Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Europe’s first sex robot brothel forced out of as prostitutes complain of competition

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...omplain-police

EUROPE’S first sex robot brothel has been forced to move after real-life prostitutes complained sex dolls were stealing their trade.

The original location in Barcelona at 2 Baixada de Sant Miquel had been in the Spanish city’s Gothic quarter, north of the cathedral.

But the brothel, not far from La Rambla in the heart of the city has now moved to a mystery new location with a receptionist saying the address would only be given out to paying customers.

Prostitutes who work in the city with Aprosex - the Association of Sex Professionals - objected saying a doll cannot match the services of a real person and denigrates real sex workers to merely being an object.

A statement on their website read: "The sex-affection of a person can not be provided by a doll. They are different and compatible services. They do not communicate.

"They do not listen to you or caress you, they do not comfort you or look at you. They do not give you their opinion or drink a glass of champagne with you.”

Janet, a prostitute with over 30 years in the industry, who works in the city’s Raval district said: "It is another strategy of the patriarchy that presents us as objects without rights or soul. A privilege of the wealthy classes.”

She added the initiative was "a fetish for many men and women who wish to return to a childhood lacking in affection”.

Municipal police in the Catalonian capital also launched an investigation into the legality of the brothel which offered clients sex with realistic state-of-the-art polymer sex dolls after it opened late last month.

However when the authorities tried to carry out a routine inspection they discovered that the business had since moved out of the premises.

The owner of the venue claimed they were not aware of what the property was being used for and only became aware of its use when they recognised the walls from photographs published on the internet.

The owner has since cancelled the tenancy agreement with the Lumidolls entrepreneurs.

When contacted, the brothel’s receptionist said she could not give out much information but said that the business was still operating.

She said: “We are simply moving to another place.”

Lumidolls - a pun on a Spanish slang term for prostitute - is believed to be the first such brothel to open in Europe after similar venues in places like Japan and China were hugely popular.

The brothel offered the services of four life-like dolls which cost around £4,373 ($4,300, €5,000) to produce and are made in the US and made out of thermoplastic elastomer, charging punters around £105 (€120) for two hours.

Each one is unique and made to order although they measure between 1.6 and 1.7 meters tall and weigh 40 kilos.

The brothel’s website claims: “These are totally realistic dolls, both in the movement of their joints to the touch of their skin that will allow you to fulfil all your fantasies.”

It adds: “These sex dolls will make the experience more pleasurable, exciting and erotic.”
    kek.

30 years in the prostitute business?

Ew, not my cup of tea.

Sex dolls that are extremely realistic is just one step closer to a population decrease that the world actually needs.

This is probably the best way to do it too :P No wars, no eugenics, no mass killings, just the birth of less and less children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

Ew, not my cup of tea.
    Haha, my first thought reading the article as well. For some reason this came ot my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't give a good experience, people won't buy. STFU imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just more robits takin their jerbs again.

Deleted
    Hahahahahahaha

Free market, bitches. (literally)

OH SOB I was eating. /barf

Deleted
    No industry is safe from automation!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Hahahahahahaha

Free market, bitches. (literally)
    Pretty sure in this case it is protectionist bitches.

10+ Year Old Account

Ew, not my cup of tea.
    uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh...... I mean someones gotta be into that

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Not me, that's for sure. Glad there wasn't a picture, the mental image would have required some brain bleach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me, that's for sure. Glad there wasn't a picture, the mental image would have required some brain bleach.
    The best bleach

It's essentially a sex toy rental service. The issue, I would think, would be more one of hygiene than anything else. A used sex doll? No ta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Probably when you're on a budget?

Wouldn't want to be the maintenance technician for those things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow. robots really are taking everyone's jobs.

also over 30 years of experience as a prostitute. I don't know why, but this just disturbs me.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, as the name of business was already mentioned: that's their website

http://www.lumidolls.com/en/ NSFW for pictures of the girls.

For the secret movement of the business: they will open tomorrow again.

I doubt that a robot can give you the same feeling. Paying for sex with a robot is also pretty stupid. Robots have dignity too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Municipal police in the Catalonian capital also launched an investigation into the legality of the brothel which offered clients sex with realistic state-of-the-art polymer sex dolls after it opened late last month.

However when the authorities tried to carry out a routine inspection they discovered that the business had since moved out of the premises.

The owner of the venue claimed they were not aware of what the property was being used for and only became aware of its use when they recognised the walls from photographs published on the internet.

The owner has since cancelled the tenancy agreement with the Lumidolls entrepreneurs.

When contacted, the brothel’s receptionist said she could not give out much information but said that the business was still operating.

She said: “We are simply moving to another place.”"

So they weren't actually, "forced out of as prostitutes complain of competition". [correction] They were forced out because the landlord didn't know they opened a sex shop and cancelled their lease because of that alone. Click Bait Bullshit.

On another note, ""They do not listen to you or caress you, they do not comfort you or look at you. They do not give you their opinion or drink a glass of champagne with you.”" is something I absolutely agree with. That and the fact that these dolls still do not look real. They look incredibly fake still.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-03-28 at 04:28 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.