Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    If theyre going to scale up they should drop more loot, otherwise pure bs. Minor annoyance but still dumb.
    I was beginning to believe you protected Blizzard against all critique. Glad I was wrong.

The change itself is dumb yes, but not documenting sends a bad message as well. This affects the game much more than a lot of the documented changes do.

If theyre going to scale up they should drop more loot, otherwise pure bs. Minor annoyance but still dumb.
    Well, they kinda do in the form of higher Ilvl from world quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did this just happen via a hotfix? Because my wife and I did all of the Broken Shore stuff and 3/3 emissaries (including quite a few in Suramar) it didn't seem any harder than usual.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this honestly. It kind of makes gear pointless out in the world. You might as well just do what PVP is and give templates. I really don't understand this? What purpose does it have that people want? If you're someone whose 920 ilvl you should be able to absolutely decimate World Quests and whatever your doing. Character power and progression is tied to this game, yet they seem to be attempting to remove gear and the only progression being Artifacts. Got to wait a couple of hours to actually experience this myself (EU) but even the idea of it is crap. It's already made PVP Gear completely useless beyond Transmog/PVE and yet they seem to want to take the PVE world part of it out as well. Only thing for gear soon will be Dungeons/Raids.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Preserves the difficulty of open world content while allowing you to continue to gain power in instancd content
    The only reason I started doing suramar city was because I had enough gear to TRY and survive getting spotted OUTSIDE the circle and for the times when I got stuck on some random shit in the city whilst inside the circle.

Still 90% of time I get unmasked on my priest I get absolutely raped even at ilevel 875.

- - - Updated - - -

Minor my ass, the jump in difficulty between 109 and 110 is huge on mobs, damage you take to what you deal for some classes is absolutely brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I'm about 99% sure this is a bug.

1) It's incredibly inconsistent. Most mobs I'm still able to AoE down just as easily as before the patch. The only ones I've notably found exempt from this are the Broken Shore and PvP Towers, which seem to have some kind of scaling (other than the tower boss, who I still seem to be able to kill in 3-5 seconds)

2) The way it's implemented is very inconsistent. for example, I seem to have an easier time killing affected mobs with my 864 WW with 32 traits than my 912 Boomkin with (post 7.2) 40 traits.

3)It wasn't documented. Something as easy to detect as this isn't something they intentionally put in without documenting it.

I'm calling it a bug until seen otherwise, sucks that it made it through, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Oh give me a ********* break, this is so much bull****.

Guess I wont be playing my mage anymore, was brutal enough just after dinging 110. Guess I wont be finishing Suramar either, thanks Blizzard assholes.
    I still one-shot mobs on my mage. Not sure what game you're playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just conjecture on my part, but I suspect it will cap as to how far they scale up, and we'll still be outgearing things again soon. I think they didn't want the mobs to be too difficult for new 110s but also didn't want the new stuff to be totally trivial for those of us in raid/mythic+ gear.
    But it should be, outside of raids has never been difficult once you ended up in some badass gear why are they changing this now. If this was just for the new zone then it may have been tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    To be fair, I'm about 99% sure this is a bug.

1) It's incredibly inconsistent. Most mobs I'm still able to AoE down just as easily as before the patch. The only ones I've notably found exempt from this are the Broken Shore and PvP Towers, which seem to have some kind of scaling (other than the tower boss, who I still seem to be able to kill in 3-5 seconds)

2) The way it's implemented is very inconsistent. for example, I seem to have an easier time killing affected mobs with my 864 WW with 32 traits than my 912 Boomkin with (post 7.2) 40 traits.

3)It wasn't documented. Something as easy to detect as this isn't something they intentionally put in without documenting it.

I'm calling it a bug until seen otherwise, sucks that it made it through, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
    WW is OPAF compared to boomkin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jegethy View Post
    Correct. I also reached out to the on Twitter and they've not responded, whereas they are responding to everyone else within minutes about bug reports etc. That makes me suspect it's a bug and they aren't authorised to confirm or deny that.
    Don't know why, they are not the CIA

What is the point of gear progression if mobs are gonna scale up as you get better gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    First the game is too easy now it's to hard. /sigh guess there will always be something for someone to complain about.
    We're not complaining that it's too hard, but that this change makes the sense of character power progression go away entirely, which is dumb.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I imagine it was meant to be for Broken Shore only, and came out as a bug. I highly doubt Blizzard would try to "sneak" this in.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    But it should be, outside of raids has never been difficult once you ended up in some badass gear why are they changing this now. If this was just for the new zone then it may have been tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

WW is OPAF compared to boomkin

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why, they are not the CIA
    I mean, beyond that, I'll test on more toons after raid to see if it's class or erratic scaling, but I have a hunch it's the latter. But it still stands that the areas "benefiting" from this "undocumented change" are incredibly erratic, meaning it's most likely a bug
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Deleted
    But it still isn't difficult....they'd have to quadruple(probably higher) the enemies health to make it similar to a fresh 110

Deleted
    So PvE templates pretty much. Gear matters not.

Maybe we should list our characters in terms of ilvl and class/spec combo and how much difficulty we had to see whom/where is having the problem. And to list what time (in hours from their post) that way we can see what's really going on here. It could just be this mobs are scaled to a higher ilvl here than every other zone.

Brewmaster Monk Ilvl 902 equipped, no solo problems, 3 hours ago
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly not a big deal, but it definitely illustrates the utter stupidity behind some of the design philosophies in Legion.

How does Blizzard arrive at the conclusion that making your trash glitter equals offering you treasure?

If I am obtaining better gear, enhancing it, unlocking additional skills, empowering my artifact, polishing my strategy, but then the persistent world around me makes sure that I feel barely stronger than a newly dinged 110, what did all my effort accomplish?

Imagine if Blizzard made open world, dungeons and raids all have the exact same difficulty and scale with your iLevel.
    Absofuckinglutely marvelous!
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Maybe we should list our characters in terms of ilvl and class/spec combo and how much difficulty we had to see whom/where is having the problem. And to list what time (in hours from their post) that way we can see what's really going on here. It could just be this mobs are scaled to a higher ilvl here than every other zone.

Brewmaster Monk Ilvl 902 equipped, no solo problems, 3 hours ago
    EU here, servers are down for patch so I won't get to play til tomorrow...... if I bother going past doing order missions.

Deleted
    Ironic how they emphasized in that last Q&A that the goal is for everyone to not feel weaker after the patch.

That's pretty cool, hope it's intended.

Good to know I don't have to worry about grinding up my itemlevel anymore. I'll just LFR the rest of the expac after I finish the "Balance of Power" quest line. What's the point in higher itemlevel if you won't see the advantages outside of boss fights? That was half the fun was being able to just plow through shit in the world.