Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Hardest, Most Notorious 5man instances in WOW

What was the most notorious 5 man instances in wow?

What i mean by notorious i mean by hard, buggy, broken, unfair mechanics and class stacking etc?

Now if i had to make a list from each xpac i would say

1. Vanilla - Stratholme
    2. BC - Shattered halls
    3. Wrath - Halls of Lightening
    4. Cata - Grim Batol
    5. Mop - Shado Pan Monastery
    6. WoD - Grimrail Depot

Any bc heroic was hell. Shadow labs probably the worst. Anything wrath onwards is cake and requires 0 skill to finish

You forgot about halls of reflection.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I'D say halls of lighting was one of the easier wrath dungeons

Heroic Shattered Halls or Shadow Labs, that mindcontrol boss in SLABS was brutal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    I'D say halls of lighting was one of the easier wrath dungeons
    Not before you could outgear it

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    You forgot about halls of reflection.
    This.

Halls of Lightning is not even close to being the most difficult in Wrath.

Magisters' Terrace for me along with Shattered Halls

Quote Originally Posted by Jegethy View Post
    This.

Halls of Lightning is not even close to being the most difficult in Wrath.
    Thats the thing if you remember when Halls of Lightening was new it was incredibly hard but when HOR came out you was in free trial of crusader gear.

Though thinking back i maybe more thinking of leaning towards the Occulus! Damn that instance sucked ass! So much so blizz had to bribe people to run it in the group finder!

Deleted
    i do not remember HoL being such a bad place. i do however remember avoiding the oculus pre nerf like the plauge.

IMO BC was the only time where 5 mans were painstakingly difficult.

Shadow Labs, Shattered Halls, and Black Morass made me want to rip my eyeballs out 9/10 times I ran them.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really disliked heroic Stonecore when Cata first dropped and the heroics were pretty difficult.

Fun thread! I'd say:

1. Vanilla - Strath UD side (45 min baron run especially)/BRD for the sheer scale and unlikeliness for a group to actually complete it.
    2. BC - Shattered Halls. Ridiculously hard trash. I can't count the number of groups I was in that disbanded on the hallway immediately following the gauntlet event.
    3. Wrath - A lot of people will probably say Halls of Reflection/Halls of Lightning, but I personally didn't have much trouble with them (I do remember wiping on Loken quite a bit though). Unsure of what to put.
    4. Cata - Another unsure one. Maybe Grim'Batol/Zul'aman when the remake first came out.
    5. MoP - Shado-pan/Mogu'shan. On challenge mode, Mogu'shan was especially rough.
    6. WoD - Grimrail/UBRS.

ZA/ZG I would say takes the cake for Cata.

MoP and WOD I can find agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Not before you could outgear it
    Went in there first week with a fury warrior tank an cleared it first try getting all the achievements. It was a fucking joke compared to anything from the previous expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Heroic Arcatraz was nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Went in there first week with a fury warrior tank an cleared it first try getting all the achievements. It was a fucking joke compared to anything from the previous expansion.
    So which would you say was the hardest in wrath cause to me Lightening was a pug killer back in the early days before you could face roll it?

Cathedral of the eternal night....

Arcatraz

Shattered Halls

Those 3

Why, you may ask? Because, fuck up 1 move, or stand in 1 thing, and your ass is kicked beyond a fucking Argus....

Infact, Cathedral was the first time in YEARS as to where I even had to look up the mechs....

I remember dying horribly many times to the 3rd boss in stonecore before they nerfed cata heroics. I think shattered halls will forever be the biggest pain in the ass 5 man though.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I think shattered halls will forever be the biggest pain in the ass 5 man though.
    I agree i think in my experience i would put that in my number one