Poll: Is it acceptable to refuse this man service?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Women are...
    actually, i take that back.. The Hillary campaign slogan isn't protected, of course.
    Okay, since you admit in this particular situation "MAGA" = "I am with her" disregard
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    No I am not, you still didn't explain how "I am with her"(which is a pro-Clinton shirt) would've been illegal to disqualify, while "MAGA" gets no service. Simply because I am with her implies herpderp women rights????? Cuz if that's what your saying, the issue is on a completely different level and revolves around something known as reverse discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I am not, you still didn't explain how "I am with her"(which is a pro-Clinton shirt) would've been illegal to disqualify, while "MAGA" gets no service. Simply because I am with her implies herpderp women rights????? Cuz if that's what your saying, the issue is on a completely different level and revolves around something known as reverse discrimination.
    Already said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree
    The Hillary campaign slogan isn't protected, of course.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Article says he got 86'd..
    Generally means he got kicked out of the venue.
    For non-americans: wtf is "86'd" in normal human language ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, since you admit in this particular situation "MAGA" = "I am with her" the above doesn't matter.
    Yeah, in both cases the person wearing the campaign attire is not protected by the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    For non-americans: wtf is "86'd" in normal human language ?
    The answer, you quoted it lol
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eighty-six

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It's either all okay or it's not okay. If people were put out of business for not making gay wedding cakes, these people should suffer the same fate. I think it's retarded but fair is fair.
    2 drinks, 0 cakes. One is serving something, the other is refusing to serve at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    And you don't see how someone not liking a hat is different from someone's constitutional rights to freedom of religion?
    Religion is a choice and as such I don't believe it should be protected. And even so protected, because it's a choice, orientation, among other things, should rightfully trump it in a battle of rights.

As the saying goes, "Your rights end where other's begin."
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2017-03-28 at 04:01 PM.

I would simply introduce a blanket ban for ANY kind of political statement. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Religion is a choice and as such I don't believe it should be protected. And even so protected, because it's a choice, orientation, among other things, should rightfully trump it in a battle of rights.

As the saying goes, "Your rights end where other' begin."
    The protection of the religious freedom in the US constitution has an interesting reason.
    It's there, primarily to prevent a government instated religion from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'd ask if your Alliance characters have more total levels than your Horde
    The answer to that would be a resounding 'no'.

I'd totally get kicked out of Linadra's Bar, wouldn't I?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    The answer to that would be a resounding 'no'.

I'd totally get kicked out of Linadra's Bar, wouldn't I?
    No, you get the Horde section. It's only cleaned once a week, but then again, Horde mudhuts aren't clean either

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Sure, businesses should be able to serve or not serve whomever the hell they want.

That also extends to bakers not wanting to bake a cake for a gay wedding or other equally asinine decisions. People are also free to boycott establishments that make these choices.
    Change it to "bakers not wanting to bake a cake for a black person", and you'll see why it's a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    The protection of the religious freedom in the US constitution has an interesting reason.
    It's there, primarily to prevent a government instated religion from happening.
    True. It's basically a we won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with us compromise. I can understand that in a governmental sense. But I just don't get it when it comes to non-governmental businesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you get the Horde section. It's only cleaned once a week, but then again, Horde mudhuts aren't clean either
    Outside the backdoor. Next to the trash containers...
    After all, Horde are used to slums conditions anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Do you think it's acceptable to refuse service to someone, simply because they were wearing a "Make America Great Again!" hat?

http://nypost.com/2017/03/19/guy-wea...-to-serve-him/
    I'm not sure what the law has to say about that, but as a human being in general that's pretty unacceptable to refuse service to someone because they're wearing a fucking hat that expresses a political view. It's just a despicable thing for someone to do. It's along the same lines as religious discrimination. You're hating someone because of what they believe.

I'm assuming they felt justified in refusing this person service because they thought something along the lines of "Hey, this person must be a racist, bigoted, misogynist ass hole". And that is completely ignorant. Just as ignorant as looking at a Muslim and thinking, "Hey, this person must be a terrorist."

So there it is. Respect people's political views like you respect someone's religious beliefs. If you can't respect those then maybe you should be refused service.

Now if you're wearing something that portrays Osama Bin Laden/Hitler/Stalin/Hussein as a hero or some mass murderer that just could not possibly be anything else but horrible, well that's another story. Then you can safely assume that person is either a troll or pure evil.

I think it's fine to refuse service.

Generally, I am not in favor of law that denies independently, privately owned &/or small businesses the capacity to refuse service for any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Generally, I am not in favor of law that denies independently owned &/or small businesses the capacity to refuse service for any reason.
    Do they just not teach US history in schools anymore?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I totally love the picture of him with his lawyer. Classy as fuck.

In addition, I think, it is just a bad behaviour, of carrying your political point of view around every moment...

Outside the backdoor. Next to the trash containers...
    After all, Horde are used to slums conditions anyway lol
    Hmm...Need to charge them the price of the glasses along with the drinks. They might run off with those!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    True. It's basically a we won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with us compromise. I can understand that in a governmental sense. But I just don't get it when it comes to non-governmental businesses.
    hey, I'm all with you there.
    There should be a strict separation of church and state clause. That would imo outrule govt imposed religion also.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...Need to charge them the price of the glasses along with the drinks. They might run off with those!
    Yes, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Im not sure, whats the US laws on discriminating for political opinions or clothing? If its not against the law, go for it.
    In Saudi Arabia it's legal to stone people. Guess I should just go for it if I'm there and someone is being stoned. When in Rome, right? The law is all that matters. Fuck morality.