Poll: Is it acceptable to refuse this man service?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really despise all this liberal vs conservative nonsense. Especially when we don't know the stances of anyone in the article aside from the "victim" is a trump supporter, and the bar tenders were not.

We are generalizing and assuming way too much about the people in the story, and about the masses in general. There can be no intellectual gain from this sort of bickering, and it only serves to rustle peoples jimmies.

Such nonsense.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What we know

1. Its in NYC, a busy place where bar culture is not the same as other places.
    2. Its common to be passed over in busy bars if the bar tenders are very busy, this is true even in less busy places
    3. Its in NYC so the odds are it was not exactly a quiet bar.
    4. they were served drinks, a few rounds
    5. there are claims of snarky comments
    6. they were removed

seems we are missing some chunks of story.
    From whats being reported, I think we can safely assume the issue was because they were trump supports. Lets stop trying to inject our own alternative facts where evidence is missing ok?

I'm not a Trump fan myself, I wish whole heartedly Bernie was out POTUS, but per the article they were being skipped/ignored because of their political beliefs. Unless you have a source stating otherwise, you are just making up facts to suit your own interpretation. The manager openly stated they weren't welcome due to political beliefs, and one of the waiters at teh very least heavily implied she wouldn't serve them because of political beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Do you think it's acceptable to refuse service to someone, simply because they were wearing a "Make America Great Again!" hat?

http://nypost.com/2017/03/19/guy-wea...-to-serve-him/
    The tolerant left strikes again, disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post
    From whats being reported, I think we can safely assume the issue was because they were trump supports. Lets stop trying to inject our own alternative facts where evidence is missing ok?

I'm not a Trump fan myself, I wish whole heartedly Bernie was out POTUS, but per the article they were being skipped/ignored because of their political beliefs. Unless you have a source stating otherwise, you are just making up facts to suit your own interpretation.
    the article is stating their claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    If they had any brain between their ears they could've just said that he violated the dress code.
    To be fair, this entire story is from the Trump fans perspective because he didn't get his drinks. There are no direct quotes or comments from the bar staff, only claimed quotes from the Trump fan.

It's entirely possible he just didn't get his second round of drinks and then tried to make a discrimination case so he could get rich/famous, or just fake news some shit up about how mean liberals were to him.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-03-28 at 03:29 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    The tolerant left strikes again, disgusting.
    Who is "the left"? Do you know if the bar tenders are liberals or democrats? Can you point me to their quote stating their political affiliation?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    That's a physical impossibility. If you believe in right of refusal, and I don't, then if I go into your bar... what happens? Do you get to kick me out or do I get to not be treated that way?
    Little complications in it, but the idea is to give discrimination to those who want it, not to those who don't. Don't want to discriminate? It won't be used against you without consequences. Want to discriminate? Get it yourself anywhere you go, with no consequence, then see how long you'd like it.

I predict moods would change rapidly on whether it's a fun practice or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So… a few people have touched on it, and here’s the reason I posted this: When the story broke about the bakery refusing to cater a same-sex marriage, this forum was in a fucking uproar about how it was discrimination, when in fact, the bakery owner was just exercising his right to freedom of religion. The owner of the bakery refused to cater the wedding, and stated that the couple was welcome in his store; he just didn’t want to participate in the wedding because it violated his religious beliefs. Now we switch things up and deny a Trump supporter service (it’s irrelevant that he was served a few rounds, the manager asked him to leave), and more than half say it was acceptable to refuse him service. The hypocrisy is real folks…
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    The business owner has a right to refuse service to anyone they want.
    Be it a gay wedding not getting a cake or a lad in a MAGA hat not getting a drink.

Being butthurt about one thing, while ok with the other one is moronic.
    Basically this. WAS that baker forced to bake that cake though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Are people that wear ugly hats a protected class?
    Do one need to be from a protected class to order some drink in a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Basically this. WAS that baker forced to bake that cake though?
    Court costs and legal fees put him out of business.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

so… a few people have touched on it, and here’s the reason i posted this: When the story broke about the bakery refusing to cater a same-sex marriage, this forum was in a fucking uproar about how it was discrimination, when in fact, the bakery owner was just exercising his right to freedom of religion. The owner of the bakery refused to cater the wedding, and stated that the couple was welcome in his store; he just didn’t want to participate in the wedding because it violated his religious beliefs. Now we switch things up and deny a trump supporter service (it’s irrelevant that he was served a few rounds, the manager asked him to leave), and more than half say it was acceptable to refuse him service. The hypocrisy is real folks…
    "this is the same as the cake issue reeeeeeeee"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I really despise all this liberal vs conservative nonsense. Especially when we don't know the stances of anyone in the article aside from the "victim" is a trump supporter, and the bar tenders were not.

We are generalizing and assuming way too much about the people in the story, and about the masses in general. There can be no intellectual gain from this sort of bickering, and it only serves to rustle peoples jimmies.

Such nonsense.
    It is..... but then, there's another viewpoint..... another angle.
    Everyone who generalizes it into a "liberals again", "conservatives again" kind of responses...
    Quite frankly, everyone with such response is about as dumb as a slice of bread... A simple primate has more intelligence to offer.

Because, it really needs an exceptional amount of stupidity to reflect the action of one, two or few onto hundreds of millions...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Do one need to be from a protected class to order some drink in a bar?
    They ordered and were served.

This is just a man baby crying for attention.

A business has a right to refuse service as long as it is not being discriminatory.

So… a few people have touched on it, and here’s the reason I posted this: When the story broke about the bakery refusing to cater a same-sex marriage, this forum was in a fucking uproar about how it was discrimination, when in fact, the bakery owner was just exercising his right to freedom of religion. The owner of the bakery refused to cater the wedding, and stated that the couple was welcome in his store; he just didn’t want to participate in the wedding because it violated his religious beliefs. Now we switch things up and deny a Trump supporter service (it’s irrelevant that he was served a few rounds, the manager asked him to leave), and more than half say it was acceptable to refuse him service. The hypocrisy is real folks…
    So did the baker make two rounds of cakes before refusing service? The hypocrisy is your imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    "this is the same as the cake issue reeeeeeeee"
    the REEEEEEEEEEE needs to be capitalized

They ordered and were served. Then the manager kicked them out for a hat he was wearing, despite not having a dress code that prohibits hats.
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you.
    No,
    They claim they were kicked out for the hat.

Claim

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't see how a person's inherent qualities that they did not choose and cannot change are different than a hat.