love it! excited for 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Miiha View Post
    This is what i dont get following the logic that you should use BTE on cooldown with SIW up. I heard somewhere (think it was rogue discord) that at 36% crit BTE gets stronger then RT. Why dont you use BTE on cd in you rotation ( with SIW up) went you DONT have greenskins i only hear this talk when you have greenskins.

I guess the difference in damage is minimal..
    BTE doesn't work with the 4 piece so you lose out on the 25% chance to get a free SS. I feel like it not working with BTE was an oversight but I don't think they ever fixed it which kind of sucks.

Does anyone know what the relic priority with Greenskins is?

I currently have 3 RT relics since I only received the bracers recently. I tried simulating a 895 BtE relic in place of my current 885 RT relic but my simulated dps only went up by 1-2k. I imagine the loss in AoE damage wouldn't be worth an extra 1-2k single target. Also, I assume that the increased pistol crit % wouldn't be that useful with the shoulders. At the same time, the energy cost reduction on finishing moves is being reduced next patch so I assume that wouldn't be a good one to have either. I'd also assume the main gauche relic wouldn't be that useful because your main gauche won't trigger that much when you are constantly using BtE and pistol shot instead of RT.

So, does anyone know which relics are the best?
    Last edited by kyriacosvlachos; 2017-03-24 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    BTE doesn't work with the 4 piece so you lose out on the 25% chance to get a free SS. I feel like it not working with BTE was an oversight but I don't think they ever fixed it which kind of sucks.
    Yeah i know that and i also agrees that i BTE should work with the 4-set. Anyhow before NH there been no guides etc thats been saying that you should use BTE without the bracers when you have SIW up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyriacosvlachos View Post
    Does anyone know what the relic priority with Greenskins is?

I currently have 3 RT relics since I only received the bracers recently. I tried simulating a 895 BtE relic in place of my current 885 RT relic but my simulated dps only went up by 1-2k. I imagine the loss in AoE damage wouldn't be worth an extra 1-2k single target. Also, I assume that the increased pistol crit % wouldn't be that useful with the shoulders. At the same time, the energy cost reduction on finishing moves is being reduced next patch so I assume that wouldn't be a good one to have either. I'd also assume the main gauche relic wouldn't be that useful because your main gauche won't trigger that much when you are constantly using BtE and pistol shot instead of RT.

So, does anyone know which relics are the best?
    There is spreadsheets out there that shows how the values of the relics changes depending on what legendaries you have, though these are not updated with the greenskins nerfs and the additions of the mantle. Overall there is very limited on how much theorycrafting there is on outlaw that is up to date since 99 % of the rogues plays assa.

With 7,2 next week RT dmg relics will be the only really solid choice and BTE dmg, fatebringer and fortune strikes needs to have much higher ilvl until TOS comes out.

The next question is also how good the sabermetrics ( increase crit dmg on saberslash) trait will be seeing saberslash is a big part of our dmg and adrenaline rush cd reduce trait with the new teir 20 4 set bonus. ( as relic choices)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    This plus your relics/leggies - I personally have 3 RT relics and the boots, so BTE damage when it crits doesn't actually rivan my RT damage. Also no greed procs off of BTE. Imo people should just stay away from BTE unless you got the bracers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatterblack View Post
    I fall asleep playing Sin, can't do it.
    Yeah it's a lazy spec, don't switch.
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-03-26 at 01:07 AM.

Has anyone looked at outlaw trait priority for 7.2?

Deleted
    Im not sure if blizzard is counting on loaded dice to be really strong or why they are not doing any changes to Outlaw. Maybe they are waiting for the raid to open before additional tuning. But the problem is really just too low damage and dependancy on certain legendaries that buff the effectiveness of true bearing. Mantle probably need changes. But its really stupid if Outlaw continues to get beaten by other specs as much as it geta now

Deleted
    2p t19 + 4p t20 should be good I think. Also that will reduce the effect of the shoulders. Depends what you get. I wanna see the effect of the new trait for the Sabermetrics or however it's called. That crit damage of Saber Slash will definitely bring the damage up. Bad part is we will most likely need to switch away from the Fate Bringer. Fate Thrust or the new one eventually with ToS.

Deleted
    Will the new traits push Crit to be our main stat, by any chance?

Shivarran Symmetry Macros?

Is there consensus yet on the best way to work macros for Shivarran Symmetry? If not, could some of you who've used it share what's worked for you? Just picked it up today so I'll be setting these up next time I log on. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking...
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    /cast Run Through
    ...to replace my regular Run Through button.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Is there consensus yet on the best way to work macros for Shivarran Symmetry? If not, could some of you who've used it share what's worked for you? Just picked it up today so I'll be setting these up next time I log on. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking...
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    /cast Run Through
    ...to replace my regular Run Through button.
    So you turn blade flurry on in ST?

Don't use a macro for it, otherwise you get crap timing and can't fit what you need in the short window, or use it seperate for aoe only.

Deleted
    A more useful macro for this is one that can toggle off/on blade fury. I did not manage to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangus View Post
    So you turn blade flurry on in ST?

Don't use a macro for it, otherwise you get crap timing and can't fit what you need in the short window, or use it seperate for aoe only.
    I only use this macro for multi-target. I have another RT for single target. For me, this isn't about saving space on an action bar, it's about accomplishing more with each button. Regardless of whether you're clicking or using hot-keys, the more you accomplish with each one, the faster you can move to the next.

Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    /cast Run Through
    /cast Marked for Death
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik View Post
    A more useful macro for this is one that can toggle off/on blade fury. I did not manage to have that.
    How about...
    Code:
    #showtooltip Blade Flurry
    /cancelaura Blade Flurry
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    This will turn BF on with a single click, but may require a double-click to turn it off.

I only use this macro for multi-target. I have another RT for single target. For me, this isn't about saving space on an action bar, it's about accomplishing more with each button. Regardless of whether you're clicking or using hot-keys, the more you accomplish with each one, the faster you can move to the next.
    But since most abilities are on the GCD, the opportunities to do more then one thing with one button are limited.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But since most abilities are on the GCD, the opportunities to do more then one thing with one button are limited.
    Oh sure, of course. That's part of what makes macros fun, imo - experimenting to see what you can combine, what makes sense to combine, and how best to do it. Comparing notes with other players trying to create similar macros is also fun; both players may discover ideas they hadn't thought of.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok this macro definitely works, but is obviously only useful for multi-target fights:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    /cast Run Through
    /cast Marked for Death
    It has the advantage of ensuring high uptime on Shivarran, and of giving you a quick simple double-click when MfD is available, all in one button. If you are going to use this, however, you pretty much have to have a second RT button for single-target fights:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast Run Through
    /cast Marked for Death
    I am currently playing with the buttons side-by-side. I keep Blade Flurry (no macro) on the action bar so I can always see which way it's toggled and change it pre-fight when appropriate. Pairing these two macros allows me to use Shivarran, Run Through, and Marked for Death with just one twitch of the finger. Needing two of them (one for single target and one for multi-target) means tying up two hotkeys and/or two spaces on the action bar.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-03-28 at 08:49 AM.

Oh sure, of course. That's part of what makes macros fun, imo - experimenting to see what you can combine, what makes sense to combine, and how best to do it. Comparing notes with other players trying to create similar macros is also fun; both players may discover ideas they hadn't thought of.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok this macro definitely works, but is obviously only useful for multi-target fights:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast !Blade Flurry
    /cast Run Through
    /cast Marked for Death
    It has the advantage of ensuring high uptime on Shivarran, and of giving you a quick simple double-click when MfD is available, all in one button. If you are going to use this, however, you pretty much have to have a second RT button for single-target fights:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Run Through
    /cast Run Through
    /cast Marked for Death
    I am currently playing with the buttons side-by-side. I keep Blade Flurry (no macro) on the action bar so I can always see which way it's toggled and change it pre-fight when appropriate. Pairing these two macros allows me to use Shivarran, Run Through, and Marked for Death with just one twitch of the finger. Needing two of them (one for single target and one for multi-target) means tying up two hotkeys and/or two spaces on the action bar.
    But your setup uses 3 hotkeys?!
    -Voltaire
    winning

But your setup uses 3 hotkeys?!
    I don't use a hotkey to toggle BF on its own.
    How many hotkeys do you use for RT, BF, and MfD? and how many buttons does it take for you to use all three in combat?

I don't use a hotkey to toggle BF on its own.
    How many hotkeys do you use for RT, BF, and MfD? and how many buttons does it take for you to use all three in combat?
    You said you have BF on your bar to see whether it's toggled.
    For those 3 abilities, i use 3 buttons.
    I don't see any advantage yet for your setup.
    -Voltaire
    winning

You said you have BF on your bar to see whether it's toggled.
    For those 3 abilities, i use 3 buttons.
    I don't see any advantage yet for your setup.
    My setup takes three spaces on the action bar, but only one twitch of the finger to use all three. No matter how fast your reflexes are, it's still faster to twitch once than 3 times.