Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its true that Legion isn't lacking in content. I think they did a pretty good job this expansion. I know its controversial, but I like the legendary system this time. I know, I know RNG... but I'm a fan of Diablo as well, so to me, that wasn't anything terrible. It added some excitement into otherwise repetitive activities (yes, its that barrel again, I killed that bear again, I collected 10 pieces of trash again, holy shit legendary). I'm enjoying the mythic plus challenges (Diablo again, I know), and I really enjoyed Nighthold.I hope we get a couple more dungeons as it goes on, but as Jaylock pointed out, we're already at a pretty good place for dungeon content. I hope patch 7.3 follows up with as much content as 7.2 is adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You insinuated that this thread is pointless, which in fact there is a point.. a very large point in fact.

Legion has more content than what the jaded Legion haters give it credit for. Just the sheer number of dungeons and dungeon variety alone trumps the last 3 expansions by a kilometer (for all you Europe people out there )
    I find it appalling when people come in threads just to attack you and post nothing of contribution. It basically means they want to just attack you for no good reason. Sorry but I had to speak up.

But anyway back on topic. I mean I can understand why people are displeased with Legion but to attack for lack of content is silly. Quality is down to opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What is different of spamming Mythic and doing it on heroic like they did in wotlk/cata etc?
    Mythic+ scales in reward so it has the potential to be rewarding all the time.

It also drops AP so it is rewarding all the time.

People also find doing the highest keystones they can fun.

Heroics from before got to the point they were no longer ran at all and this was a consistent and playerbase wide complaint up until Legion that dungeons were completely pointless after the first content patch.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-28 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Legion is not lacking content. Legion is lacking fun and rewarding content.
    You're not the end all deciding entity on what's fun and rewarding. I find m+ by FAR the most fun I had in wow in ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

Heroics from before got to the point they were no longer ran at all and this was a consistent and massive complaint from the playerbase up until Legion that dungeons were completely pointless after the first content patch.
    Yes. Same with TBC heroics. Great fun, very challenging, wonderful interaction between players required, but only relevant up to a certain point.

You can't just compare the number of dungeons like that, there are other variables as play like length for example. Back in TBC maybe you did one dungeon 50 times total, in Legion you'll do that in a month or less so you'll be sick of them much much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    So far the dungeon count is as follows:

1. Darkheart Thicket
    2. Neth's Lair
    3. Eye of Azshara
    4. Halls of Valor
    5. Maw of Souls
    6. Violet Hold
    7. Black Rook Hold
    8. Vault of the Wardens
    9. Court of Stars
    10. The Archway
    11. Karazhan (Part 1)
    12. Karazhan (Part 2)
    13. Cathedral of the Eternal Night

No other expansion had more dungeons except TBC and WoTLK (16 each) and we are only at the midway point in the expansion.

I broke Karazhan into 2 dungeons because each half is the length of one dungeon, and since Blizz is breaking them up into two parts in the dungeon finder, they count as 2.

So Legion is lacking content? Yeah oooooookkkaaaaayyyyyy.

On top of that, what did they say, around 1,000 unique different world quests? (essentially daily quests).

Also not to mention them adding a reason for people to continue to run dungeons after ppl out gear them, as opposed to Cata and Mop. At least WoD had challenge modes that gave people incentive to run them with a normalized ilvl.
    You know what else would have been nice? Not having to go through a few shit expansions to get to Legions point. Legion is good to casual players that log on 2-3 times a week.

It literally shafts everyone else. Even the PvPers are pretty done. I've heard the pvp talents/honor system described has "a tacked on last minute thought ripped off from 2006 first person shooters without a hint of creativity."

But on the devil's advocate side of things, having the game focused on casual play for once is kind of nice. I just don't see myself going into hardcore PvE or PvP as the current systems stand. Making raiding easier to step into for returning players is a start, but 7.2's AK system is pretty much counter intuitive to this logic.

What were we talking about? Oh right 13 dungeons. I get confused sometimes coming into Jaylock threads and forgetting why we are here. It's to praise WoW.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    so i guess jaylock is of the ban wagon again.

Goos dungoens doesn't make a great XP alone. The RNG grind fest still ruins this XP. It could have been one of the best, but Blizzard ruined it with all the RNG crap
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    so i guess jaylock is of the ban wagon again.

Goos dungoens doesn't make a great XP alone. The RNG grind fest still ruins this XP. It could have been one of the best, but Blizzard ruined it with all the RNG crap
    That's just like, your opinion man

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lotta dungeons, though running them is at times a massive frustration (see: Seagulls), and honestly I can get equivalent gear (barring Mythic+) purely through World Quests, Suramar, World Bosses, and now the Broken Shore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    That's just like, your opinion man
    Thanks for letting me know man
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2017-03-28 at 06:00 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons are, in fact, a bright spot though I think I'd break this list into 9 generally available dungeons (i.e. you can queue for them) and 3 more that until now were Mythic only and thus required a premade group. One reason it feels smaller to some people is that we don't have guilds that routinely run Arcway, etc so it's 9 dungeons on demand and those 3 (Arcway, CoS and Kara) if friends are on.

What I like more than the number of dungeons is the settings. Eye being outdoors, Maw being on a boat, DhT being in a twisty, uh, thicket. Even HoV while it's in a building takes you to outdoor settings.

I will agree that Legion has a large amount of content, and the dungeons are probably the best feature of Legion.

Those are not my complaints with legion, nor are they why I stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    there is plenty of Rewarding content, or are you looking for "easy rewarding content". M+ alone has great rewards for a fluctuating difficulty content from week to week.
    Say what? There is no point in doing anything more than 15 and that sure is not hard.
    It's 10 now I guess but still.

The rewarding content used to be mythic raids or HC befor that but as you don't really get rewarded for that anymore, whats the point?

- - - Updated - - -

You must not have joined the game until after WoTLK.
    Played since vanilla though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fun and rewarding is your entirely subjective opinion.
    Fun might be, rewarding though?
    Unless you find grinding Maw of Souls 200+ times rewarding?

Wasn't it the Op who used to argue with other forum members when they commented on the lack of dungeons and dungeons added in previous expansions lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

Heroics from before got to the point they were no longer ran at all and this was a consistent and playerbase wide complaint up until Legion that dungeons were completely pointless after the first content patch.
    Well, good dungeon design.
    Tbh, dungeons haven't been this much fun and relevant since... ever?
    Much better system then having that 1 item that never drops or when it drops u cba ever going there again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

[*]Violet Hold [*]Karazhan (Part 1) [*]Karazhan (Part 2)
    Since your counting these. Shouldnt you be counting the timewalking dungeons aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Since your counting these. Shouldnt you be counting the timewalking dungeons aswell?
    No.

/10 chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

So far the dungeon count is as follows:

1. Darkheart Thicket
    2. Neth's Lair
    3. Eye of Azshara
    4. Halls of Valor
    5. Maw of Souls
    6. Violet Hold
    7. Black Rook Hold
    8. Vault of the Wardens
    9. Court of Stars
    10. The Archway
    11. Karazhan (Part 1)
    12. Karazhan (Part 2)
    13. Cathedral of the Eternal Night
    While you have a point, There is only 12 dungeons not 13. You can't cut a dungeon in half and call it two dungeons.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While you have a point, There is only 12 dungeons not 13. You can't cut a dungeon in half and call it two dungeons.
    Strat Live and Strat Dead say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    No because the kara remake is 100% new, Only the layout is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Strat Live and Strat Dead say hello.
    Ok and that still proves my point. Saying Kara 1/2 is two dungeons is like saying ICC was 3 raids since it released in 3 wings (Or whatever it was at the time).

Its still one whole complete dungeon, You can go into it and clear it all or que for half and half.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD