Poll: Is it acceptable to refuse this man service?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As of now political opinions are not a protected class for anti-discrimination. Legally there's nothing wrong with refusing service to him. As far as my personal opinion goes, Trump's political rhetoric isn't some poorly understood mystery. If people are supportive of him, they're supportive of it, or permissive of it. That's reason enough to refuse them service.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    depends on if it is a public or private business. also denying based on statistics or likelyhood to get in an accident is NOT a federally protected class since statistics are by themselves not biased. african american/jamaican/african/etc is a federally proctected class from discrimination based on the fact you refused him because of his race.
    as per this bill:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
    Doesnt matter if it's "protected" or not. It's all the same exact discrimination regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I read NYC bar and had a mini heart attack

third year of law school does that.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    If they had any brain between their ears they could've just said that he violated the dress code.

No need, they didn't discriminate in violation of any Protected Class, the guest has no merit for a case and the only reason they wouldn't want to have tossed him out is if their clientele wasn't primarily Liberal.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's what is claimed, but not what has been backed up with anything.
    with his sworn statement... silly you

and you bet the bartender wont bother lying on oath over something small and stupid (stupid that they had a problem with the hat)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Im not sure, whats the US laws on discriminating for political opinions or clothing? If its not against the law, go for it.

Neither are Protected classes.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    with his sworn statement... silly you

and you bet the bartender wont bother lying on oath over something small and stupid (stupid that they had a problem with the hat)
    So the hat wearer is beyond doubt, but the bar tender will definitely lie? Seems you may be a bit biased in your opinion.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Doesn't any establishment have a right to refuse service to anyone they see fit? It's up to them to deal with the backlash or loss of clients for doing so.

Why is this a thread?
    they do like the bakery that didnt wanna make a cake for a gay couple but that resulted in bigtime backlash
    mr pickles

That's what is claimed, but not what has been backed up with anything.
    Im sure dude perjured himself for the luls.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Doesnt matter if it's "protected" or not. It's all the same exact discrimination regardless.

Nope.

You're only in violation of Civil Rights law (aka Discrimination) if it's based on a Protected Class.

So the hat wearer is beyond doubt, but the bar tender will definitely lie? Seems you may be a bit biased in your opinion.
    bartender wont bother lying
    No, he said the barkeep wont bother lying.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They have the right to refuse, just like they could refuse someone with a pro-obama shirt.
    This. I've managed bars and clubs for going on 10 years now. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that don't understand what "Right to refuse service" means. It's a private establishment, they can refuse you service for ANY reason they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    This. I've managed bars and clubs for going on 10 years now. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that don't understand what "Right to refuse service" means. It's a private establishment, they can refuse you service for ANY reason they want to.
    Outside of discrimination protected by laws, yes, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Nope.

You're only in violation of Civil Rights law (aka Discrimination) if it's based on a Protected Class.
    All discrimination is the same is what i'm saying, legally speaking or not. Doesnt matter if you make up laws to protect whom you see fit from it. It's still the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Outside of discrimination protected by laws, yes, you're right.
    I wonder. Can you then refuse service to a black person for being black, when he is wearing a MAGA hat? Or does it only work for white people?

Was not allowed in Washington Redskins bar with Bills jersey on. Did not complain to a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    all of these people are assholes.
    Oh... yes, yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

All discrimination is the same is what i'm saying, legally speaking or not. Doesnt matter if you make up laws to protect whom you see fit from it. It's still the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder. Can you then refuse service to a black person for being black, when he is wearing a MAGA hat? Or does it only work for white people?
    Well you can as long as you're refusing them because they are wearing the MAGA hat, but of course we know what the argument would be in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post

Technically it's more no reason, not any reason.

Bars that only serve alcohol do have less restrictions on that right, but are by no means private establishments. But a club, where there's entertainment, or a pub, where there's food, do have the same standard as restaurants and other public establishments.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    liberals claim to be open minded and accepting but that only lasts until you have an opinion different from theirs. Thing is when you call them out on it they'll come out of the woodwork to say "but republicans do it!!" Just like the liberals on the forum will do in this thread.

[Infracted]
    Case in point. Endus infracting for that statement. Seriously, grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

No, yes, no.

The moment you bring race in it violates Civil Rights, but if you just say the refusal of service is due to the hat it's fine. Of course your tone of delivery and body language can give cause for a discrimination suit.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    No, yes, no.

The moment you bring race in it violates Civil Rights, but if you just say the refusal of service is due to the hat it's fine. Of course your tone of delivery and body language can give cause for a discrimination suit.
    The discrimination is the still the same, just not the outcome. We're not talking about outcome here, we're talking about the act of discrimination. If i refuse service to someone based on the color of their skin it's the exact same act as me refusing service to someone else based on their age/sex/religion/political standpoint/sexual preferance/etc. There is absolutely no difference in the act itself.