Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I wouldn't say rewarding but I can see why some people don't see spamming M+ as fun.
    He needs to define what "fun and rewarding content" means. Does he mean content that throws gear at him with ilvls that always increase? Does he mean more LFR? I mean what can he mean in regards to "fun and rewarding?"

The game has arguably more content than WoD, Mop, Cata, and most likely WoTLK by the end of the expansion.

I mean the developers have done a fantastic job, they surprised us with:

** An extra raid with 3 bosses between EN and NH

** A raid-like dungeon in Karazhan that was expertly revamped

** Tons of lore and story quests with many rewards including a sweet mount

** Tons of items and toys that no other expansion has been able to match.

I mean, whats rewarding? What type of game is the dude expecting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    MoP had challenge modes too.
    Yep, that was one great thing about the Mop dungeons. So i take back my comment about dungeons not being relevant in Mop, there was just a lack of them. Mop was the first expansion to bring in the idea of challenge modes and making dungeons relevant past just the leveling and initial raid gearing. So kudos to the dev team for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Legion is not lacking content. Legion is lacking fun and rewarding content.
    there is plenty of Rewarding content, or are you looking for "easy rewarding content". M+ alone has great rewards for a fluctuating difficulty content from week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I disagree.

Gate of the Setting Sun.
    Shado-Pan Monastery.
    Stormstout Brewery.
    Scholomance revamp.
    Siege of Nuizao Temple.

I mean I know @Jaylock isn't keen on MoP from past posts which is entirely his choice and I would never tell him otherwise but I like these dungeons. I'm sure he at least likes 1 of those 5 I listed?
    Wait a fuck...

Hmmm....

Never heard of em...

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No other expansion had more dungeons except TBC and WoTLK (16 each) and we are only at the midway point in the expansion.

I broke Karazhan into 2 dungeons because each half is the length of one dungeon, and since Blizz is breaking them up into two parts in the dungeon finder, they count as 2.
    rofl...anything to get the number up, right?

So Legion is lacking content? Yeah oooooookkkaaaaayyyyyy.
    So, I would like to point you to your prior quoted statement above. "No expansion had more dungeons except TBC and WoTLK". Why did you need that caveat?

Furthermore, why did you stop counting at dungeons. How about raids?

Now, don't get me wrong, it does appear that Blizz put in more effort on this expansion than the last couple, but let's put this in perspective. It is still a good ways short of those caveats (even with your creative counting of Karazhan), and it doesn't look so awesome when you start looking at raids.

So good on Blizz for putting in more than the bare minimal effort that they put in to WoD...but they still have a long ways to go to deliver the service they used to provide back in BC and Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    MoP had challenge modes too.
    If only the gear they gave was beyond Mogu'shan vaults tier....

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

So, I would like to point you to your prior quoted statement above. "No expansion had more dungeons except TBC and WoTLK". Why did you need that caveat?

Now, don't get me wrong, it does appear that Blizz put in more effort on this expansion than the last couple, but let's put this in perspective. It is still a good ways short of those caveats (even with your creative counting of Karazhan), and it doesn't look so awesome when you start looking at raids.

So good on Blizz for putting in more than the bare minimal effort that they put in to WoD...but they still have a long ways to go to deliver the service they used to provide back in BC and Wrath.
    Or because Karazhan is actually 2 parts now? Except on base Mythic. Why is it "creative?" Or are you just looking to attack the OP?

"Provide" Yeah, because infinite wipes, and crowd control in Dungeons/Raids was really "Delivering in content".

-_-

yes legion has lots of dungeons, but the real question is whether it makes for a more enjoyable experience. Is more better?

Is the quality of those dungeons better than in the past?

For me, yeah, there's a lot of dungeons but the theme/layout really doesn't make me think about how great they are.

DHT for example...the layout was designed almost as if you were suppose to facepull every mob, like they didn't QA that dungeon at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

Gate of the Setting Sun.
    Shado-Pan Monastery.
    Stormstout Brewery.
    Scholomance revamp.
    Siege of Nuizao Temple.

I mean I know @Jaylock isn't keen on MoP from past posts which is entirely his choice and I would never tell him otherwise but I like these dungeons. I'm sure he at least likes 1 of those 5 I listed?
    I like the Scholomance revamp pretty well. The others.. ehh I guess I like the Seige of Nuizao Temple because of the little oozes that buff you big time when you kill them. Makes the first part of the dungeon go by in a matter of a min or two which includes the first boss

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

Gate of the Setting Sun.
    Shado-Pan Monastery.
    Stormstout Brewery.
    Scholomance revamp.
    Siege of Nuizao Temple.

How can you like these dungeons? First of all, all of these were extremely easy. Second, The whole design of the dungeon was boring so were the mob models.
    And it wasn't rewarding AT ALL.

Dungeons in MoP failed, if you like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Tbh they haven't done the catchup dungeon thing since Cata. MoP had TI, WoD had Tanaan and I imagine Argus will function similar.
    Well technically, the seem to follow a different pattern than MoP or WoD, since they already added a new dungeon alongside the new raid; new dungeons post launch was a common thing until Cata.
    So it's safe to assume they would be adding new dungeons as well in the Argus patch, if they want to make it feel big and threatening and have people busy until they open the raid.

I have to admit I like their "steady stream of content" approach as they are trying to include more and more activities than "just" opening a raid.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-03-28 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted

Because let's count 1 single bosses as raid. So wait let's count World Bosses as raid too! And wait wait wait, let's count gruop quest as dungeon since the game want you to complete them with a party!

Please, you can like the content or not like it, but to say the amount of content is "subjective"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock always coming through with them fire pointless threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    As pointless as "I did not drop my BiS legendaries thx Blizzard now i can't raid with top 10 World Guild" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How can you like these dungeons? First of all, all of these were extremely easy. Second, The whole design of the dungeon was boring so were the mob models.
    And it wasn't rewarding AT ALL.

Dungeons in MoP failed, if you like it or not.
    Challenge Modes. Also no your opinion is that they failed. Challenge Mode offered players who wanted to push themselves something to do in dungeons. However Heroics were redundant once geared other than for getting Valor. Legion has the best design however because it gives people a reason to still do them and will be updated again in 7.3.

- - - Updated - - -

And your comment attacking the OP has a point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    yes legion has lots of dungeons, but the real question is whether it makes for a more enjoyable experience. Is more better?

Is the quality of those dungeons better than in the past?

For me, yeah, there's a lot of dungeons but the theme/layout really doesn't make me think about how great they are.

DHT for example...the layout was designed almost as if you were suppose to facepull every mob, like they didn't QA that dungeon at all.
    What are you talking about? DHT if you are careful you can avoid many mobs and trash packs.

The dungeon rewards you if you are smart and have some patience with the patrols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yawn. Dungeons were boring to start with, now they've got several dozen layers of boring thanks to mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your comment attacking the OP has a point?
    Never did I attack the OP. Jaylock is that dude even though, as I pointed out the obvious: his threads are pointless half the time

Never did I attack the OP. Jaylock is that dude even though, as I pointed out the obvious: his threads are pointless half the time
    How is this pointless? It's informing us that there are quite a few dungeons and a good amount of content in Legion. If all you have to contribute is attacking the OP then leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    You insinuated that this thread is pointless, which in fact there is a point.. a very large point in fact.

Legion has more content than what the jaded Legion haters give it credit for. Just the sheer number of dungeons and dungeon variety alone trumps the last 3 expansions by a kilometer (for all you Europe people out there )