Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it doesnt have to deal with the ink physics splatoon has, its just a racing game.
    The game is basically the exact same as Splatoon 1 with new features(none of which are graphics related) and it's not even running as well as Splatoon 1 in handheld mode which is still slightly stronger then the Wii U.

That tells me the engine has not ported over well to the Switch once again debunking the myth that "Switch is so easy to develop for!".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game is basically the exact same as Splatoon 1 with new features(none of which are graphics related) and it's not even running as well as Splatoon 1 in handheld mode which is still slightly stronger then the Wii U.

That tells me the engine has not ported over well to the Switch once again debunking the myth that "Switch is so easy to develop for!".
    Yeah, this is pretty much the only explanation. Breath of the Wild is better optimized on the Switch than the Wii U, there's little reason Splatoon 2 should run worse than the first game while undocked. The only positive spin I can possibly think of is that the team could just be much more familiar with the GC/Wii/Wii U coding structure and weren't given enough time to properly optimize the game. Splatoon 1 just came out two years ago, Breath of the Wild was probably being ported to the Switch for the same amount of time.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like the performance of Splatoon 2 isn't just bad only on the client side. Apparently, the game's server ticks at 12.5 Hz (higher Hz = smoother gameplay). For comparison, Splatoon 1 ticked at 25 Hz, Overwatch ticks at 63 Hz. CS:GO ticks at 64 Hz, but it's 128 Hz for tournaments. http://nintendotoday.com/splatoon-2-tick-rate/
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-03-29 at 12:39 AM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much the only explanation. Breath of the Wild is better optimized on the Switch than the Wii U, there's little reason Splatoon 2 should run worse than the first game while undocked. The only positive spin I can possibly think of is that the team could just be much more familiar with the GC/Wii/Wii U coding structure and weren't given enough time to properly optimize the game. Splatoon 1 just came out two years ago, Breath of the Wild was probably being ported to the Switch for the same amount of time.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like the performance of Splatoon 2 isn't just bad only on the client side. Apparently, the game's server ticks at 12.5 MHz (higher MHz = smoother gameplay). For comparison, Splatoon 1 ticked at 25 MHz, Overwatch ticks at 63 MHz. CS:GO ticks at 64 MHz, but it's 128 MHz for tournaments. http://nintendotoday.com/splatoon-2-tick-rate/
    Tiny thing, it's Hz not MHz, huge difference by a factor of a million. If it was indeed running at 12.5MHz then the server would probably just crash with a few clients.

The polling speed doesn't mean smoother gameplay, it means more updates per second. The main thing that'll be affected is player positioning and detection, which is very important but it doesn't make the gameplay any smoother.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-03-29 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Tiny thing, it's Hz not MHz, huge difference by a factor of a million. If it was indeed running at 12.5MHz then the server would probably just crash with a few clients.

The polling speed doesn't mean smoother gameplay, it means more updates per second. The main thing that'll be affected is player positioning and detection, which is very important but it doesn't make the gameplay any smoother.
    Corrected to Hz, thanks. Smoother gameplay is what they said in the article so :/
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corrected to Hz, thanks. Smoother gameplay is what they said in the article so :/
    Server polling speed is basically the rate at which everything updates on the server side. So the faster the speed, the more up to date the server is (relative to everyone). So for example if you move like 5 feet in one second (constant speed), and it polls at 10Hz, that means that at the start and the end, it would detect you at .5ft, 1ft, 1.5ft, 2, 2.5, 3 and so on. It mainly affects things like where people see you when they shoot you as you're running and stuff like that. On your screen it won't really show much at all as these games tend to have motion interpolation to deal with the differences between each cycle. At the start Overwatch started at 20Hz iirc before going higher cause people kept 'lag dying' so to speak. Your client won't really see any difference in terms of smoothness because that poll rate is for the server, not for you. Your own 'poll rate' is actually your FPS as inputs and such are read per frame.

https://twitter.com/BestBuy/status/846859457032204288

Best Buy will put up limited quantities of Switches on their online store tomorrow at Noon CT.

Oh, and they're just now recording music for Xenoblade 2. This all but confirms my suspicion that there's no fucking way the game is coming out this year in America (and maybe not in Japan either).

https://twitter.com/YasunoriMitsuda/...25485988376581
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-03-29 at 02:19 AM.

Oh, and they're just now recording music for Xenoblade 2. This all but confirms my suspicion that there's no fucking way the game is coming out this year in America (and maybe not in Japan either).
    Yea I think Xenoblade 2 is scheduled for fiscal year 2017 in Japan, which could be march and could be delayed from there. It's definitely not scheduled for calendar year 2017 even in Japan.

If it does come out in march in japan if we look at the XCX localization time that basically makes it fall 2018 in the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switches on Amazon for 200 and less?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

What the hell? Possible scams?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, these are most likely scams. Just look at the ratings. Most are just launched and none of them have more than 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread, these are most likely scams. Just look at the ratings. Most are just launched and none of them have more than 10.
    I was in that convo too, I noticed it looked fishy, but this

what the hell? this is so fishy

I was in that convo too, I noticed it looked fishy, but this

what the hell? this is so fishy
    Yeah, but people are stupid. Nobody would do it if people didn't fall for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but people are stupid. Nobody would do it if people didn't fall for it.
    thats true lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol one of them had 6 positive reviews....from 2007 ><

7+ Year Old Account

Yep, and there have been multiple articles/forum posts written the last week to try and warn people. Stay far away from them. People are jerks, and this is the kind of stuff that means we can't have nice things.

As an example:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/bewa...rice-on-amazon

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1354335&page=3

Some dude bought one for $200 and supposedly arrived. I call utter bullshit frankly. Even if someone stole it they'd still shift it for more so someone literally paid full price and then sent it in the shittiest packed box I've seen.

I think its just a Gafer looking to get a story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

I think its just a Gafer looking to get a story.
    Hate to be eternally cynical, but my first thoughts lined up with the guy on page 5 that said:

"OP is actually a front for scammer accounts on amazon and is trying to make them more appealing.

Gotta think in 4 dimensions GAF, or you will get outplayed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Hate to be eternally cynical, but my first thoughts lined up with the guy on page 5 that said:

"OP is actually a front for scammer accounts on amazon and is trying to make them more appealing.

Gotta think in 4 dimensions GAF, or you will get outplayed."
    Or just look at the box and wonder why there's no tape marks despite the tape being cut in half, pulled off (why when it's already cut in half) and no obvious tear marks on the box itself despite the tape itself shows that stuff was clearly torn off.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-03-29 at 06:48 PM.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ho...GSS-05-10aaa0b
    How To Turn Your Old N64 Into A Nintendo Switch Dock
    Meet the "Nintendo Switch 64."

You might need to do a double-take if you go over to Reddit user tettzan777's house to game; he's transformed an old Nintendo 64 into a working Nintendo Switch dock. Check out the end result:
    In a post on Imgur and in a YouTube video (below), tettzan unveils the "Nintendo Switch 64" and how he made it. This shows how he modded the broken N64's cartridge slot into a Switch dock. He also swapped out the controller ports for USB ports.
    Tettzan says there's plenty of space between the dock and the Switch, so the unit never touches the edges and gets scratched. Some players have reported the official Switch dock can scratch portions of the system's screen, which tettzan hopes to make less likely with a further adjustment to his mod.

"I'm planning on adding a thin box surrounding the cartridge slot and sticking a soft felt on top to make a better fit for the Switch," he said on Reddit.

If you're concerned about a working console being gutted for this mod, don't worry. Tettzen says he got a haul of 13 broken Nintendo 64s with the intention of refurbishing them. This one was the most damaged, so he decided to get creative and give it a new lease on life.

If you want to read all about tettzan's mod, head over to his Reddit feed here

Neat.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah, yeah, I saw it. I'd be even more concerned about the airflow in that N64 dock than the vanilla dock, but this guy would obviously know way more about that than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo switchtyfour would make more sense as a name surely?