesquely overpowered profiles, and custom souped up guns with crazy augs to give me an edge. In multiplayer I feel a little naked against those bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Sorry to you guys who wasted money on this crap. Stop pre-ordering games.
    You're feeling sorry for me? What's there to be sorry about? That I'm having the time of my life? That I'm enjoying my game far more than anything else released in 2017 so far? That my pre-order bonuses are very sweet?

Save your sympathy, I have no use for it. The game is awesome. If YOU didn't enjoy it, that's too bad, but don't presume to speak for everyone else. Far more people have enjoyed it than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you tell me where this weak spot is?
    Dead center.

When the Destroyer stops and starts charging their laser, their chest opens and you see the light of the laser, that light is the weak spot.

Well got a Mattock in MP. A pea shooter in silver =(

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    it´s only me or is the crafting system retarded?
    Crafting system is beyond retarded, not as bad as the one they copied though (DAI) I had to cheat all research points and crafting materials to completely bypass it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The crafting system did not bother me much as nothing really replaces the BW. Definitely needs to encourage experimenting along with adjustments for the flavor augments.

Deleted
    I have no big issue with this game.

Crafting is quite simple. Have aguments and materials. craft item. put modes in it. End.

Journal is sorted for planets.

Face animations are bad. but nothing game breaking.

Story is good. (didnt finished yet)

AI is to much focused to be covered.

Encountered few bugs but it can be expected in such a huge game

Companions are funny

Good voice cast

MP is better then ME3 (farming gold now)

Im missing some box to put things in it i dont want to sell / destroy

Feeling of exploration (which this game is about)

Planet zoom camera could be little faster.

Combat is great

Character creator is joke

could be more types of enemies

MP - Pinpoint precision of Anointed with gatling gun across whole map is just.......

8/10
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-03-28 at 08:01 AM.

Well shit. Apparently there's no real way to ever do anything to Foster "my face is tired" Addison in the entire game.

She's abrasive, obstructive, incompetent, obnoxious, annoying, hypocritical, creepy, and downright corrupt, but there's no way to punish her, or make her suffer any consequence for her actions in the entire game. I need to stress this again: Where's a renegade punch interrupt when you really need one? If there's someone in this game that earned it in spades, its this bitch.

'Kay, gonna craft a level 1 of each weapon (or buy because I have all the credits in andromeda) and I'm gonna do some testing to see which one I like more.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2017-03-28 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I have no big issue with this game.

MP is better then ME3 (farming gold now)

8/10
    What do you play on? Cause on Xbox the multiplayer is worse than ME3. Its really buggy atm as well as laggy as fuck sometimes. I've had matches where an Ascendants orb just stayed in spot and let me shoot it, till I killed it then him and everyone is moving at a snails pace and others where 200 enemies suddenly surround me. There have been lots of disconnects and if it does happen to you, you can't rejoin a squad and all your shit is lost and you dont get any exp to show for it. Sometimes it takes a minute for your multiplayer character to load when you join a group, which I think may have been the cause of the bug where I ended up with some scrub base apex operative with an avenger and shotgun and no skills or items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    What do you play on? Cause on Xbox the multiplayer is worse than ME3. Its really buggy atm as well as laggy as fuck sometimes. I've had matches where an Ascendants orb just stayed in spot and let me shoot it, till I killed it then him and everyone is moving at a snails pace and others where 200 enemies suddenly surround me. There have been lots of disconnects and if it does happen to you, you can't rejoin a squad and all your shit is lost and you dont get any exp to show for it. Sometimes it takes a minute for your multiplayer character to load when you join a group, which I think may have been the cause of the bug where I ended up with some scrub base apex operative with an avenger and shotgun and no skills or items.
    Playing on PC with 3 friends. Im hosting games (100/10Mb optic) And we have no problem at all. Ascendants orb stay on 1 place when ascendant is casting his buble attack.

But never had problems you describing. Only once game crashed for me in MP. shame game starts from wave 1 and not the wave you were in.
    Game is laggy if host is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I think he meant combat.

Bugs are temporary. Design is permanent.

I've encountered my fair share of bugs in multiplayer (far more than in singleplayer where there's barely any) but I don't let them cloud my overall view of the multiplayer as a whole, because I know bugs get patched and corrected over time.

Having played the multiplayer in ME3 (however briefly, as I only did it during the demo period) and now having put a solid 10 hours into the multi in andromeda, I can say it is better than ME3's in terms of actual gameplay. For example, I don't get killed 50 times trying to climb a fucking ladder >_> God bless the jetpack. Its too limited at the moment because its freshly launched, so there's few classes, few levels, and no platinum mode, but they've said that there's a plethora of free DLC coming that will keep adding more characters, guns, levels, and features to the multiplayer to keep things interesting.