Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's as if the usual suspects among Negative Nate's are desperate for ways to find things that they can use to discredit the game.
    Even had someone pre-emptively bitch about how "the patch is garbage because people will use mammoths to stand on Khadgar"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Forums don't have the majority of people that play so it's not an argument.
    Even casuals are done with any means of progressing their character in a maximum of four hours.

Well, I guess this kind of approach is well-tailored to casuals. But then again, it is a well known fact that most people do not really excel at scrutinizing the whys and hows of their (gaming) environment so in effect Blizzard can treat them like children and direct them to play their game at a pace the developers themselves consider most effective.

Way to go! But more critical minds can clearly see manipulative schemes behind the facade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a bunch of (as usual) Debbie Downers. Grow up for god's sake. Admitting they've played for 20 minutes and the patch is shit. I totally enjoyed what I have played so far and shall take in my first alt in next. Guess haters gonna hate...cryers gonna cry.

I was really enjoying Legion until the Illidan quest line became gated behind an 8 weeks grind for an items that aren't even guaranteed drops (I didn't even mind the story being time gated). The gating of content in this xpac is pretty demoralizing and is honestly the sole reason I let my sub run out. Maybe one day when I pick up the next xpac I'll come back and do the old content. An unfortunate design by Blizzard from my perspective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So you're mad you can't figure out where shit is?

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is longer than the front page notes that answers this question. Maybe next time spend less time bitching and more time paying attention.
    Where is timegating explained? Where in the Q&A did they state that all of this content will be timegated? They surely hyped it up well by saying it is "the largest content patch ever". Doesn´t seem like it. It is just about waiting for next week. Each week is a cliffhanger.

I remember in the past when a Major patch was released, the content didn't need to develop, it was already there to be consumed. Firelands patch comes to mind - now that daily quest hub was awesome. 3.3 comes to mind, I was literally playing non-stop for weeks on end. Even Timeless Isle comes to mind, though yes it was boring after a month or so.

Patches meant that characters had a new progression path ahead of them, something to work towards. There is absolutely no control I possess right now over my own character. It has become a waiting game. And if you thought AP grind was bad, try the construction grind. Sitting at 1% just now, demoralizing to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Even casuals are done with any means of progressing their character in a maximum of four hours.

Well, I guess this kind of approach is well-tailored to casuals. But then again, it is a well known fact that most people do not really excel at scrutinizing the whys and hows of their (gaming) environment so in effect Blizzard can treat them like children and direct them to play their game at a pace the developers themselves consider most effective.

Way to go! But more critical minds can clearly see manipulative schemes behind the facade.
    Yes yes only you can figure Blizzard's professional game designs @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

OP you're exactly the type of guy that needs his time and progress moderated externally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    OP you're exactly the type of guy that needs his time and progress moderated externally.
    Yes. Activision Blizzard is filling me in on how to really play the game right?

I shall send them my regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I feel like I got trolled. Legion is obviously an expansion trying desperately to retain subs with maddening RNG, grind, and timegating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seen people play the patch for hours and hours. You're failing somewhere.
    OP probably wants to play a solo game with only storylines and raid normal/LFR and a few mythic+ 0 dungeons. Content has always been there, even in wod there were quite some stuff to do it's just some people didn't enjoy them.

I'm probably spamming dungeons tomorrow grinding some AP and high ilvl loot from Kara.

so, can people who are praising this patch talk to me about the new content that is available right now? no, im not talking about the shitty WQ that we already have since the beggining of the expa and no, im not talking about the shitty scenario we already did in WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    OP probably wants to play a solo game with only storylines and raid normal/LFR and a few mythic+ 0 dungeons. Content has always been there, even in wod there were quite some stuff to do it's just some people didn't enjoy them.

I'm probably spamming dungeons tomorrow grinding some AP and high ilvl loot from Kara.
    Announce Patch date as 28/3.
    Class campaign gated.
    Flying gated.
    PvP brawls not in.
    Legion invasions not in.

??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Legion is polished turd. It's them telling everyone there is more content when there is not, everything is just gated. But hey, you can grind out an old school talent tree at least! Or run old dungeons!
    Hey! that's not true, not everything is gated...you forgot RNG

Deleted
    like they said before the patch. so how come you are so surprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    ooohhh buhuhuhu

Deleted
    Also it appears that level 110 mobs now scale according to your item level.

Fascinating! If you get better gear, don´t worry - content will still be just as hard at 900 item level as it was when you just dinged!

ITT: OP trolling the everliving shit out of anybody who has the audacity to enjoy playing WoW.

Thanks for this, OP. We needed another "Fuck Blizzard" echo chamber. This is a new, exciting and incredibly forward-thinking perspective and if not for this thread, I don't think anybody would have ever recognized Blizzard for the sham they are!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ITT: OP trolling the everliving shit out of anybody who has the audacity to enjoy playing WoW.

Thanks for this, OP. We needed another "Fuck Blizzard" echo chamber. This is a new, exciting and incredibly forward-thinking perspective and if not for this thread, I don't think anybody would have ever recognized Blizzard for the sham they are!
    Inb4: Power scaling at max level is the best change they ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Inb4: Power scaling at max level is the best change they ever made.
    God forbid open world mobs stay alive for more than a second or two!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    God forbid open world mobs stay alive for more than a second or two!
    What is the point of gearing now? It used to be about feeling stronger.