Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Oh, sure, the mechano hog. Not the ubiquitious gyrocopters or huge air ships, or the Ulduar super computer. No, it's the hog.
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yup not a fan of all the space themed crap.

I'd like to get an expansion that gets back to good old regular medieval themes.
    Ah, yes, the good old times of wooden oil rigs and medieval gyrocopters of WarCraft 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.
    Exactly my point.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-03-28 at 09:11 AM.

until they stay far from european middle ages for me is worth

10+ Year Old Account
    Sci-fi elements have been front and center in WoW since BC.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    like burning crusade right?
    I was not particularly fond of TBC either. (the theme, the actual gameplay was fine)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ah, yes, the good old times of wooden oil rigs and medieval gyrocopters of WarCraft 2...
    I was thinking more the zone themes of vanilla and its raidzones.

Castles. Dragons. etc etc

Stromguarde could have had so much potential as a dungeon or raid of some sort.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-03-28 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I really like the idea of spaceships that work with magic instead of sci-fi technology. It's weird, but Warcraft has been a slightly weird high fantasy for a long time.
    well in blades edge mountains the gnomes send you on a mission to get nether energy to power devices.

the fact is that "magic" in wow is really just plebotium energy that has certain characteristic. i'd remind you of the saying from Girl Genius "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indestinguishable from technology"

magic is used as a power source, thinks like arcane and fel "irradiate" creatures like blood elves, orcs , and wildlife.

the original premise of Warcraft is "green aliens invade using a Stargate" and the Titans as well as Demons, Eredar, and orcs are all Aliens.

and this is true in most high fantasy. Call of Cthulu is the base of many things and its an alien creature from another dimension yet is a staple of the "modern fantasy" genre. Many fantasy stories involve uncovering ruins of "advanced civilization" which though they usually arent is a staple of scifi, coming across the ruins of an advanced alien civilization.

the two genres of sci fi and fantasy are one in the same. its just a matter of if the special energy is "dark matter" or "magic"

- - - Updated - - -

and seeing some of the last replies.... I will say again for Emphasis

the original theme of warcraft was "green aliens invade from another planet through an interdimensional wormhole stargate"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Don't try making sense of it, it just doesn't work. Why unload demonic armies on the ground, when you can basicly destroy all Azeroth's armies with a couple of well aimed orbital strikes. I mean, there was a reason why they introduced magic portals instead of spaceships from the get-go. I guess they forgot the reason. It's not like they care about coherence of the story told anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Don't try making sense of it, it just doesn't work. Why unload demonic armies on the ground, when you can basicly destroy all Azeroth's armies with a couple of well aimed orbital strikes. I mean, there was a reason why they introduced magic portals instead of spaceships from the get-go. I guess they forgot the reason. It's not like they care about coherence of the story told anyways.
    also blizz are a giant octupus monster who use your gold to fund scientology

you know since we are just making stuff up.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    That's no excuse. They shouldn't have been in TBC either.
    Well remember. When was the burning legion and the orcs added to the warcaft story? Because they came from outer space so. Yeah...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-28 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

We have the power to keep entire cities floating, we have pets that shoot laser beams, why would the concept of space ships not fit in there?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    That was when it started, yes. The mechano hog in Wrath was the next big disappointment.
    Gnomes always had tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    This is the only problem I had with the ships, if we don't have any to defend our orbit, or ground to orbital defenses, all the legion needs to do is fly high and bomb the crap outta us. I spose the mages would come up with some magic SAM sites or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    remember when spaceships in wow was a joke now we got kil'jaeden and the Legion do you all like the story this expansion?
    wee as players are becoming more important than the lore characters maybe it's time to take a step back

they were never a joke
    remember TBC?

the retail game shifted from standard classic fantasy (dragons and shit) to high fantasy (lazers and naarus) in TBC

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    also blizz are a giant octupus monster who use your gold to fund scientology

you know since we are just making stuff up.
    Feel free to point out which part of my statement was "making stuff up". Really, I would love to see you do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    remember when spaceships in wow was a joke now we got kil'jaeden and the Legion do you all like the story this expansion?
    wee as players are becoming more important than the lore characters maybe it's time to take a step back

Ikr, It's like we gon be galactic conquerors soon, and we'll get an Emperor of Mankind, and the Inquisition will pave the way to a glorious fleet of-..wait wrong Universe... or iiiis It at this point?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    We are the Legion resistance is futile.

they way the implemented spaceships is not all that bad, specially when you have the exodar arcatraz and so on. What really is distasteful and out of place are pandas, they dont fit in the lore and kung fu has no place in western fantasy with orcs and elfs which is what the game is based o

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    We always been important.
    As important as we may be, we're still not too proud to dig through a pile of dog crap looking for someone's keys if they dangle a bag of silver pieces in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    they way the implemented spaceships is not all that bad, specially when you have the exodar arcatraz and so on. What really is distasteful and out of place are pandas, they dont fit in the lore and kung fu has no place in western fantasy with orcs and elfs which is what the game is based o
    No, what's really distasteful is your narrow view on what fantasy is, trying to reduce everything to a very narrow subset of Tolkien-knockoffs.