Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There was hardly any complaints about what people are complaining about now, in WoTLK, or in BC.
    It was a different time back then, and the game has only gotten progressively shittier.

I'm onboard for the 'fuck legion' hype train.
    Fuck Legion.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    There was hardly any complaints about what people are complaining about now, in WoTLK, or in BC.
    It was a different time back then, and the game has only gotten progressively shittier.

Fuck Legion.
    I mean, I was complaining about them. I'm sorry people were still 14 years old and easily impressed by something that was basically a steaming pile of crap, even at the time. There was just no other competitor.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes even in the "best" versions of the game (Vanilla-WotLK) people were still complaining nonstop. Forum whiners always act like they're the voice of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post

Fuck Legion.
    This is entirely false. You were either not on forums at all during those times, or you didn't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has always been like this.
    TBC was the worst thing to happen to wow.
    Wrath was the worst thing to happen to wow.
    Cata was the worst thing to happen to wow.
    MoP was the worst thing to happen to wow.
    WoD was the worst thing to happen to wow.
    Legion is now the worst thing that's happening to wow.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    Do you often go back to a store you bought something from (or call customer service) to tell them it was good and met your expectations ?
    And now, same question for a product you really disliked and felt cheated with by the store ?

Well, this is exactly the same for the feedback and open forums liks MMO-C.
    Complaints will always be more visible.

Some are valid and make the game and the thinking about wow go forward. Others are just dull and should be treated with nothing else than ignorance.

There are two distinct groups of people who offer criticism:
    1. Those who are pointing out stuff (for whatever reason) that they don't like in hopes that a blue will see their post and maybe, just maybe do something about it.
    2. Haters, and you'll never guess what they do ....lol.

Part of the problem is that those two groups are very often lumped together and any criticism is dismissed.

Another part of the problem is that (and this is just my opinion) the majority of players in group 1 go on to quit the game altogether, and a few turn into group 2.

By the way, the sky is falling. If it wasn't then Blizz would be publishing the sub numbers.

I don't frequent the official forums too much, but I've had a tendency to obsessively refresh Mmo-champion several times a day for the better part of the decade, whether or not I'm subbed at the time or not. What I've found is that when I come back to the game I'm refreshed and actually have a good time. The part that eventually erodes my fun away is reading all the complainers and whiners being so negative about the game; subconsciously all this hate adds up and I find that the toxic levels make me want to quit. Then I realize that it's just the people and enjoy the game for what it is.

I do think though, that the homepage "Recent Forum Post" section is like a train wreck that I just can't look away from whenever I visit MMO-Champ with the intention of reading WoW news. It draws me in sometimes like a bad drama sitcom and after swimming through the vitriol, trolling, and posts from extremely-burnt-out-yet-unaware players than have been subbed for 13 years, I feel exhausted and want to shake people and tell them to stop torturing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Sorry, this has been going on since much longer. Its fine if you didn't play then, but pretending like it started in Cata and with GC is pretty ignorant. But you often say ignorant things.

- - - Updated - - -

RNG complaints have been happening since 1.0.
    It's never been as bad at it is now, and because complaints have been around for a while doesn't mean they are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    It's never been as bad at it is now, and because complaints have been around for a while doesn't mean they are meaningless.
    How did you quantify this? Did you count all the posts then, and now, on all the various forums and in game chats and private whispers?

Every expansion, every patch, every pvp season, is the worst, all the time, since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    best post...ever....
    I particularly love this guy:

I'm glad someone pointed that out. Dead? Not even close.

Yeah, and I can garantee you 4 million of those people are complete utter noobs to the world of gaming, so it doesn't even really count.

However it will be officially dead when Warhammer rolls in. Maybe even Age of Conan.
    Hah
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, people were always like this on the forums. With time it became a hobby for some :P

The bottom line is that people who enjoy the game rarely come to the forums to express that. So you mostly see the negative opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Complaining the complaining about complaining. How delicious!
    Every day, in every way, we are getting meta and meta.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How did you quantify this? Did you count all the posts then, and now, on all the various forums and in game chats and private whispers?
    Talking about the actual RNG problem, not complaints about the RNG problem.

Derp: Vanilla was the best!

Derp confesses "I didn't play vanilla."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    There is no excessive grinding outside of WF race, which always been brutal. Split raids and demanding multiple alts (all 4-5 tanks,anyone?) are way more detrimental to the game and its on community side.

BiS legs are not that far from utility ones come 7.2. They`re not needed unless you want to clear M NH within the first 1-2 months.
    WF/TF are a nice bonus from a worthless run. It`s not needed for progression and should not something players aim to get.
    Amount of raid preparation is pathetic compared to Vanilla or TBC.
    You dont need to grind reputation for end game content.
    There are no gated profession stuff.
    You dont need to run 4 different lockouts to get BiS gear.

I dont get where this 'absurd grind' comes from, maybe from MoP`s crybabies?

OT,its always been this way. "Current xpac is always the worst ever ever ever and Blizzard sucks". And they are still playing the game lol
    I find the MoP comment quite interesting, when you obviously don't seem to know what it was like in TBC. It was easier to get consumables on TBC i'll let you know. Dunno about Vanilla, but vanilla was a broken unbalanced mess, so i don't use it to gauge anything.

Also, there is an important distinction between infinite and finite grinds. Reputations? Not a problem at all.

There is gated profession stuff. Have you tried farming starlight rose without rank 3?

Seriously, your post is bogus. Doesn't even look like you're playing the game. Gonna have to disagree with most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There are two distinct groups of people who offer criticism:
    1. Those who are pointing out stuff (for whatever reason) that they don't like in hopes that a blue will see their post and maybe, just maybe do something about it.
    2. Haters, and you'll never guess what they do ....lol.

Part of the problem is that those two groups are very often lumped together and any criticism is dismissed.

Another part of the problem is that (and this is just my opinion) the majority of players in group 1 go on to quit the game altogether, and a few turn into group 2.

By the way, the sky is falling. If it wasn't then Blizz would be publishing the sub numbers.
    People who criticize the game usually hope the game will become better / fix the problems they're complaining about. Those who lost hope, just unsub quietly.

So what is actually worse "loud minority" that wants to discuss problems and their personal aches with the game, or silent majority who just leaves without a trace? Apparently on these forums people constantly say "just unsub, go away, stop talking", but from business point of view you definitely don't want half your customers just leave in silence, even when it's proclaimed "the mature solution".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The community here seems extremely negative, calling Legion one of the worst expansions pretty regularly at this point, I really can't understand that, it's as if they hate WoW now but can't see it so they choose to keep blaming the game.

I started reading these forums regularly when WoD hype was real, so I understood the hate WoD got and I passed it off as the expansion just lacking much of anything to do.

But now... my question to some of the mmo-champion vets who don't hate Legion with a bloody passion is, is it truly like this every expansion? Has the community grone more cynical and negative over time?
    What the... dude...

The community, has been the same as it always has been. You find your fair share of trolls and cunts anywhere you look. Including real life ya know.

Life's the way it is and it hasn't particularly changed, like... ever.

Misunderstandings = problems.

Problems = People acting douche.

big community you cant plz everyone
    there will always be many people that will complain