Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think the golden robos are random spawn, but only able to be killed once? There's a golden version of like all the basic robo guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    able to be killed once
    that's the main issue currently XD Probably ill need to wait to be more powerful.

EDIT: or following playthroughs. Afaik 9S has the ability to hack machines so likely it's the best way to kill them since front attacks do barely nothing.
    Spoiler tags just to be extra sure.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-28 at 12:57 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    that's the main issue currently XD Probably ill need to wait to be more powerful.

EDIT: or following playthroughs. Afaik 9S has the ability to hack machines so likely it's the best way to kill them since front attacks do barely nothing.
    Spoiler tags just to be extra sure.
    yeah you hack them, theres one in each zone including a gold tank in the desert by the apartment ruins. You get a lot of xp and money but thats it.

Now that i've finished grinding some stuff in FFXIV, i can focus more on this game.

And holy fuck what a treat, not that i expected anything else from Taro.
    Not that far yet, but gotten to the machine village, game is 10/10.
    From OST being even better than the original Nier to visually pleasing as fuck(especially 2b, constant boner)

Think the machine village track is my favorite so far, something about it that just makes it so unique, can't put my finger on it.
    Had goosebumps throughout the entire Carnival area, fantastic boss aswell.
    Running towards machine village while seeing those supply drops flying off in the distance, god damn.

I'm going to have a hard time deciding wether this, Nioh, Persona 5 and maybe a few other games like Blue Reflection is going to be my GoTY.
    It's going to be hard to top Nier, persona 5 and nioh atleast.

also pro tip: go to the park as 9s before it changes and hack a robot to remote control it and use that to hack the statue for tens of thousands of xp, even in the 70's you can get 3-5 levels from it

Question for people that have done already many playthroughs - is each NG+ the same as the first or more/different stuff happens? Not that this is going to stop me, just curious about what to expect. No spoilers please! I've just beaten the huge ass submarine/megarobot in the flooded city, how far i'm in the main story?

Question for people that have done already many playthroughs - is each NG+ the same as the first or more/different stuff happens? Not that this is going to stop me, just curious about what to expect. No spoilers please! I've just beaten the huge ass submarine/megarobot in the flooded city, how far i'm in the main story?
    Its not structured like any other game bar maybe Chrono Trigger. You are almost done with 2b's perspective, then you replay the events as 9s and then you restart again, get the opening credits and shit hits the fan

Is it going to offer me every side quest on every playthrough? And if yes should I be paying attention to dialogue etc for differences?

I just started the 9s run (I do not enjoy his combat style at all, sigh) and thus far a few of the side quests showed up but it seemed like the more mandatory ones, and there was nothing different in the dialogue. Wanna get through this as quick as possible cause I hate playing as 9s thus far but I don't want to miss out on anything.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

No but you get a chapter select later and it all persists.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its not structured like any other game bar maybe Chrono Trigger. You are almost done with 2b's perspective, then you replay the events as 9s and then you restart again, get the opening credits and shit hits the fan
    UH NICE.

I've saved 9S from Adam but just after the boss before all side quests (but two or three) disappeared. Am i doomed?

EDIT: didn't read comment above. I understand it as "side quests progress is brought over each playthrough and you can continue the next run and eventually unlock new ones".

So some side quests i've not been able to do are supposed to be done after, am i right?

UH NICE.

I've saved 9S from Adam but just after the boss before all side quests (but two or three) disappeared. Am i doomed?

EDIT: didn't read comment above. I understand it as "side quests progress is brought over each playthrough and you can continue the next run and eventually unlock new ones".

So some side quests i've not been able to do are supposed to be done after, am i right?
    Yes but you can still skip them if you get to far again in the 9s portion, but he also has additional sidequests since he plays completely differently. After beating the 2b, 9s and A2 sections you unlock a chapter select that tells you something like "31/33 quests complete by this point 2/3 9s completed 7/8 2b -/- A2" for example per chapter. Though some like repairing a goliath machine thats stuck in the sinkhole who just talks every so often is a funny one where you kind of need to stop progress and just keep leaving and coming back otherwise the next story hook is the whole sea colossus thing that starts the end boss run and basically cuts you off from it.

Think of sidequests like the 26 endings really, a lot of them involve deviating from how you would actually play and progress to do something different or possibly sequence breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Think of sidequests like the 26 endings really, a lot of them involve deviating from how you would actually play and progress to do something different or possibly sequence breaking.
    Not a problem at all i like varied gameplay. So basically once i do A B and C i can select the various zones and will have a tracker for the miseed stuff. That's nice.

Not a problem at all i like varied gameplay. So basically once i do A B and C i can select the various zones and will have a tracker for the miseed stuff. That's nice.
    Yeah nice compared to Nier where there is no questlog, no minimap or icons or any way to track quests beyond talking to the npc and being reminded to get 10 goat shanks or whatever

Amazing game in a lot of respects but like MGS3 theres bits of the gameplay that make it a bit tough to replay after a sequel does it way better.

Question about something I did not really find the answer for - where (or who, really) is the android Command? The ones who started the whole YoRHa project, who made the decision to wipe the twins memory after Gestalt's failure. Presumably the same ones who received orders from humans in the very beggining.
    One nice fan theory is that it was actually Popola and Devola models - since they were the ones who scrapped together human genome and sent it to moon after it was clear that mankind is going to be extinct in few generations - they could have started the YoRHa project and wiped their own memories to put the endless war cycle in motion.
    But then again, the androids on the moon who tend to the server (if I understood it right, there are few units doing that), must be thousands of years old. So... they? Unless there is some very secret super hidden bunker on Earth, which machines and other androids did not find.

Or, well, they are all simply long dead, soon after cycle started xD
    P.S.
    I especially like the whole idea that twins received programming making them feel guilty. Truly, androids were made in the image of their creators.

Ok, finished 2B's run. I must say i had the feeling of something finishing "too soon" - but last boss fight was awesome. I like how even if this is only the A ending, it still has some degree of "wrapping things up"; it's not like there's nothing left to explain (there's actually a lot) but 2B's story has everything cleared in the end.

Started 9S playthrough, hacking machines is fun to me though oneshotting stuff like that is kinda chesy XD (at least for me). Anyone can tell me where is the first save point after the start? I have reached the part after the first big chainsaw encounter, but then i had to turn the game off (hope i won't have to restart).

after you are dropped on the building in the sandbox area you drop off to the left and theres a save point -and if you got all the choice saches- a rideable animal waiting for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, finished 2B's run. I must say i had the feeling of something finishing "too soon" - but last boss fight was awesome. I like how even if this is only the A ending, it still has some degree of "wrapping things up"; it's not like there's nothing left to explain (there's actually a lot) but 2B's story has everything cleared in the end.

Started 9S playthrough, hacking machines is fun to me though oneshotting stuff like that is kinda chesy XD (at least for me). Anyone can tell me where is the first save point after the start? I have reached the part after the first big chainsaw encounter, but then i had to turn the game off (hope i won't have to restart).
    Route A "ending" is where the shit actually begins - which is Route C.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I hate playing as 9s thus far but I don't want to miss out on anything.
    Better start loving it, cuz it's gonna be a looooong ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Route A "ending" is where the shit actually begins - which is Route C.

- - - Updated - - -

Then i'll start playing as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, route A was pretty short even considering me taking my sweet time exploring and doing side quests. Does route B take longer?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean, route A was pretty short even considering me taking my sweet time exploring and doing side quests. Does route B take longer?
    You do all the same stuff and a lot more. Plus you can hack to remote control enemies making a lot of playstyles show up to mix it up.