Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Either way the Taxpayers are paying for it, EVEN if she was in DC we'd pay for the security, If they did pay for it out of pocket then they would be using taxpayers money because their paycheck is from taxes.

EVERY PRESIDENT HAS WASTEFUL SPENDING, Obama visited Hawaii often, The bushes took vacations... get over your pettiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Who elected Marlena Trump president?
    who is that? :P

You mean Melania?

Anyway, the spending on the Trump clan is ridiculous. That monkey cost us in the first month as much on security detail expenses, as Obama cost for an entire year.
    And that, I believe, doesn't even count local police expenses just federal spending.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    Either way the Taxpayers are paying for it, EVEN if she was in DC we'd pay for the security, If they did pay for it out of pocket then they would be using taxpayers money because their paycheck is from taxes.

EVERY PRESIDENT HAS WASTEFUL SPENDING, Obama visited Hawaii often, The bushes took vacations... get over your pettiness.
    DC is different because the city is paid through SS funds for temporary road closures. The reason why they requested that much more money is due to the travel security for his progeny. This is just another slap to the face of US citizens because the WH is beneath him.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Well the article wasn't about Donald moving, as he has already moved afaik.
    It was no attempt to defend the Trumps or anything, was genuinely interested if it was normal for the presidents family to also drop everything and move right away, and since it is normal for them to do that, its bad that they think they should stay in NYC, they would ave known beforehand that it means they would be expected to move to DC.
    Moving school sucks for a child though, unfair on him just because his dad decided he wanted to be president, but Donny should have thought about that i guess.
    I was assuming that poor people wouldn't keep 2 homes.

But, the kids come with the president. The wife comes with the president. What's not unique as well, is Trump not putting his business in a blind Trust. Resulting in a small problem... every and all times that the president and his family stay at their property, it goes directly to Trump's pockets. Because Trump both still owns his business and is the president, it creates a conflict of interest. Where his business directly benefits from his trips to property he owns. It's in his best interest, to have his family in different properties he owns, to collect more money. Not saying it's why he does it, but this sort of conflict of interest, is why other presidents put their business in a blind trust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

You mean Melania?

Anyway, the spending on the Trump clan is ridiculous. That monkey cost us in the first month as much on security detail expenses, as Obama cost for an entire year.
    And that, I believe, doesn't even count local police expenses just federal spending.
    You don't want to see what I typed to get autocorrected to that.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

False...
    L2math... Not meth.. Math..
    There's a big difference in the various Presidents costs.
    Besides, Obama didn't visit Hawaii often. Some times ain't often. What's often? Hitting the golf course once every 3 days.. Flying to Florida every fucking weekend.
    That is often..

- - - Updated - - -

You don't want to see what I typed to get autocorrected to that.
    Oh, I would love to lol

10+ Year Old Account

Even if oh believe that and try to deflect by normalizing... Trump is unique that he owns these properties and explicitly benefits from these, because unlike every president you listed... he didn't put his business in a blind trust. Bush's favorite spot was his ranch, which government didn't pay for. Obama might have visited Hawaii often, but he wasn't paying him self to stay there.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Who elected Marlena Trump president?

You might want to read up what it's doing to the city where Trump frequents to golf. You know how much it costs for an airport to be shut down on the weekend? There are few people happy about all the trips... the biggest beneficiary being those owning the property where Trump golfs... if only we knew who that was...
    Who elected Michele Obama, Barbara Bush or any of the families? Should Obamas daughters not get Ss protection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Who elected Michele Obama, Barbara Bush or any of the families? Should Obamas daughters not get Ss protection?
    Is the issue protection or the fact that they are receiving protection they wouldn't need if they stayed in the White House, as every FLOTUS you listed?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disingenuous

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I don't find it unreasonable that they don't want to transfer schools mid year. That is hard on any child.
    Millions of children have gone through a change of school mid-year in history without traumatic consequences, millions will go through the same thing in the future and all will survive. As hard as it can be at first, it helps to build character and social connections, especially at a young age.

Wasting taxpayers money that could be spent on children that actually are having an hard time in their life, such as foster kids - they do have an hard time moving home, school, city on a regular basis -, is a slap in the face of every American citizen. The Trump family has the money, if they want to spoil and be over protective towards their kid is their right to do so, but they should foot the bill too.

Is the issue protection or the fact that they are receiving protection they wouldn't need if they stayed in the White House, as every FLOTUS you listed?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disingenuous
    So she's not free? Can she still travel?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the first lady is part of the elected package. I'd argue that's the case since Jackie Kennedy redefined the role of the first lady.

The problem we're having is not the people that need the protection. It's the excessive, rather erratic behavior of these people.
    You are the first lady, your place is in the White House. There you get protection, not somewhere else, to literally double the efforts.
    You're the President, you live at the White House. There you get protection, not every weekend in Florida, at a venue that's problematic to secure in the first place.

Trump does what Trump does best.... Not giving a fuck about how things suppose to be.
    If he doesn't want to give up his lifestyle nor his family, then why bother running for office?
    Others have in the past made those decisions in favor of their own private life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Millions of children have gone through a change of school mid-year in history without traumatic consequences, millions will go through the same thing in the future and all will survive. As hard as it can be at first, it helps to build character and social connections, especially at a young age.

Wasting taxpayers money that could be spent on children that actually are having an hard time in their life, such as foster kids - they do have an hard time moving home, school, city on a regular basis -, is a slap in the face of every American citizen. The Trump family has the money, if they want to spoil and be over protective towards their kid is their right to do so, but they should foot the bill too.
    Ironically enouph, by the time I was Baron's age, I've been to 3 schools in 3 different countries. Immigration for the win!

- - - Updated - - -

So she's not free? Can she still travel?
    Who is saying she isn't free or cannot travel? Is she a human? You think she is an octopod? If you are going to distract with nonsense, at least make it funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    If this was not Cheetorito himself, I will say for context that this is stupid and just an reaction. I understand not wantingto move the future Uday or Qusay out of school.

Having said that Trump is again a BIG fat cheeto hypocrite. More to the fact that tax payer money is going to his pocket.

I read that Congress is calling for an accounting of the Mar a Largo trips and basically are tax payers getting taking advantage. Now is it political? Yes. You can also say how silent so called "conservatives" seem to be.
    Who/what is a "Cheetorito"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

You mean Melania?

Kek....
    Did you just call Obama a "monkey"? Oh my we can't have that now can we? That would be "racist"
    Or was it Trump? That is okay to call Trump a "monkey". For some reason that would not be "racist".

Deleted
    Fair request but nothing's gonna come out of it.

Sorry buddy, if you don't like Trump getting roasted over his constant $3m trips you should've told him not to make a big stoush about Obama's costs that he is so far exceeding by a ratio of 10:1.

Again, he made his bed and now he has to lie in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think it would be more appropriate for her to live in the White House, which she has said she will do once their son is out of school. But since there is no law against it, not sure what can be done. A petition in itself may not accomplish anything. But a act of congress in passing a law would. So that is how Congress should handle it. But the President has veto power and it will take 2/3 of the votes to override it. Not likely.
    While they could force his hand doing that, the kid has what 2 months left of school? Doubt they could get it done in that time.

well given how useless these petitions are NY'es are gonna have to wait a couple more months. still the amount of money this administration wastes on just existing is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    But they do have a reason. To shovel the tax money in their own pockets, like with Trumps little every weekend golf vacations.
    Except they're not really getting anything from staying in the Trump towers, everything is going towards expenses, not their pockets.

I agree with the golf outings though, that's downright shady and I don't see how it's legal. That and having his daughter in the white house screams of insider dealings.

It's just so petty, the people who are for open borders and cradle to grave welfare are now "concerned " about some small amount of money. It's just so petty and salty
    maybe you missed how "concerned" trump was.....about the small amount of money related to golf, vacations and spending money on family

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/politi...nds/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    maybe you missed how "concerned" trump was.....about the small amount of money related to golf, vacations and spending money on family

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/politi...nds/index.html
    no no no, ya see pointing out Trumps hypocrisy is just flat out petty, no matter how egregious it is, cuz reasons!